Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Game Informer details [Up: Additional Details]

Sephiroth_GR_

Feb 22, 2014
From this month's Game Informer issue. Adding more in a bit:

-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)

-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"

-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions

-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply

-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution

-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies

-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jul 26, 2014
America
Malik? :(

Glad to see they are stringing together different elements of each part of Human Revolution though

FStop7

Banned
Jan 8, 2009
Los Angeles
It's just people who assumed that the whole "Deus Ex: Universe" thing was a MMO when it fact EM said on multiple occasion that it was just a name given to the whole Deus Ex ecosystem (games, books, etc etc). AFAIK they never talked or even hinted at any point that there would be a Deus EX MMO.
Deus Ex Fabula Nova Crystallis

Shredderi

Feb 24, 2013
Malik ;_;7. Really excited to finally hear some concrete details about the game. I'm guessing a CG trailer at E3.

Cartoons

Banned
Dec 14, 2013
UK
Deus Ex is by far my favourite game of all time, and I adored Human Revolution. My body is very ready.

Kas

Jan 30, 2015
As long as the CASIE mod isn't useless like it was in the first game. I think I only ever used it on Tong Si Hung because I couldn't guess what he wanted. Make it actually useful, and I'll be good.

Jawmuncher

Sep 2, 2010
Isla Nublar
Would it be a good idea to just straight up not award any XP for combat at all? Award XP for doing missions, finding areas and such, but not for actual combat whether it be lethal or non-lethal.
That sounds fine to me. Something that would make either play style viable and somewhat more equal is a plus to me.

mgs2master2

Banned
Jan 12, 2014
From this month's Game Informer issue. Adding more in a bit:

-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
Sounds strangely familiar......

Regardless love the details here and I'm too hyped for this

Jawmuncher

Sep 2, 2010
Isla Nublar
Funny enough for someone who tried to play the game action all the way through. The boss fights were the only thing I was rewarded with. Had no issues at all.

Altazor

Nov 9, 2009
how many bosses were in HR and how good were they?
4 in the vanilla version and one in The Missing Link.

They were the weakest part of the game, though the one in The Missing Link was fun 'cause you had (gasp!) a choice in how to approach it.

dapperbandit

Banned
May 16, 2013
While I liked Jensen a lot as a character, I sort of feel like Jensen and the world he exists in came to a close at the end of Human Revolution. It feels a bit odd to me asking you to join Jensen in this game two years after the end of that game and not really take into account the big decisions you made at the end of that game and the consequences for Jensen and the world.

I know details are scarce and I don't have the full picture but thematically it doesn't sound like there's a big difference between this game and the last: social friction between augmented people and non augmented people, a new classism, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy the game exists it's just that I was expecting a more distinct entity from the last game.

Jan 14, 2015
4 in the vanilla version and one in The Missing Link.

They were the weakest part of the game, though the one in The Missing Link was fun 'cause you had (gasp!) a choice in how to approach it.
Lawrence, Yelena and Jaron...who was the 4th one in vanilla?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oct 29, 2006
Details sound so good. Can't wait to see this one in action.

It is nice to see other shooters taking some things from Crysis now that those games will never exist ever again.
I agree that more games need to take the real time weapon customization but I think Crysis will live on
as a Fire TV exclusive.

IcyEyes

Nov 15, 2008
Amazing. Sounds like another winner to me. Human Revolution was an awesome game ... I hope this one will turn in a superior game.

Glad to be Jensen again. I really liked this character.

Ps Total hype for this game.

HateGames

Nov 10, 2013
All sounds good. One of the reasons hr felt so boring was how conservative u had to be with abilities so faster recharge is good news. hype increasing

Damerman

Jun 15, 2013
New Jersey
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply

I'm gonna take my time with this game... I don't know if i'll be gentle, but i will take my time.

dlauv

Apr 6, 2014
Texas
I really hope they fix the lethal takedowns and lethality in general. Lethal path was gimped and made stealth nearly impossible unless you had a silencer. Which was stupid because the blades were so cool.

The fix to the gunplay is such incredible news tho. I'm glad they spent so much time with it. It really wasn't very good at all in the first.

Trago

Aug 31, 2013
I like what I'm reading. Seems like a great progression from HR. Bring on the gameplay!!

Vire

DancingJesus
Aug 16, 2009
Definitely sounds Human Revolution Part Deux.

What I want to know is how does the Jensen storyline even work given the endings of the HR... I hope there isn't some awful nano machines retcon.

Fiery Phoenix

Banned
Dec 20, 2014
This sounds like a pretty straightforward iterational sequel, which sounds fine.

Out of curiosity did they ask about online outside of the "Is there an MMO?" question?
I would like to know this as well. I hope there isn't any multiplayer in the game, personally.

Jan 14, 2015
yes, but it gets coopted by the Illuminati, specifically Zhao Yun Ru... so she's the final boss
ahh you are correct....

man Hugh Darrow created human augmentation, created Panchaea..created the Hylon Project

all works of genius..yet really didn't turn out well for him or anyone else..