• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Game Informer details [Up: Additional Details]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sounds pretty bad, not like the kind of game I want to play. Where's the faux-MMO multiplayer? Abundance of day one DLC microtransactions for augs and weapon upgrades? Why can I still go stealth, when it should be pure shootbang? Why bother with branching dialogue and quests? Streamline that shit. Where's Lightning?

Next you'll tell me it still has explorable hubs *groan*

Alucrid

Banned
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay

maybe because shooting everyone in this game was boring as hell

Sojgat

Sounds pretty bad, not like the kind of game I want to play. Where's the faux-MMO multiplayer? Abundance of day one DLC microtransactions for augs and weapon upgrades? Why can I still go stealth, when it should be pure shootbang? Why bother with branching dialogue and quests? Streamline that shit. Where's Lightning?

7736794.jpg

I need to buy Human Revolution for the PC before this comes out. It's been a while since I played it on the 360. The game is definitely good enough for a second play through and I've been meaning to do it for a while. A sequel coming is just the push I need. As soon as I finish my Witcher 1-3 marathon I'll be diving back into HR.

-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay

Exactly, that's the thing that I love about Deus Ex. It isn't necessary to kill, and in certain situations it's downright dumb. If they remove that it won't be Deus Ex. Screw pure gun play, there are more than enough games that focus on that already.

Yeah, I think that one might be asking a little too much.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm the increased combat focus and talk of sets pieces worry me. Hopefully it's just bringing the actual shooting mechanics up to par. Given all the changes at edios I'm not sure it'll live up to hr which wasn't up to the original. Also really hope the frequent, jarring transition to 3rd person to play out the same canned, recycled takedown animations are gone.

FACE

Banned

And shooting people gave way less XP than ghosting.

d00d3n

Hmm the increased combat focus and talk of sets pieces worry me. Hopefully it's just bringing the actual shooting mechanics up to par. Given all the changes at edios I'm not sure it'll live up to hr which wasn't up to the original. Also really hope the frequent, jarring transition to 3rd person to play out the same canned, recycled takedown animations are gone.

I may be remembering this wrong, but weren't those animations at least partly situational? Like you took out an enemy close to a wall and it looked a bit different?

I may be remembering this wrong, but weren't those animations at least partly situational? Like you took out an enemy close to a wall and it looked a bit different?

I remember them all playing out basically the same. I hope if they keep takedowns they are able make them fully situational like other third person stealth games.

It was very frustrating in HR when an enemy walked next to you while in cover and there wasn't a contextual takedown, you had to leave cover and stand in front of them to do a takedown.

-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
Pour that sugar on me.

After Dragon Age and all them Ubiworlds, filler has become my nemesis.

Xenugears

Neo Member
This just bumped Metal Gear V as my most anticipated game. I would love for a current gen release of Human Revolution Director's Cut. I have to imagine that HR still holds up pretty well.

No it wasn't. I murked everyone including the civilians in the hubs and had the time of my life.
Pour that sugar on me.

After Dragon Age and all them Ubiworlds, filler has become my nemesis.

We're gonna catch diabetes

gavin if those are from the mag they may basically just be digital scans? i haven't seen the source so i'm not sure, and thanks of course, but you may want to double check...

GavinUK86

I don't think those are public Gavin. Might suggest removing them as they're considered scans...

Really?

If a mod has a problem then I'll remove them but it was ok back when the Assassin's Creed Rogue issue came out, hopefully it's still ok now.

I'll keep an eye out in case, thanks shinobi.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the pics Gavin. Is that guy from the last quoted picture Pritchard?

Also, new pilot? SCREW YOU, EIDOS MONTREAL. Faridah Malik or I'll go walking!

KorrZ

Everything sounds incredible. I love that they're adding more augments since that's something I always wanted from both HR and the original Deus Ex. More fun toys and options to play with is always welcome. I also really appreciate them specifically saying they want us to use these powers more liberally.

Salsa

vqzssb.PNG

so many retries back then and now this is canon

if you know what I mean

.. or maybe it's just cause of the new task force

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Don't worry, there will be plenty of time to experience the Faridah Malik cameo in paid DLC.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, there will be plenty of time to experience the Faridah Malik cameo in paid DLC.

You monster, stop giving the company who teased us with FF7 ideas!

Also, yeah, the new task force thing makes sense, but she better come back in the stand alone game!

Wallach

Is that last in-game shot supposed to be Pritchard?

Man, don't show me all this and tell me it releases next year... fuck.

GavinUK86

Thanks for the pics Gavin. Is that guy from the last quoted picture Pritchard?

Also, new pilot? SCREW YOU, EIDOS MONTREAL. Faridah Malik or I'll go walking!

Is that last in-game shot supposed to be Pritchard?

Man, don't show me all this and tell me it releases next year... fuck.

No it's not Pritchard, it's a guy called Talos Rucker who apparently was a humanitarian aid worker who became a bit of a pro-transhumanism symbol to the downtrodden. With him standing in an office he reminds me of David Sarif.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I know. If M
alik is canon dead, I'm going to be so pissed.

Yeah, God dammit, I didn't do this in a silent no kill for nothing!

No it's not Pritchard, it's a guy called Talos Rucker who apparently was a humanitarian aid worker who became a bit of a pro-transhumanism symbol to the downtrodden.

Yeah, I was wondering if they had just changed the character design a bit. Wonder if he'll come back.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No it's not Pritchard, it's a guy called Talos Rucker who apparently was a humanitarian aid worker who became a bit of a pro-transhumanism symbol to the downtrodden.
That's a damn nice character model for him. Characters seem to benefit most when cross gen is dropped.

Most of it sounds good, but:

-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided

This is literally the worst outcome for how they could have handled the ending to the first game.

Top Bottom