• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

ymgve

Yes, and it's not Steam's fault. Publishers choose release times. Blame Square.

Actually I think Valve encourages publishers to release at that specific time, probably because then Valve people are in their office and can handle stuff is anything goes wrong.

That sharpening filter... Ew
Not bad. Not bad. Loading times suck though.
Hope it can be turned off via ini files because no thanks.
You can turn it off in game on PC, thankfully. No ini tweaks needed.
Yes, and it's not Steam's fault. Publishers choose release times. Blame Square.

It is incredibly annoying that the game has an arbitrary release of half a day later on any platform. Especially when the Steam API / store front makes releasing games sooooo simple.
----
I am excited for this game! Just finishing up an HR playthrough as we speak whilst playing the OG Deus Ex at the same time. Awesome times ahead for immersive sims?

packy34

Actually I think Valve encourages publishers to release at that specific time, probably because then Valve people are in their office and can handle stuff is anything goes wrong.

That doesn't make sense. Tons of games release at midnight EST/PDT. It's just a setting/API call to allow download of the game and/or decryption of preloads. Not much can go wrong with that.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm loving it so far. I've put in around 6 hours and it's just a joy to play. Like it has been mentioned, it's like one sandbox with lots of attention to detail and the missions themselves favour quality over quantity, just how like it.

Prague is fun to explore so far and is pretty damn huge compared to the previous hubs in the series. My only gripe is that it doesn't give me that cyberpunk feel that I got from Detroit and Hengsha in Human Revolution but that's just minor for me.

Stealth feels as fun as you'd expect it to, lots of options and lots of ways to approach situations, nothing has changed there. It's only gotten better in that regard.

I'm still fairly early on but I'm very happy with it so far.

nOoblet16

I'm loving it so far. I've put in around 6 hours and it's just a joy to play. Like it has been mentioned, it's like one sandbox with lots of attention to detail and the missions themselves favour quality over quantity, just how like it.

Prague is fun to explore so far and is pretty damn huge compared to the previous hubs in the series. My only gripe is that it doesn't give me that cyberpunk feel that I got from Detroit and Hengsha in Human Revolution but that's just minor for me.

Stealth feels as fun as you'd expect it to, lots of options and lots of ways to approach situations, nothing has changed there. It's only gotten better in that regard.

I'm still fairly early on but I'm very happy with it so far.
This will change.

Lima

What should we do while waiting for this? I am on vacation currently, and I can't muster the concenration to do anything except waiting for the game and reading about it. I would like to go to sleep, but my circadian rhythm is kind of fucked up, so that is not possible. I am thinking about doing something completely brain dead like a reality TV marathon just to pass the time. Any other suggestions?

You played Deus Ex GO already yeah? If not do that. Perfect game to pass some time while waiting for this.

d00d3n

You can turn it off in game on PC, thankfully. No ini tweaks needed.

It is incredibly annoying that the game has an arbitrary release of half a day later on any platform. Especially when the Steam API / store front makes releasing games sooooo simple.
----
I am excited for this game! Just finishing up an HR playthrough as we speak whilst playing the OG Deus Ex at the same time. Awesome times ahead for immersive sims?

Anything more on the horizon than Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2 and Prey? That consortium sequel I guess?
lol, that is a lot compared with the baseline desert of immersive sim releases, I guess

XaosWolf

So this is seriously unlocking the EVENING of the release day. So not only did they skip a weekend release, they effectively missed the release day too.

Just fucking say 'Released on 24th August' instead and don't get peoples hopes up about being able to spend time with the game they bought.

Yes, I'm annoyed. This practice is utter bullshit.

nOoblet16

Anything more on the horizon than Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2 and Prey? That consortium sequel I guess?
lol, that is a lot compared with the baseline desert of immersive sim releases, I guess
System shock remake, and isn't there also a sequel in making?

d00d3n

You played Deus Ex GO already yeah? If not do that. Perfect game to pass some time while waiting for this.

Actually no. I am not much of a touchscreen gamer, but I guess it would be better than staring at a wall and waiting.

Copper Dreams is technically a cyberpunk CRPG but it's more of an immersive sim gameplay-wise, in how it's trying to simulate different aspects and offer a ton of gameplay options.
- An isometric 3d world, where every floor in every building can be seamlessly entered, from basement to rooftops
- Utilitarian black-market augmentations like chainsaw or harpoon arms, coiled legs, cloaking rigs, mobile scouting eyes
- Melee weapons and fully-customizable weapons, ranging from stocks and silencers to emp or incendiary rounds
- A deep complex stealth system that takes into account: line of sight and vision cones, noise, shadows, distance, height, crouching, cover, enemy patrols, distractions, hiding spots, last known position, alert levels, taking out lights and cameras, disabling/hacking security systems
- Turn-based combat with abstracted time (ie a thrown grenade takes time to travel its arc)
- Hands-off quest design revolving around intrigue and corporate espionage
- Day/night cycle and passage of time, which influences guard patrols, if you have time to rest, where a mission target will be, etc.
- A keyword-based dialogue system that dynamically creates queries based on information you know and items in your inventory
- Progression system that completely removes XP for actions, instead revolving around mission milestones, finding/buying better hardware, equipment, and cybernetics, and learning new skills from trainers
- A health system with no HP, instead using a combination of Lesser, Greater, and Mortal injuries (bullet graze, melted femur, pierced lung, etc.) that affect your stats, movement, and status of individual body parts
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206464279&postcount=86

My phone is being a useless shit. How many hours from now is the steam release? I'm picking up a physical pc steelbook in about an hour but fearing I may not get to play until Wednesday.

Shy

Btw last level is pretty sick in this game, many different things can happen depending on what you do and did.
Hi.

I have a quick question (if you've finished the game) for you if you don't mind.

I love the Human Revolution, however i hated the Mass Effect style multiple choice button ending. (i think it completely undercut the natural dialogue style system the game had up until that point.) and kind of retroactively spoiled the game for me.

This game doesn't have anything like that does it. ?

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: If anyone else who has finished the game also could tell, i'd really appreciate it.

nOoblet16

Hi.

I have a quick question (if you've finished the game) for you if you don't mind.

I love the Human Revolution, however i hated the Mass Effect style multiple choice button ending. (i think it completely undercut the natural dialogue style system the game had up until that point.) and kind of retroactively spoiled the game for me.

This game doesn't have anything like that does it. ?

Thank you for your time.
No it doesn't...the ending you get in last level depends on how you play that level and also a couple of decisions you make earlier in the game. Which is why it's pretty damn good.

Lima

Uh what the fuck Microsoft and Square? I just got home and got the popup about telling me that I'm too early, go check the store.

I do that and it says this item will be released on 10/19/2016 6am.

1446260698532jlp28.jpg

d00d3n

Do we get more tools than PEPS, stun gun, tranq rifle and takedowns for non-lethal attacks? An upgradeable tranq pistol/crossbow?

Shy

No it doesn't...the ending you get in last level depends on how you play that level and also a couple of decisions you make earlier in the game. Which is why it's pretty damn good.
OK. Thank you very much for getting back to me so promptly.

Sorry to bother you again. (i know this question will be harder to answer, as you don't know me)

If i liked HR up until the ending, do you think i'd like this game. ?

nOoblet16

Do we get more tools than PEPS, stun gun, tranq rifle and takedowns for non-lethal attacks? An upgradeable tranq pistol/crossbow?
Tesla charge, gas grenades, Charged Icarus Dash which feels like biotic charge from Mass Effect. That's plenty. I don't think the game has crossbow, the nanoblade fills that role..but it's lethal.

OK. Thank you very much for getting back to me so promptly.

Sorry to bother you again. (i know this question will be harder to answer, as you don't know me)

If i liked HR up until the ending, do you think i'd like this game. ?
Yes...easily.
Not even a question. It is everything HR was and more.

Deadbeat

Banned
And boy howdy do they respond fast when there's an issue.

Freeman76

Game is top notch so far. Been playing for around 3 hours, just left apartment building after scouring the place from top to toe. The attention to detail is mindblowing

Tesla charge, gas grenades, Charged Icarus Dash which feels like biotic charge from Mass Effect. That's plenty. I don't think the game has crossbow, the nanoblade fills that role..but it's lethal.

Yes...easily.
Not even a question. It is everything HR was and more.

Vanguard was my most favorite class in ME2 and ME3. This sounds amazing, tell me more.

I'm so turning Adam Jensen into Vanguard Shepard.

nOoblet16

Vanguard was my most favorite class in ME2 and ME3. This sounds amazing, tell me more.

I'm so turning Adam Jensen into Vanguard Shepard.
You can knock multiple opponents with it, and uncharged Icarus dash basically let's you make a quick omini directional dash to avoid enemy. But the charged version (separate upgrade) let's you cover gaps, reach higher ground and knock enemies ofcourse.

Top Bottom