• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

SomTervo

I actually welcome the news on all endings being non-canon now. Hopefully whatever hybrid they come up with will actually be decent. The whole HR finale was so rushed it seriously soured my experience with the game.

Agree with this. None of the endings were great. Opposite to the original.

lucius

Day1 for me, I thought Deus Ex:HR was a bit underrated, dat soundtrack so good. I hope early 2016 but probably not, no need to rush I guess with tons of games coming. Don't think I am going to stop playing Bloodborne until Witcher 3, then comes Batman and so many.

berzeli

Banned
Sweeeeeeeet. I really enjoyed Human Revolution even if it had some flaws so I'm really looking forward to this.

Speculation with regards to the ending of Human Revolution and how that could explain the absence of upgrades from Human Revolution in Mankind Divided:

If they are indeed making the underwater explosion the cannon ending it would give quite a handy way to explain how Jensen doesn't have any augs from the previous game (i.e. they got destroyed in the explosion).

GavinUK86

XS5LK.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm not particularly fussed about then making a mishmash canon ending to Human Revolution. I had no particular attachment to any of them and didn't expect decisions to carry on to a new game. Whatever is written as the ending is written, and that's the template for the new story.

I'm not particularly fussed about then making a mishmash canon ending to Human Revolution. I had no particular attachment to any of them and didn't expect decisions to carry on to a new game. Whatever is written as the ending is written, and that's the template for the new story.

After all, it's not like this is the first time it's been done in the franchise.

vakarian32

Ohhh shit, was not expecting this. Fuck yeah!

I'm actually half way through my second playthrough of DXHR right now, decided to give the Directors Cut a go this time on PC, still a great game and amazing soundtrack.

Daeda

Yeah, all of the endings of DXHR were too extreme to really justify a sequel.

I interviewed David Anfossi quite a few times back when DXHR was coming out (and I was still a game reporter) and we discussed hypothetical sequels back then and how they would be limited by the fact that we already know that in the end, everything leads to the original Deus Ex.

From what I recall, they have constructed a bible of sorts that details the entire history between HR and DX. He even mentioned specific events and such. I'm assuming they're gonna stick to that version of the future and have then multiple endings simply revolve around the morality or something. In any case, endings have always been the weak point of the DX multi choice approach imo. The original games had some decent options, but other than that they've al been too extreme.

This has probably already been brought up but one of the screenshots is the same location as the reveal image for Eidos Montreal's Dawn Engine:

Those shots are damn impressive. PBR is a game changer

That is one of the fakest looking pasted together photoshop layer jobs in the bunch.

I liked Jenson. Sadly, his entire world was destroyed. There are like two people that he interacted with that are still alive.

If you have to build an entirely new cast of characters around Jenson and explain why he would give a shit about them after losing everything else, last time, why not have a new character?

Why not give us Denton's older brother? Let us see how he got started? Or even someone completely new that happened to be involved in some plot that arose after Jenson's ex-wife went on to destroy the world for science. But before the events of the first game.

All these guys are doing with this lack of creativity is making it easier to ignore current gaming and just play the old stuff. The only new thing that they can offer people in AAA is shiner graphics and most of the companies are too lazy to even deliver that.

I may end up selling my ps4. This entire gen outside of Nintendo is turning into a scam. Hopefully Nintendo will get backed into finally delivering a gimmick free console next time. If not, the ps4 will be my last console.

Simo

I bought the Augmented Edition on day 1 for 360 and played up until Hong Kong. Then real life stuff got in the way like work at that time and I never had time to go back to it. It still haunts my backlog. :(

Should I resume where I left off or double dip for the Director's Cut on 360?

Solid Raiden

Neo Member
I am so hyped for this! Human Revolution was one of my favorite games of last gen and its success likely means a larger budget for its sequel which should go a long way in fixing some of its problems. Can't wait!

Calling it now: Jensen's working for Interpol, but they're secretly controlled by the Illuminati. At the end of the game, they'll turn into, or be subsumed by, UNATCO.

GavinUK86

Calling it now: Jensen's working for Interpol, but they're secretly controlled by the Illuminati. At the end of the game, they'll turn into, or be subsumed by, UNATCO.

That seem obvious.

Judging by how they want to make this a franchise, they're not going to connect it to Deus Ex 1 just yet.

That seem obvious.

Judging by how they want to make this a franchise, they're not going to connect it to Deus Ex 1 just yet.
Well, it was implied in The Missing Link that Interpol wasn't controlled by the Illuminati. Quinn is fighting the Illuminati, and he helps you send evidence of their activities to Interpol. And I doubt that Jensen would work for any group that he knew was controlled by the Illuminati. Avoiding manipulation and influence was the second-largest theme of Human Revolution.

That seem obvious.

Yeah I bet we get at least 1 more game after this with Jensen. They are already investing in the character. It would make sense to give him a trilogy

Id have finished this on PS3 but I kept failing at stealth. I need to finish it because I enjoyed it, but I feel the PS3 is too old/not optimized well enough for me to go back.

Never finished DX:HR even though I bought it when it first came out...I was very impressed with what I've played of it (10 hours or so), but other games just came along and took priority. I think I'll plan to wrap up HR later this year, perhaps after I'm done with The Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight.

oh shit world premier footage huh

OH SHIT RIGHT NOW HUH

okay that was pretty sweet

Jensen is downright pissed

He's like a cyborg Rambo now

So, based on the trailer:
PEPS is now an aug.
Invisibility is back.
Arm-swords can now be launched.
Some kind of temporary armor aug.

Oh, and Eliza's back. They're going to turn her into Morpheus, right?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
"download the trailer music!"

WHERE

"preorder now"

I can't find the Steam page.

Crap, only caught the very tail end of the trailer....will wait for the Youtube version.

The Armor Lock / Shield ability looked cool in the trailer, hope it looks that good in game.

BigDes

I liked Jenson. Sadly, his entire world was destroyed. There are like two people that he interacted with that are still alive.

If you have to build an entirely new cast of characters around Jenson and explain why he would give a shit about them after losing everything else, last time, why not have a new character?

Why not give us Denton's older brother? Let us see how he got started? Or even someone completely new that happened to be involved in some plot that arose after Jenson's ex-wife went on to destroy the world for science. But before the events of the first game.

All these guys are doing with this lack of creativity is making it easier to ignore current gaming and just play the old stuff. The only new thing that they can offer people in AAA is shiner graphics and most of the companies are too lazy to even deliver that.

I may end up selling my ps4. This entire gen outside of Nintendo is turning into a scam. Hopefully Nintendo will get backed into finally delivering a gimmick free console next time. If not, the ps4 will be my last console.

Well this is one hell of a reaction

Top Bottom