• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

FLD

But... but
Jensen died at the end of HR!

Seriously though, glad it turned out to be a proper sequel rather than a remaster or unwanted spin-off. Hopefully they expand on the RPG mechanics rather than simplify them.

Guess I should get around to playing the Director's Cut soon. Should be fun, unlike the original I only ever played Human Revolution the one time, back when it first came out.

Red Hood

Banned
STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS!!!!!

Which HR ending will be canon? I'm so glad Jensen is back!

I'd say the ending where
Adam tells the world what happened in Panchaea (Bill Taggart ending) and a lot of people will rebel against augmentations
. Seems to fit the subtitle "Mankind Divided" rather well.

Snwaters

I am so happy to hear this. Glad Jensen is back. But some of the details are strange: how are none of HR's endings canonical?

...This better not be a Invisible War thing where all the endings are kind of fused into one new ending.

Xater

Hopefully it will be as good if not better than Human Revolution. While not exactly the same team, the Thief game was enough to make me worry.

Enkidu

So this "leak" is suggesting none of HR endings are canon? I call bullshit. The name and the shots might be legit but some of the details don't make any sense.
They tried making all the endings canon last time so I guess messing around like this is just Deus Ex tradition at this point.

Loris146

kid-nightclub.gif

I think bringing Jensen back makes a lot of sense.

Eidos' games tend to be very character driven.

Tomb Raider: Lara Croft, Hitman: Agent 47, Just Cause: Rico, Thief: Garrett

I love that Jensen's back but I don't want him to be the next Lara Croft.

I want him to team up with JC two or three games down the road and then bite the dust.

Trago

Because Deus Ex is about stealth-based gameplay?

No. It's about choice! The role and decisions are filled by the player. If you want stealth gameplay, go stealth, if you wanna shoot shit up, then have at it!

That's one of the main pillars of Deus Ex.

Them leaning heavily in one direction would ruin the game.

Red Hood

Banned
I am so happy to hear this. Glad Jensen is back. But some of the details are strange: how are none of HR's endings canonical?

...This better not be a Invisible War thing where all the endings are kind of fused into one new ending.

I think
Bill Taggart's
ending will be canon, or at least the most logically seeing Mankind Divided's premise.

KHlover

Banned
Is it a full AAA action RPG like HR?

This kinda looks like a shooter.....

72d9488e-a461-470e-afb1-09c30fcd4424.jpg

This image sums up how the majority of my encounters in Deus Ex: Human Rvolution went and that was decidedly not just a shooter -> Don't think we can answer this question based on the provided screenshots just yet.

Crumbtiny

Man, I really hope this a follow up to HR and not a mobile thing or just a mod.

Loved me some HR. Makes me want to go back and play it again actually.

Makareu

Waiting for gameplay details and real ingame images (even better a video) before breathing again. But so far so good.

I am not sure how I feel about Jensen coming back, but as long as Deus Ex lives I understand Eidos willing to build on the success of HR.

KKRT00

Seriously now, this looks like it is using CryEngine 3.

Doesnt look like CryEngine to me.

---

The explosion screen looks like typical Crytek PR shot though :)

Good that they are copying Crysis weapon customization, it should be in every shooter, its really good.

Damerman

YES!!! more cyberpunk noir will never be rescinded.

I hope the writing in this game is as elaborate as it was in HR. I can't wait for this game.

Are those in engine shots? I can't tell if they are or if they're concept art, either way FUCK YES.

They look like concept shots made in Photoshop with assets. Pay close attention to the lighting. The lighting looks really off. The Dawn engine shot that Nirolak put out is how it will really look.

So what's Deus Ex Universe then? Still working on the mmo?

Also Eidos messed up Thief, so despite Human Revolution being one of my favorite games ever, I'm cautious.

Want to see some actual gameplay footage to know if it's full shooter or just better shooter combat on top of the RPG and stealth stuff, but I think it's really interesting that they've gone with a Crysis on the fly weapon customization system.

Top Bottom