• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More like this

Are you still using 2 3GB 580s? If so, while they probably have enough grunt to run new releases acceptably, in terms of VRAM you'd have to be feeling the pinch at this point (I have a 980 and at 1680x1050, FXAA and otherwise max settings Unity uses around 3.5GB, for example).

Nzyme32

For reference this is how the game looked on PC at max settings :
deus-ex-human-revolution-pc-screens02.jpg

Huuuuge step up graphically.

I think you have a pretty sad knee jerk reaction there. We don't even know the size of the maps being rendered, how detailed / how many objects / enemies / NPCs etc are in any one area. There is so much unknown that it is pointless to go off on this tangent right now

Will it still have

- Only one hacking minigame for everything
- No skills
- No melee combat besides a "takedown" that requires energy
- No locational damage/injuries
- No way of doing anything without augs (hack a computer, open a locked door, punch a guy in the face, etc...)
- No toilet reflections

I don't have much hope for this game.
I would wait for E3 in a couple months if I were you.

oldboss

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

DE:HR was my longest gaming streak : 17 hours straight, no toilet.

I'm shaking already.

I just hope to god that battery recharging extends to more than one battery in this one. Having to hoard energy bars was hilarious, but it was retardedly limiting once you got a lot of good augs.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
GET HYPE!

Please tell me Michael McCann returns as the composer.

Human Revolution's OST was incredible.

Is not the first image just the old released 'in-engine' shot with some art photoshopped on it? The framing of these shots is not professional quality, and the crysis one surely the most obvious indicator of a fake.

Impossible to perspective shift that much. The OP should have mentioned this, but this is all likely connected to the Square Enix 3 day stream that has been going on.

No way this is unofficial. They've been teasing this for a while. As for photoshop like looks, that's just because they are marketing images, and probably are photoshopped, doesn't mean it isn't an actual announcement.

As for the information that was translated (by Google, so there are obviously errors/strange parts), I'd say that the bit about the 4 endings is actually trying to say that "no ending is not canon" and Google translate is confusing that double negative. A little disappointing that they are doing another Invisible War style "EVERYTHING IS CANON" thing, but I have faith they can pull it off a bit better than Ion Storm did. For one thing, the endings weren't nearly anywhere close to as different from each other as the original Deus Ex's were, so a combination canon ending is fine.

Disappointed that Jensen is the protagonist though, I think he could have worked best as an important mid-to-late game NPC to act as a foil for the protagonist based on their choices, but whatever.

All I need confirmed are more than 3 hubs (HR had 2, but 3 is the least that is acceptable IMO), and bigger areas within those hubs. I'd like to have a lot more active augmentations, rather than just general stat upgrades, but making the game less cramped compared to the original Deus Ex is more important for me.

It's funny how many people are paranoid about this being an MMO or something despite many denials of such claims. That and the fact everyone is exclaiming "It's a shooter, NOOOOO!" is pretty funny. Guess what? Companies advertise their game to appeal to as many people as possible, just because they want to show off shooter mechanics (even if one is a pretty obvious "stealth"/cover shot that is very similar to HR's stealth/cover system) does not mean they are in any way abandoning multiple approach gameplay.

Terra_Ex

Cautiously optimistic, I enjoyed HR aside from the craptastic ending(s) so I can't say I'm too cut up about them being tossed aside.

Mupod

I just kind of mindlessly clicked on this thread without thinking about it and it took my brain a second to catch up, oh shit

RPGCrazied

Didn't get to play the first one much, but I'd be a bit more interested if it wasn't first person and was 3rd person instead.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Jensen again? Nothing against him but I wanted a new protag.

EDIT: No Malik? Son of a bitch!

I'm SO glad the suicide ending from HR was ditched. I always thought it was stupid, even though I know there are others actually argued that it 'made sense'.

sorry the wiki says he was born in 1993 and HR takes place in 2027 so he was 34 years old....

so in Mankind Divided, he is probably in his 40s i assume...

Glass

Original Deus Ex is my GOAT. Human Revolution was damn good. Amazing visuals. Story wasn't as compelling in the end but had cool ideas.

Those are unashamedly bullshots though. Hype levels are real though.

I'm surprised people are generally happy about Jensen returning. Thought with how HR ended and with every game having a new protagonist everyone would be up in arms about it. Personally I'm stoked. I'm just surprised everyone else agrees with me.

Vibranium

Banned
Hell Yes! Finally something to get excited about again!

What ending will they use if none of the 4 are canon from Human Revolution lol? There is no way this is a prequel.

What if Jensen killed everyone on the island (fufilling the ending option of leaving choice to humanity) but he somehow survived the blast? You never know lol.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Holy Fuck! Yes Jesus. The return of Adam Jensen, the best protagonist of recent years! The graphics look sick and I know the gameplay will turn out fine

Jigorath

Banned
what were you expecting? A puzzle game? Basketball game? Dating sim?

A stealth/shooter/RPG hybrid. Human Revolution was in no way a straight shooter. Now I'm not saying this game will be a straight FPS, there's no reason to think that yet, but your comment didn't make much sense.

Top Bottom