• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

What is deus ex? Like is it shooter or what? I always wanted to get the one for Wii U heard it was good... but what genre does it fall under?

Shooter. Sandbox. RPG. Cyberpunk Thriller.

Quite possible to Complete the games without firing a single shot, and talkng your way out of every situation. (Including the Final bosses.)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/49738

Just buy it already! (Play DX 1 first, but Skip Invisible War. And The Fall, which is a crappy mobile game ported to PC lol)

Iziyi

Neo Member
Not a fan of the main character, very definition of trying too hard. It's like they never got the memo the 90's ended, and the Matrix-esque black trenchcoat gettup is a major fashion faux pas in 2015, but maybe they'd argue it comes back in style by 2030...

Wears shades all the time, smokes, wears all black. God it's so bad.

Voice actor was very weak as well, his voice is so husky and had no edge or charisma. They just get it wrong all over the place.

100% agreed.

Adam Jensen was just not very interesting as a person. To be frank, he lacked personality, had a poor back-story, and his voice and dialogue was just plain old generic.

JC Denton on the other hand, despite the game being more than a decade old now, had a far more interesting personality, his voice felt very natural, and he was genuinely likable and believable as a real human being. He had charisma. The writing and voice acting for Denton was far superior to Jensen hands down.

Galileo

Neo Member
She's great. I recommend to everyone to play HR:DC with the commentary on.
Preach it! the devs seemed really down-to-earth people and clearly genuine fans of the original game.
Also, I liked them being frank about the limits of their game, some of which were the result of the crappy engine they were forced to use. (and they even mentioned how they would completely rework character progression too, which would be a massive improvement over HR)

Wolfie5

Yes! So glad this got announced, HR was a great game. Was hoping for a new Deus Ex E3 announcement... Looks like E3 started early this year :)

chozen

Holy crap a lot of people don't know what type of game it is, FPS/TPS/RPG/STEALTH With a deep story and a cyberpunk world well executed. Go out and play Deus Ex Human Revolution right now and if it clicks you will understand.

Human Revolution was good, but it wasn't no Deus Ex 1.

Let's hope they make this one the definitive one.

You and me both. But it's got a big stack against it already: console versions of the game.
Not a limitation in hardware (not anymore), but in gameplay, input and targeted demographics? Expect HR at best.

I'm not sure I understand. What do these screenshots have to do with the decision to dig into the first game or not?

Might get into the hype with the current DE community if I play it and like it this time around, seeing as the fourth main game might very well be around the corner.

GavinUK86

100% agreed.

Adam Jensen was just not very interesting as a person. To be frank, he lacked personality, had a poor back-story, and his voice and dialogue was just plain old generic.

JC Denton on the other hand, despite the game being more than a decade old now, had a far more interesting personality, his voice felt very natural, and he was genuinely likable and believable as a real human being. He had charisma. The writing and voice acting for Denton was far superior to Jensen hands down.

I'm guessing you didn't do much exploring or snooping around.

Mooreberg

The first time in ages they've had a cover story worth hyping up, and I saw little to no mention of this ahead of time. Human Revolution was terrific. Cannot wait to see what they do with this.

Lingitiz

I am so so glad that they didn't pull a Triad Wars with this franchise, and that they have seemingly given it a lengthy development cycle. Deus Ex HR was one of my favorite games of the last gen and if they can expand the suite of gameplay options and create a game that is more consistent from top to bottom, I'm sure I'll love this.

purdobol

What is deus ex? Like is it shooter or what? I always wanted to get the one for Wii U heard it was good... but what genre does it fall under?

First person perspective RPG with strong emphasis on non linear approach to set objectives. Set in cyberpunk world where big corporations fight for every penny and oppress the masses. With awesome music in the background that sets the mood perfectly. All sorts of gadgets, good storyline. Many philosophical questions of what makes humans human and so much more...

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
This doesn't look that much more advanced than The Order 1866. I think it's a reasonable assumption to say this would be possible in five years.

Are you talking about the CGI trailer? Because I'm referring to that.

And really, no PC in five years it's going to be able to do in real-time what render farms are doing in hours (unless we uncover some super-tech meanwhile lol).

Sure, maybe without raytraced lightning, without physical simulations for everything and with lots of smokes and mirrors (actually, without any of those :p) we could have something that kinda looks like it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Awesome, that really came out of nowhere. Loved Human Revolution, played through it maybe 5 times. Can't wait to play it!

dr_rus

Sooooooo
2016 right? Then Delayed for 2017
Gotta keep that hype down :p

That would mean that they've spent 6 years developing this. I'm hoping for 2016.

And can Game Informer fix their servers already please? I mean what's the point in having something exclusive if your website gives a error 500 all the time and nobody can see this?

Kinyou

Sooooooo

mugatu-so-hot-right-n8suw0.jpg

"Delaying your game is so hot right now"

Red Hood

Banned

It's a shooter.

And a stealth game.

And a talking sim.

And everything you want it to be.

But in all seriousness, Deus Ex is all about player freedom in taking charge of certain objectives how you see fit. Talk your way through, sneak around hidden pathways or leave a bloody trail behind. All packed in a very convincing and stunning world with lots of great lore building and an interesting story.

Mooreberg

Sooooooo
Back half of 2016 seems reasonable for something that was just announced. I don't know if Thief was made by another team inside Eidos Montreal or not, but that would give them five years between games.

Is this online only DX game still happening or did they axe that? What they're doing with Sleeping Dogs looks ultra stupid, so I'm glad we are getting a proper sequel here.

Can't believe so many people like McCann's music. Brandon and van den Bos or bust.
Oh, good, I'm not the only one who thought Human Revolution's soundtrack to be thoroughly bland in comparison to the first Deus Ex's.

Still, I think those guys will have their hands full with Unreal Tournament 4, so

This plague. The rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.
Why contain it?

S'cool!

(Old men! Warning! Warning!)

Red Hood

Banned
Back half of 2016 seems reasonable for something that was just announced. I don't know if Thief was made by another team inside Eidos Montreal or not, but that would give them five years between games.

Is this online only DX game still happening or did they axe that? What they're doing with Sleeping Dogs looks ultra stupid, so I'm glad we are getting a proper sequel here.

You mean Deus Ex: Universe? As far as I've been able to read, Universe was never going to be an MMO of some sorts. It was just one name of the collective Deus Ex lore and products they're going to create for this gen, which Mankind Divided is a part of.

injurai

Banned

I let go a huge sigh of relief that I hadn't realized I was holding. You can never be sure with Square these days.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Told you guys he will be back (and I am betting Frances is in this too!) :D! I am very glad to see him in this gen debut in all finest glory. I can't wait.

Mooreberg

You mean Deus Ex: Universe? As far as I've been able to read, Universe was never going to be an MMO of some sorts. It was just one name of the collective Deus Ex lore and products they're going to create for this gen, which Mankind Divided is a part of.
Oh OK. Thanks for the clarification. :)

I let go a huge sigh of relief that I hadn't realized I was holding. You can never be sure with Square these days.
Yeah, I've come to expect worse from Square Enix lately.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of the main character, very definition of trying too hard. It's like they never got the memo the 90's ended, and the Matrix-esque black trenchcoat gettup is a major fashion faux pas in 2015, but maybe they'd argue it comes back in style by 2030...

Wears shades all the time, smokes, wears all black. God it's so bad.

Voice actor was very weak as well, his voice is so husky and had no edge or charisma. They just get it wrong all over the place.
Normally I'd totally agree, but somehow it works with Jensen. It's corny as hell, yes, and I love it.

Lautaro

It's not personal. It's not like a major character judgment, it's just similar to the reaction I'd have if you thought dyeing your hair green and wearing a purple suit was a good idea.

You seem too interested in judging people for their tastes.

Red Hood

Banned
Oh, good, I'm not the only one who thought Human Revolution's soundtrack to be thoroughly bland in comparison to the first Deus Ex's.

Deus Ex 1 had the better melodic soundtrack, Deus Ex HR had the better atmospheric soundtrack. Calling the latter "thoroughly bland" is very, very exaggerated and, though subjectively, it couldn't be any further away from the truth.

Damerman

100% agreed.

kevin-gif.gif

WTF(i literally said this out loud)

JC denton? natural voice?

you are overdosing on nostalgia right now... find some chill.

Top Bottom