• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

ugoo18

O my god the Game Informer trailer got me so excited, I am SO GLAD everyone from the DXHR dev team is back. I'm hyped as fuck, haha!

Any news on McMann?

Where are people viewing this trailer?

Says the video has been taken down for me.

1428435040-deus-ex-mankind-divided-screen-1.jpg

What is going on with her shoes? Lol but the game looks amazing so far.

DOWN

Banned
Who do people insist on posting screenshots of Human Revolution that makes the game look terrible?

It had some pretty nice graphics. In fact it had great graphics.

It did not have great graphics. It came out the same year as Crysis 2, Rage, Uncharted 3, and Arkham City, and looked very dated next to those. In motion, it especially is disjointed, with Jensen having very floaty first person movement, and environments being quite flat in appearance due to a lack of effects and limited parallax.

It's been my go-to example of immediately dated graphics since it released. I'm surprised you can't see how flat everything looks in the second picture, and I have seen that third one referred to as modded.

These new bullshots don't even look cutting edge. Looks worse in color and lighting than Battlefield 4 single player.

What is going on with her shoes? Lol but the game looks amazing so far.
It looks like another satisfied owner of customized Sarif Industries Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis. Move with the grace, precision, and power only afforded by the most advanced technology ever conceived. How it works: The prosthesis replaces your cumbersome organic limbs with a casing of lightweight polymers that protect an interior of myomers (electro-stimulated cables), allowing you to run faster, jump higher, and move without making a sound. While not as agile or quiet as Tai Yong Medical's mechanical leg augmentations, Sarif Industries bladed model provides superior top speed. Don't make the same mistake as Fedorova in choosing Tai Yong Medical for your leg prosthesis needs. Trust the augmentations that Adam Jensen trusts. Trust in Sarif Industries.

Kvik

Wondering about that helicopter girl, Malik I think was her name.

Saving her ass better be worth it.

I think she secretly wants Jensen now.

Also, this news could have brought GAF Classic down, but these days it stands firm :)

Practicing for the furry convention.

Oh. Oh no. Nooooooppeee.

Similar concept to Yelena from DXHR:

True! Forgot about her mecha-legs.

It looks like another satisfied owner of customized Sarif Industries Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis. Move with the grace, precision, and power only afforded by the most advanced technology ever conceived. How it works: The prosthesis replaces your cumbersome organic limbs with a casing of lightweight polymers that protect an interior of myomers (electro-stimulated cables), allowing you to run faster, jump higher, and move without making a sound. While not as agile or quiet as Tai Yong Medical's mechanical leg augmentations, Sarif Industries bladed model provides superior top speed. Don't make the same mistake as Fedorova in choosing Tai Yong Medical for your leg prosthesis needs. Trust the augmentations that Adam Jensen trusts. Trust in Sarif Industries.

/dead

Velurian

Well, almost everything they have shared about the game so has a positive ring about it. Been burned too many times to even consider pre-order but day 2-3, once reviews are out and we know there are no surprises why not. Really looking forward to it.

God I hope they give some more graphics options this time around. Not a big fan of the amber filter...

This looks pretty good.
I thought Adam died at the end of Human Revolution though? Maybe I'm getting my endings mixed up.
I'm looking forward to this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wonder if the game is far enough along that when they show gameplay for the first time they won't need to fake it :p

Yoshi88

Just realized: I hope Pritchard will be back somehow. His arguments with Jensen were awesome on both sides and I thought they really built an interesting relationship over the course of the first game.

Of course, Malik and Megan should be in, too. Now that I'm thinking,.. as much as I'm looking forward to new characters, I really really like HRs characters. Even years after. A cameo of Sarif or Eilza would be awesome.

Men
If they can make a good mp component that they're proud of then I'd love to play it.
I dunno why dudes reject the thought of it.
People's attitudes about multiplayer have nothing to do with their sex; I have no idea what you're on about. But if you regularly spout this kind of weird, projecting, borderline-sexist shit, then I can see why you're a junior.

dhonk

Similar concept to Yelena from DXHR:

Image makes me remember, man why did they spend so much time on the design of these "antagonists" that they give almost NO time to develop.

The first was genius with its treatment of Anna Navarre and Gunther Hermann.

I sure hope they make up for this!

Holy shit, what epic news to wake up to. Going to reinstall Human Revolution for yet another playthrough. I just hope they don't change how the game feels too much, I was never a fan of the previous games but Human Revolution just felt right to me.

FINALLY.

HR is probably one of my three favorites games of the last generation. I love, love, love every piece of it, the piss filter specially <3. I am just hoping Square doesnt fuck it up with an attempt to "broad" its appeal.

Also, rooting for Michael McCann to compose the soundtrack again. He did an awesome job.

Red Hood

Banned
I absolutely LOVED DX:HR, it's my favourite game of last generation and Mankind Divided may very well surpass it if it keeps the good things and improve a few things I didn't particularly like. I've played the original Deus Ex only AFTER I played DX:HR and even though I preferred HR (first love of the series), I still think it's not perfect:

- The "energy bar" for take-downs was dumb.
- Perhaps a little too hand-holding compared to DX1, even when disabling Object Highlights, Objective Locators and Cover/Takedown Prompts.
- It didn't seem to have a lot of those choice and consequences like the original (or at least not without a lot of impact, besides the
"upgrade" chip
).
- Compared to the rest of its brilliance, DX:HR had rather sub-par facial animations (the original too, so it's probably "just Deus Ex-ish").
- Vanilla boss fights were absolutely shit-tier in comparison.

Though when all is said and done, I still prefer HR to the original, but if DX:MD is going to look at DX1 and HR for inspiration and improve their respective flaws, I might very well have my game of the generation here.

What would you like to see changed?

Good thing he was extraordinarily voiced in other languages, German for example. One of the few story heavy games I preferred to play localized. God I'm so happy, Jensen is back!

Yeah! VA was pretty good in the Spanish version as well, surprisingly. It's usually terrible. The localization work in general was great.

PS: Yessss Jenseeeen, Deus Ex HR2 yisssss. .

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is going to be 2017, isn't it?

*sobbing*

Shit, that's early.

Not sure if a jab at FFXV or you're serious... D:

Dig at Human Revolution :p. When the game was first demoed to press the AI wasn't functioning. They'd walk patrols but never respond to the player. So the team fake played a stealth playthrough, having to time it with the patrols so it looked legitimate.

Just rewatched the Human Revolution reveal trailer again , one of the best ever reveal trailers , despite none of it being in game.

Deus ex : human revolution is one of my favorite games ever , i am so glad the rumors about being mmo/f2p e.t.c were not true.

This also gives me hope about just cause 3, hitman, and all the other square properties.

DirtyCase

I have been waiting for this announcement for a long time coming. Every time SE would set up an ARG or three day reveal I would get excited hoping it was deus ex, until it was revealed that It was some shitty mobile game.

Now I am happy camper, this is really happening and hopefully will fix a lot of the issues with HR, graphical and game play wise

zogged

If none of the endings from HR are gonna be cannon how are they gonna go about tying the two together? Are they just gonna retcon the whole ending segment? Cause if I'm remembering that game correctly that would mean rendering a whole lot of the game's plot meaningless.

Top Bottom