• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

bengraven

1428435040-deus-ex-mankind-divided-screen-2.jpg

Oh yeah, fucking LIE TO ME, Square. Lie to me like I'm your boyfriend and you're really cheating on me but you're bad, you're so bad, and I can't break up with you because you look fine as fuck with your black and gold and bronze and gun textures: so goddamn sexy. You're so full of bullshot, but it's so damn hot that I let you back in. I'll make you some coffee you crazy girl.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh yeah, fucking LIE TO ME, Square. Lie to me like I'm your boyfriend and you're really cheating on me but you're bad, you're so bad, and I can't break up with you because you look fine as fuck with your black and gold and bronze and gun textures: so goddamn sexy. You're so full of bullshot, but it's so damn hot that I let you back in. I'll make you some coffee you crazy girl.

Oh my...

The trailers are always so violent, but in the first game I just knocked everyone out, and that's what I'll do here, too.

(Well, except for that scene in the first one where you rescue the helicopter pilot. Straight-up murdered everyone. :-\)

I was all set for the no kill till that. Had to save the waifu, no matter the cost.

I have no regrets.

this

And this

I really hate how Jensen looks on that magazine cover, he also looks weird on the boxart.

I also hate this pose of his

Dang it he's turning into one of those characters where i'm going to be picky about his looks.

SlickVic

Not directly related, but the trailer got me excited to fire up Human Revolution again. Then I realized I never bought the Director's Cut. I remember it was supposed to be a $5 upgrade for those who had the original game and DLC on Steam, but the discount doesn't seem to activate when I put the game in my cart. Did they get rid of the upgrade offer or is it tucked away somewhere else?

Not directly related, but the trailer got me excited to fire up Human Revolution again. Then I realized I never bought the Director's Cut. I remember it was supposed to be a $5 upgrade for those who had the original game and DLC on Steam, but the discount doesn't seem to activate when I put the game in my cart. Did they get rid of the upgrade offer or is it tucked away somewhere else?

I'm still trying to figure out how I got Director's Cut because I never purchased it. =\

SlickVic

I'm still trying to figure out how I got Director's Cut because I never purchased it. =\

Maybe from a Humble Bundle?

Anyways, looks like they completely removed the original HR release from the Steam storefront, as there's no option to look for a DLC page that might've had the upgrade available. Oh well, it's a PC game published by Square. The Director's Cut will probably be $5 on sale sometime in the next month (though it would seem smarter to do so sooner rather than later to capitalize on the hype from the trailer).

Has anyone got the dumb Deus ex universe app to scan the triangle...cant get it to work. It just scans and scans and scans...want to see more unlocks like art and stuff.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone got the dumb Deus ex universe app to scan the triangle...cant get it to work. It just scans and scans and scans...want to see more unlocks like art and stuff.
Still no luck on my end either.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

We've all been there man.

can we say all the events of Deus Ex... from HR to the original..all the evil was caused by one man and one man alone

latest

Hugh Darrow created human augmentation... He created Panchaea

He is probably the most intelligent person in the Deus Ex universe at this time..and yet he was ultimately naive about his creations...

GavinUK86

Somewhat relevant, I'm replaying the original for the hundredth time and I've encountered a bug I've not had before. Everytime I bring up a menu, be it the inventory or mission log, the game hangs for 5/6 seconds. Really, really annoying. Anyone else ever had this? Already using the kentie launcher. Tried DX9/10 and OGL.

Kvik

Maybe from a Humble Bundle?

Anyways, looks like they completely removed the original HR release from the Steam storefront, as there's no option to look for a DLC page that might've had the upgrade available. Oh well, it's a PC game published by Square. The Director's Cut will probably be $5 on sale sometime in the next month (though it would seem smarter to do so sooner rather than later to capitalize on the hype from the trailer).

My biggest issue with DXHR DC was that they never fix the outstanding issues:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/

I wouldn't recommend playing the director's cut, personally.

LeonSPBR

Watched the trailer a dozen time already. Can't stop watching it, Elias voice is so fucking amazing (wish to see him in more games) and I hope that in Mankind Divided Eliza will play a bigger role as Adam mole in the Illuminati or something. Loved her in the first game and I wish to see more of her.

foxtrot3d

Banned
can we say all the events of Deus Ex... from HR to the original..all the evil was caused by one man and one man alone

Hugh Darrow created human augmentation... He created Panchaea

He is probably the most intelligent person in the Deus Ex universe at this time..and yet he was ultimately naive about his creations...

I wouldn't say he was naive, I always liked that deep down he was just really spiteful. He was all about furthering the reach of mankind and pushing human evolution until he realized that he could not join humanity into the new era. Screw him and his anti-augmentation message. I always send out Sarif's message.

I wouldn't say he was naive, I always liked that deep down he was just really spiteful. He was all about furthering the reach of mankind and pushing human evolution until he realized that he could not join humanity into the new era. Screw him and his anti-augmentation message. I always send out Sarif's message.

do you think he created human augmentation so others could enjoy it, knowing that he can't

or was it..he created augmentation...and then later finds out he is incompatible..and gets jealous that everyone is enjoying and profiting off of his creation..

i argued yesterday that it was the latter, but someone said it could be the former..so what do you think?

foxtrot3d

Banned
do you think he created human augmentation so others could enjoy it, knowing that he can't

or was it..he created augmentation...and then later finds out he is incompatible..and gets jealous that everyone is enjoying and profiting off of his creation..

i argued yesterday that it was the latter, but someone said it could be the former..so what do you think?

The latter. I think when you have that final conversation with him at the end of the game it's clear he created augmentation so that he, along with humanity, could benefit. When he realized later he could not I think it broke him, most likely not right away but after watching so many other "surpass" him.

The latter. I think when you have that final conversation with him at the end of the game it's clear he created augmentation so that he, along with humanity, could benefit. When he realized later he could not I think it broke him, most likely not right away but after watching so many other "surpass" him.

makes sense..especially seeing people get rich off of his creation..

although darrow was pretty wealthy too

but your right..that it probably destroyed him that he was incompatible

Still no luck on my end either.
I actually managed to get it to work yesterday; I used a friend's phone, as it has a better camera. I think the trick is that you have to line it up so that the lighter triangle is on the actual outer triangle, and the thicker triangle is on the outside of the small triangles inside.

Ok that explanation sounds terrible. In short, outer lighter triangle on the phone should line up with the actual big black triangle in the picture (here's a link if you need it http://i.imgur.com/vavZPo3.png)

:( I don't want to purchase a PS2 or Xbox 360 just to play DE: HR so I might have to resort to watching Let's Play since my laptop can't handle this game. Damn. Well I really want to know the story badly and I'm willing to play it even after viewing it if ever given the chance but it doesn't seem like that will happen unless they port.

Vinc

:( I don't want to purchase a PS2 or Xbox 360 just to play DE: HR so I might have to resort to watching Let's Play since my laptop can't handle this game. Damn. Well I really want to know the story badly and I'm willing to play it even after viewing it if ever given the chance but it doesn't seem like that will happen unless they port.

PS Now?

PnCIa

Does anyone know if the same writers that worked on HR are on board? Because HR had some of the best, most natural dialoges in gaming.

PS Now will allow me to play it on my PS4? Is it on PS Now and do you know how much it is to rent it?

Edit: Looked at the stiff. $6 for a week of gameplay, I might have to pick this up during the summer. That is a good deal and I just want to play it once to understand the lore and gameplay. Wow PS Now is actually useful.

foxtrot3d

Banned
PS Now will allow me to play it on my PS4? Is it on PS Now and do you know how much it is to rent it?

Edit: Looked at the stiff. $6 for a week of gameplay, I might have to pick this up during the summer. That is a good deal and I just want to play it once to understand the lore and gameplay. Wow PS Now is actually useful.

You should also check out the original Dues Ex, one of the greatest games ever made.

Does anyone know if the same writers that worked on HR are on board? Because HR had some of the best, most natural dialoges in gaming.
I don't know about the rest of the writing team, but Mary Demarle, the lead writer on Human Revolution, is returning for Mankind Divided.

Nice! I'm ready for more Adam Jensen!
I hope it'll come to Linux

Feral Interactive on Facebook:
"Mac and Linux gamers have already started jamming requests for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided into THE REQUESTINATOR, but please note that the machine can only consider your request if you first say it outloud in your gruffest Adam Jensen voice."

Don't do it! The best thing about Human Revolution is finding your own solutions to all of the situations in the game. A Let's Play will show you the game but you'd be missing out on what makes it so special.

I'll be amazed if Square doesn't announce a current gen remaster of this game, seeing as they've already released remasters for Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs.

Ushay

Oh lawd, think we have our first casualty over here.

ricki42

Feral Interactive on Facebook:
"Mac and Linux gamers have already started jamming requests for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided into THE REQUESTINATOR, but please note that the machine can only consider your request if you first say it outloud in your gruffest Adam Jensen voice."

Not getting my hopes up, I read that as they would like to do it, but nothing more. On gamingonlinux.com they commented "Nope! We promise, if we have any Linux plans for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided we'll tell you with words, not with THE REQUESTINATOR." and then "THE REQUESTINATOR is no place for tellings. It's the machine we use to gather porting requests. We'll put DXHR for Linux in there for you, and if it gets processed it'll make a special combination of whirring and clickity-clackety sounds."
But then again, Feral seems to like teasing people, so who knows what any of this means.
Either way, my PS4 is ready. Would double-dip if there is a Linux version.

Great music But after watching the trailer it does seem to be just like HR. I loved HR and Jensen was awesome but I kind think it'd make more sense to have a different character.

dropkix

Neo Member
The trailer looks impressive,
I'm pleased that the yellow filter is gone.
Optional boss fights is good news too.

Graphics look pretty flashy and impressive, no complaints.

I'm really concerned about the quality and sophistication of the story, though.
Concerned about the characters too... DXHR set the bar pretty high, I hope MD will be as detailed and satisfying.

Yeah the real time shots were got don't look all that hot but i'm good with it.

I mean they look good for sure, but no top of the line for consoles or anything.

Are these real time shots though?

If so, then I find these particular ones super impressive. Maybe I'm just not used to seeing Deus Ex so much in the day time.

Top Bottom