• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

They must be really confident for early reviews. I mean I never doubted this game. The last one was great and everything from this one looked fantastic so far.

Dahaka

GAMBLING BLINDBUY now for 30?

The previous game had bad graphics but the music, tone and progressing through the story were great. You never know though for new installments

200.gif

I can still remember the delay from February like it was yesterday. This game really snuck up for me and went for the no alerts achievement. Excited as hell for it.

Wagram

I hope the main story is improved. Finished up Human Revolution recently and while I highly enjoyed the stealth and side quest stories; the main story was really meh. Could be really great if they can improve on that.

CHC

Definitely expect it to review really well but share the same flaws as its predecessor (moments of limited choice, schlocky hamfisted writing, obvious routes in level design rather than organic and convincing locations).

Don't get me wrong though I played like 100 hours of Human Revolution before I got tired of it so I'm still in for this either way.

Newman96

Seemingly a good sign they're confident with how it will do. Seriously hyped for this personally although does anyone else feel like this game is going under the radar a bit?

Chozo_Lord

I first discovered deus ex: hr by it being free on ps+ for ps3. I got hooked and ended up platinum-ing it. I already pre-ordered MD and will probably buy the season pass once more details about it arise. That makes me wonder how beneficial to developers it can be to put games for free on ps+ once they stop making significant money on it. It can get people hooked and willing to pay full price for the sequel.

Gojeran

Already locked in and ready to go but reviews before launch tend to be a good sign of quality so this is exciting news. So close now.

BumRush

I've stayed away to avoid spoilers...does anyone know if the XP system is insanely shifted towards stealth / non-lethal like HR was? Has anything like that been discussed already?

Coxy100

Banned
I asked for reviews before the launch of a game.

Really optimistic. If this turns out to be awesome then they will persuade me to get the collectors edition even at the outrageous price of £100...

Mifec

I've stayed away to avoid spoilers...does anyone know if the XP system is insanely shifted towards stealth / non-lethal like HR was? Has anything like that been discussed already?

They said they changed it so lethal is viable. We'll see if it's true.

Window

Wonder if they'll go down the more insane route from the original with things like aliens. I hope the conspiracy stories unfold through more than just emails this time (and that hacking XP rewards have been adjusted).

sueil

Your early reviews should be finalized within the week I've already discussed the matter with the publisher. I take it they were agreeable? They didn't really have a choice. They made GOTY? Oh Yes most certainly.

Good, good. I've had high hopes since the sequel was announced. Human Revolution was really amazing and surpassed my expectations. Aside from the typical announcement and E3 trailers I've managed to stay in the dark so far.

Kazuhira

i think i'll preorder it,not sure about the season pass though.
edit:any details about the season pass? i can only find a vague description on steam.

vypek

I'm debating whether or not to pre-order this game. Currently, I'm in the middle of a playthrough of Human Revolution and just ran into a part that really hurt my enjoyment of the game to the point I almost wanted to quit on the game. But recently found out that its just part of the director's cut because the DLC was placed in there. Might wait a little bit on this one.

Any gameplay videos of the game being played well? Watched the Giantbomb preview when it went up and the poor dude playing didn't do too well. Probably because he wasn't used to talking and playing at the same time, like he said himself.

dreamfall

So excited about this one! Love that the reviews are hitting a bit early, they seem really confident about it. Dabbling back into Human Revolution to just get super hyped!

Whompa02

The real debate I'm having with myself is if I should upgrade my PC and preorder the PC version or just get the PS4 version and eventually double dip when I can upgrade the PC to a good spec

The real debate I'm having with myself is if I should upgrade my PC and preorder the PC version or just get the PS4 version and eventually double dip when I can upgrade the PC to a good spec

The PS4 version does look pretty damn solid from what I've seen of it. They are using a modified version of Hitman's Glacier engine, which runs and looks pretty damn good on consoles.

Quonny

four days before launch lol they just want us to forget about the bad review scores before we buy it

nice try

Are they reviewing the Day 1 patch version or not?

Fuck yes. It was one of the best games of last gen.

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

Gif for if that day 1 patch comment means what I think it does ;) If not, I'd imagine that the patch will be done by the time reviewers get their hands on it. Also, hell yeah one of the best games of last gen! My number one, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom