• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait. I went to replay HR a few weeks ago but jesus, i forgot how clunky and awkward the cover and controls can be, and it takes so long to get going.

Decided to just wait for this instead, hopefully they've tweaked it a bit.

Simo

The game is coming already?! Where's the hype?

Burnt out from the NMS hype? lol Hell I posted on the last page about a store selling copies of the PS4 and Xbox One version in the UK with no takers or mentions.

I'm sure the launch trailer and all that will kick off the release push marketing plus with the reviews dropping next week and the app game Deus Ex GO next week.

Ashtar

Burnt out from the NMS hype? lol Hell I posted on the last page about a store selling copies of the PS4 and Xbox One version in the UK with no takers or mentions.

I'm sure the launch trailer and all that will kick off the release push marketing plus with the reviews dropping next week and the app game Deus Ex GO next week.
Whaaaaat people playing early again!? Day one digital ppl burnt again!!!
Edit: when reviews start dropping and it gets a bunch of 9s people will start paying more attention for now I doubt they want to get caught up in nms hype

Simo

Whaaaaat people playing early again!? Day one digital ppl burnt again!!!
Edit: when reviews start dropping and it gets a bunch of 9s people will start paying more attention for now I doubt they want to get caught up in nms hype

Yup. lol Someone on my friend's list was playing last night. Shared the menu pic and some details on the menu options. There's a day 1 patch but they didn't download it because it would take too long and they wanted to dig into the game.

Then today I found a London based store is selling copies. lol

lifa-cobex

Yup. lol Someone on my friend's list was playing last night. Shared the menu pic and some details on the menu options. There's a day 1 patch but they didn't download it because it would take too long and they wanted to dig into the game.

Did your mate say if it ran ok or had any issues?

mjc

I'd rather not make a new thread, so I'll ask here: Should I play the original version of HR or go with the Director's Cut? I wanna get caught up for MD.

lifa-cobex

I'd rather not make a new thread, so I'll ask here: Should I play the original version of HR or go with the Director's Cut? I wanna get caught up for MD.

The DC adds the dlc, making of content, NG+, small extra tweeks to the game and the in game color isn't as bright and glaring.

So I would probably go for that if the price is right.

Simo

CEX would be my first guess..

Nope.

Did your mate say if it ran ok or had any issues?

I didn't really ask. He's not a friend as such but just someone who is a member in one of the PS4 communities so I just friended him to ask about the patch and some details based on the menu pic. lol

Director's Cut. The DC gives you more options for the bosses which in the original version kind of screws you over if you haven't upgraded yourself to be more combat focused. The new tweaks don't fix the issue obviously but it helps.

That and you get the New Game+, graphics upgraded slightly and the DLC is integrated into the main game so you won't actually know it's the DLC. lol

Hixx

Take it the store is independent and not something I could find up north?

Ah, my age old dilemma - Xbox One or PC... my PC is aging, GTX 670, i5 2320, but it still frequently keeps up with, or outperforms, Xbox and PS4 ports.

Any advice on the topic?

Simo

Take it the store is independent and not something I could find up north?

Yeah it's an independent store. I asked them online if I "preorder" today do I get the game today or should i call for an answer. I got told to call. lol

For the record I live in the US but I was just trying to dig and find some info for any fellow gaffers who might be London based that could secure a copy and hopefully post some impressions and whatnot.

I like how Eidos and Square literally created their own hype train...lol
13923792_1036399109746770_3747275462738250581_o.jpg

13958090_1036399116413436_8672527095945361_o.jpg

13958094_1036399163080098_8653186370235526316_o.jpg

13963084_1036399183080096_7463513186780698622_o.jpg

Ah, my age old dilemma - Xbox One or PC... my PC is aging, GTX 670, i5 2320, but it still frequently keeps up with, or outperforms, Xbox and PS4 ports.

Any advice on the topic?
There are almost guaranteed to be reviews that were done on the PC versions so there'll be some good indication as to the quality of the port before release.

Also, you can purchase on steam and get a refund if you don't like it/ it doesn't run well.

Simo

The figure coming with the collector edition looks cool. SE Play Arts has come a long way.

If the CE had come with a new Adam Jensen Play Arts figure from Mankind Divided I would of kept my preorder and justified the price. lol As such it's just a small statue and not really worth the extra $90 or so.

MechaX

I remember I got Human Revolution randomly on the same day my imported copy of Xenoblade came in right after a summer job and before school for that semester started.

Let's just say it was really high fucking praise to be like "I could play more Xenoblade right now, but I really want to play more Deus Ex."

HR was a real surprise for me, and if Mankind Divided is at least as good as that, I am golden.

Simo

Someone is streaming the PS4 version on the Live from Playstation app.

...holy shit, the rest of that bomb scene. o_O

"I never asked for this" Difficulty option. lol out

EDIT: Found the link to the stream. PM if ya want it.

Simo

Holy shit..yeah if you've never played Human Revolution, don't worry about it. When you play the game for the first time there's a LENGTHY recap video that goes through the whole game. lol

Holy shit..yeah if you've never played Human Revolution, don't worry about it. When you play the game for the first time there's a LENGTHY recap video that goes through the whole game. lol

Jesus this recap video is like 15-20 minutes long. lol
Yeah I remember them mentioning this at E3. I appreciate it, never played the other games. Really excited for this game though

Simo

Yeah I remember them mentioning this at E3. I appreciate it, never played the other games. Really excited for this game though

Recap will be perfect then. It literally covers everything from Human Revolution including the DLC. Very thorough.

ktroopa

great to know this, as i never finished HR. how does it run on PS4 - locked 30fps?

komplanen

My most anticipated game of the year and I got it for 37 euros on Green Man Gaming. Man sometimes PC gaming just feels so good compared to console gaming.

*crosses fingers Nixxes doesn't fuck it up*

Someone is streaming the PS4 version on the Live from Playstation app.

...holy shit, the rest of that bomb scene. o_O

"I never asked for this" Difficulty option. lol out

EDIT: Found the link to the stream. PM if ya want it.

holy shit as in good? i've stayed out of a lot of preview footage for this game :p

Simo

great to know this, as i never finished HR. how does it run on PS4 - locked 30fps?

Looks like a pretty stable 30fps but I just started it from the beginning. Others here are watching it so they can chime in too, hopefully someone is able to record or capture the stream before it gets cracked down on. lol

Outfits option in the menu. You can change your armor and trench coat. lol

so they go with one of the endings as this game's canon then?

Looks like a pretty stable 30fps but I just started it from the beginning. Others here are watching it so they can chime in too, hopefully someone is able to record or capture the stream before it gets cracked down on. lol

Outfits option in the menu. You can change your armor and trench coat. lol
Hey, is the trench cost the same from Human Revolution, and is it preorder only?

Simo

Wow. Another great opening title sequence. That music tho...=O

Hey, is the trench cost the same from Human Revolution, and is it preorder only?

No it looks like the trench coat from Human Revolution is day one edition only, so like every copy lol, but the streamer can't redeem his codes because...well he got the game 10 days early. lol

so they go with one of the endings as this game's canon then?

No they don't use any of the endings. lol The canon part is basically
The Aug incident is triggered so thousands, millions of deaths occur. Jensen shuts down the signal but will humanity ever trust augs or human enhancement again and what will be the Illuminati's next move be.

I have to say the production values for this game, to me anyway, look top notch. The shit that happens after the tutorial level that we've seen leading to a scene that I guess ties to
the original Deus Ex
but sets up the rest of the narrative for the game was great.

Simo

Bummed to hear that the trench coat isn't available to everyone.

Unless you plan on getting MD a considerable amount of time after release, you should be ok. All copies of the game on release comes with the Covert Agent pack which includes the 3 outfit changes.

Oh shit Adam catching up with a old friend
Sarif.
So it looks like the end of Human Revolution had
Panchea collapsing and being destroyed with Sarif barely surviving and Jensen being presumed dead for a year. So I guess it did go with one of the endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom