• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seems like PC review copies are out there also;
uOyHckg.jpg

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/765471072988893184

:O

Yeesss.

Slixshot

Banned
NVidia released new drivers in preperation of Deus Ex: MD

Ver. 372.54

Changelog:
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games.
Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal experience for No Man’s Sky, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Obduction, F1 2016, and the Open Beta for Paragon

Gaming Technology
Supports the new GeForce GTX 10-series GPUs powering the ultimate gaming notebooks

Link: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/105851

munroe

Just pre-purchased with GMG, £29.99, can't wait. Really interested in reading the new novel, enjoyed the last one, Icarus Effect

Drewfonse

Fuck reviews.

Just preordered digitally for PS4. I normally don't buy digital, but the wait is rough, and this strangely takes the edge off of it for me, haha

Drewfonse

I know that I just said fuck reviews, but hey, we're close enough to release for some annoying metacritic average predictions.

Moff

I know that I just said fuck reviews, but hey, we're close enough to release for some annoying metacritic average predictions.

that seems low, Human Revolution has a metacritic of 90, and I expect this to be a lot better.

but since it's only a sequel I guess it will be around 90 as well

have they changed up the hacking in this one or is it the same?

gonna go stealth/mostly non lethal/hacking for my first play. i gotta.

Simo

What happened to the guy who was streaming it a few days ago? Any updated impressions from him?

The English dude in the cave? Lol he never posted any more videos or streams and was on YouTube.

Pretty much the same but they have tweaked it.

Window

The hacking game is the same as before I think but with 3D icons instead.

Really hope hacking is a bit less emphasised this time around. I hacked everything (despite having the code) in the previous game. They need to hide story secrets behind some obstacles other than hacking.

Kaizer

Banned

As far as hacking terminals - it's got a fresh look that's for sure, & it definitely seems like it's been more enhanced than Human Revolution, but the general idea of hacking nodes from one point to an end point is still the same.

Of course, there's also some new forms of light hacking they've shown off as well.

Acheteedo

that seems low, Human Revolution has a metacritic of 90, and I expect this to be a lot better.

but since it's only a sequel I guess it will be around 90 as well

The scale has changed since the first game. 90+ metacritics are rarer, but not because games are worse, the collective review scale has changed slowly over time.

Horns

The hacking looks similar to HR. The only difference I've noticed are the paths between nodes are harder to see until you start activating them. Whereas in HR the nodes were always bright and you could see the path you would need to take.

I have a really tough predicament. On Aug 23rd my mother is coming to stay for the week, and the guest room is also the computer room!!

Do I get this on Xbox One instead?
Do I move the PC in to the living-room?

Don't know what to do!

So I've been p purposely avoiding videos on Mankind Divided but I watched some videos and I'm pretty excited for this. I platinumed Human Revolution and that was a great game. Hopefully this is even better!

ekim

Im ready for this game to be trash like HR.

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "the game is trash!" and "It's nothing like DeusEx 1!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing Human Revolution around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives.
This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful dystopia that has been generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them.
We Human Revolution fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow Augs, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that Human Revolution is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience.
Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid.
I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally minuscule that you have to make others feel less-than-augmented-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole.
I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks.
Uninstall No Mans Sky, start up Human Revolution, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first boss fight and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

PMS341

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "the game is trash!" and "It's nothing like DeusEx 1!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing Human Revolution around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives.
This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful dystopia that has been generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them.
We Human Revolution fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow Augs, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that Human Revolution is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience.
Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid.
I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally minuscule that you have to make others feel less-than-augmented-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole.
I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks.
Uninstall No Mans Sky, start up Human Revolution, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first boss fight and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

Man, I looked this post up on Google to see if it was copy pasta, and well... I'm kind of concerned that it isn't. :p

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your Reddit link just now. Jesus.

Deus Ex (the original) is in my Top 5 games of all time. While I enjoyed the gameplay and story (up until a certain point, unfortunately) of HR, it is missing a certain quality that the first game had - and frankly, it just wasn't as smart.

I've been on a media blackout for the new game, and while I'm always excited to revisit the series, I suppose I'm confused on story quite a bit. I know the canon ending of HR won't match the choice I made (self-sacrifice), but I'm curious how much gap they're going to try and fill before catching up to the story of the first.

ekim

Man, I looked this post up on Google to see if it was copy pasta, and well... I'm kind of concerned that it isn't. :p

Deus Ex (the original) is in my Top 5 games of all time. While I enjoyed the gameplay and story (up until a certain point, unfortunately) of HR, it is missing a certain quality that the first game had - and frankly, it just wasn't as smart.

I've been on a media blackout for the new game, and while I'm always excited to revisit the series, I suppose I'm confused on story quite a bit. I know the canon ending of HR won't match the choice I made (self-sacrifice), but I'm curious how much gap they're going to try and fill before catching up to the story of the first.

lol. It's copy/paste with some minor changes ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4xah0t/to_the_no_mans_sky_haters/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom