• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushay

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "the game is trash!" and "It's nothing like DeusEx 1!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing Human Revolution around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives.
This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful dystopia that has been generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them.
We Human Revolution fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow Augs, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that Human Revolution is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience.
Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid.
I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally minuscule that you have to make others feel less-than-augmented-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole.
I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks.
Uninstall No Mans Sky, start up Human Revolution, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first boss fight and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

Give this man a medal.

malfcn

Im ready for this game to be trash like HR.

Thanks-For-Stopping-By.png

Rodin

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "the game is trash!" and "It's nothing like DeusEx 1!" and other slurs I dare not mention.

Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing Human Revolution around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives.
This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful dystopia that has been generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them.
We Human Revolution fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow Augs, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that Human Revolution is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience.
Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid.
I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally minuscule that you have to make others feel less-than-augmented-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole.
I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks.
Uninstall No Mans Sky, start up Human Revolution, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first boss fight and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

Lmao
10/10
that's actually not the best deal.
What's the best deal?

Caode

Crazy to think that this is out next week - most anticipated game in awhile, oddly enough I think I'm looking forward to the score alone more than anything else. Managed to snag it for €37 for the PS4, which is just absurdly good for a new release.

Nzyme32

And now I'm listening to the OST again. God damn I love Deus Ex soundtracks.

Based Vangelis set the perfect tone for all cyberpunk settings, and it makes it impossible to imagine any other style of music for these types of media, Deus Ex games nail it perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyG6YMLEWus How good is Icarus?

Stopping myself before I start posting NY Streets and Hong Kong and never finish.

EDIT: I lied, but c'mon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgIE6Pb_MFE 1:10 is like the most perfect moment in anything.

Yeah Vangelis really nailed the whole futuristic / cyberpunk sound. I think Deus Ex HR does really well, but it isn't something I massively enthralled with. I think that's because it doesn't really have as much character and variability. OG Deus Ex is amazing for that kind of thing. Couple of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkWtFIZtRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uquHXZwRKM

Seems like PC review copies are out there also;
uOyHckg.jpg

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/765471072988893184

:O

Yeesss.

That's all the reviews I need, tbh. If TB likes it, we're good.

YESSSSS YESSSSSS YESSSSSS!!!!!

10/10. I'd be surprised if this is ever topped. I swear I got chills for YEARS every time after watching this trailer and he says "I'll never stop looking."

I'd wait to see what he says than jump at that single comment. Having said that, if any game is to get a good PC version that is well catered towards, it should be a Deus Ex game, especially with such a strong legacy going back to the original

These are good deals, but I was hoping to wait until reviews dropped. Do they tend to stick around, or are they likely to go away soon?

Also: how are there such big discounts before the game has even released? Seems a bit fishy...

These are good deals, but I was hoping to wait until reviews dropped. Do they tend to stick around, or are they likely to go away soon?

Also: how are there such big discounts before the game has even released? Seems a bit fishy...

It's kind of becoming the norm, lately. Each vendor wants to have the lowest price so they can sell the most keys.

Nzyme32

As someone still rocking a gtx680, is it best to pick this game up on PS4 or go with PC?

Not that this will be very useful to you and your question, but I never think about buying games in this way. I simply look at the product and what I am getting. This is why when I was stuck with a shite laptop, I still got the PC version of MGSV, knowing that the version would scale to the new hardware I knew I'd buy within the year.

If you only care about the here and now and are happy overall spending any amount, I'd take a guess (on the wild assumption the rest of your machine is as old as the gtx680 since you gave no info) that the PS4 will perform / look better at launch. If you have the intention of changing some hardware later or the rest of your machine is more competent, I'd just get the PC version.

Better still - wait till they come out and work out what is going on when there is actual information to use

PC market is competitive but also the margins are better, only having to pay the dev / pub for the keys with no cuts taken from anyone else / platform holder (even Valve). There are some dodgy places though. GreenManGaming is actually legitimate, and is an authorised seller of keys from several publishers. They choose to eat into their own profit per sale to stay competitive. Meanwhile there are more "grey" market places like CDKeys. They are not authorised resellers but simply buy either from retail copies / keys from other countries without region restrictions, where prices are cheaper. Then there are the proper grey market key sellers that actually use stolen cards and other methods to get games cheap and undercut everyone else - eg G2A

Zukkoyaki

I had kind of forgotten about this game after the delay. Strange considering HR was one of my absolute favorites from last generation. Now that we're only a week away, my anticipation and hype are rising at exponential levels. I fully expect this to be amazing. I'm particularly excited for Breach mode.

KorrZ

I'm getting really hyped for this. No Man's Sky has been a good distraction, but it's been awhile since I've really sunk my teeth into a new game and there's nothing better than Deus Ex for that.

Human Revolution was one of those very rare (for me) games where I immediately fired up a new game after completing it. Hopefully this game has the same pull.

Seems like I will be receiving a review code for Deus Ex Mankind Divided on PC.

According to the press release I can't release any information about the game until the embargo is lifted. Though if you have any questions about the game I'll gladly answer as many of them as I can

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I'm getting really hyped for this. No Man's Sky has been a good distraction, but it's been awhile since I've really sunk my teeth into a new game and there's nothing better than Deus Ex for that.

Human Revolution was one of those very rare (for me) games where I immediately fired up a new game after completing it. Hopefully this game has the same pull.

Same here. I think Dark Souls 3 was the last new game I got really into, and No Man's Sky was a huge disappointment, so this will be just the second (and possibly final) new release that I really get into this year.

I really don't go in for big AAA releases much any more but Deus Ex is my jam. Going to do the same thing I did with Human Revolution, block off some time, get my snacks ready, and get fully immersed.

Tacitus_

I'd wait to see what he says than jump at that single comment. Having said that, if any game is to get a good PC version that is well catered towards, it should be a Deus Ex game, especially with such a strong legacy going back to the original

TB's tastes and mine align pretty heavily and he's a massive Deus Ex fan. If he says that it is a viable GOTY contender, I don't need anything more.

Nzyme32

TB's tastes and mine align pretty heavily and he's a massive Deus Ex fan. If he says that it is a viable GOTY contender, I don't need anything more.

I don't read the comment as "I've played it and it is a worthy game of the year contender". I instead read it as a response to what the previous person stated "Deus Ex has yet to come out, I wouldn't call Doom goty just yet", without the connotation of "he must have played it and loves it.

Even as a huge Deus Ex fan, I'll wait on more concrete opinions. We all know how Deus Ex IW went :p

I haven't heard anything negative from let's players, who have the game since a week or two now, and journalists.

This is coming out in a very good moment. Also, it's not that expensive on PC when you buy it from key sites.

GeoramA

Hype is definitely intensifying the closer it gets. I'm starting to remember how fun it was messing around in HR's hubs.

Evo X

Just ordered the Deluxe Edition with Season Pass on GMG!

Can't wait. I loved both the original and HR. This might be my most anticipated game of the year.

S1kkZ

i have to wait for the digital foundry analysis.

human revolution ran poorly on consoles, the directors cut was even worse and the ps4 gameplay footage from mankind divided (gamersyde) has stutter and framerate issues.

Simo

i have to wait for the digital foundry analysis.

human revolution ran poorly on consoles, the directors cut was even worse and the ps4 gameplay footage from mankind divided (gamersyde) has stutter and framerate issues.

Framerate looked stable in the leaked copy that got streamed and we saw nearly 7-8 hours worth of footage. Also the lip-sync wasn't so out of sync as bad as it was in Blim's videos either.

Worth noting though there is a day one patch to download.

Oh, looks like the OST might be getting a vinyl release too.

Not that this will be very useful to you and your question, but I never think about buying games in this way. I simply look at the product and what I am getting. This is why when I was stuck with a shite laptop, I still got the PC version of MGSV, knowing that the version would scale to the new hardware I knew I'd buy within the year.

If you only care about the here and now and are happy overall spending any amount, I'd take a guess (on the wild assumption the rest of your machine is as old as the gtx680 since you gave no info) that the PS4 will perform / look better at launch. If you have the intention of changing some hardware later or the rest of your machine is more competent, I'd just get the PC version.

Better still - wait till they come out and work out what is going on when there is actual information to use

PC market is competitive but also the margins are better, only having to pay the dev / pub for the keys with no cuts taken from anyone else / platform holder (even Valve). There are some dodgy places though. GreenManGaming is actually legitimate, and is an authorised seller of keys from several publishers. They choose to eat into their own profit per sale to stay competitive. Meanwhile there are more "grey" market places like CDKeys. They are not authorised resellers but simply buy either from retail copies / keys from other countries without region restrictions, where prices are cheaper. Then there are the proper grey market key sellers that actually use stolen cards and other methods to get games cheap and undercut everyone else - eg G2A

I'm rocking a GTX 680 4gb and I7 3770k. Been meaning to upgrade but tis a tough life being a student. Especially now that I'm doing a second 5 year degree!

But yeah what you said makes sense. Will be looking to invest in a capable gaming laptop now with the news of Nvidia's 10 series cards. So I will be ordering this on PC! :)

Any good deals about?

I love the recaps. Played the game 6 or so times and somehow missed that Van Brugen
was the hacker responsible for mind hacking the Aug who ended up killing himself at the Sarif facility.

There's something about the story of HR that I always found reaaaallly hard to follow. The first playthrough, I hardly could tell you what's going on aside from a few key plot points. It wasn't until playthrough two when things started to come together for me.

It's like, I can remember these details in the moment, but as soon as it moves onto the next lead, I sort of forget the details of what the previous missions were. Anyone else experience that with this game? Just HR in particular, I had a really hard time keeping up with the story, and only feel comfortable with it now because of how many times I've played it... lol.

From watching the recap, I remember pretty much everything, but I would have died trying to tell you the events of the story beforehand, outside of the main big things. It's just a lot of leads and a lot of characters and a lot of corporations and a lot of movements and a lot of motivations and a lot of viewpoints. I wouldn't have it any other way really, that depth is part of what makes the Dues Ex world so compelling, but damn I had a hard time keeping up.

pahamrick

Odd numbered? Do you mean even?
1. Original
2. Invisible war
3. Human revolution
4. The fall
5. Mankind divided

1. Original
2. Invisible War
3. Human Revolution
4. The Fall
5. Go
6. Mankind Divided

Let's hope MD bucks the trend for even numbered entries.

1. Original
2. Invisible War
3. Human Revolution
4. The Fall
5. Go
6. Mankind Divided

Let's hope MD bucks the trend for even numbered entries.

Go is like, a minigame spinoff though.

The Fall was a serious attempt at a mainline game on mobile.

MD is odd-numbered.

Regginator

Yep I got one earlier today, so far I'm enjoying it but I can't go into detail about the game until Friday.

On PC? Can you say how it runs? Also, please tell me if we can customize most, if not all, of the HUD? I really want to disable the intrusive mini-map :(

Simo

from Gamersyde videos, the framerate doesn't looks that hot on PS4, any PC footage out there ?

PC footage right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVD7ksvxgP0

Someone streamed the final PS4 version that some of us saw and it ran at mostly stable rate of 30fps. I say mostly because the stream wasn't that great of quality so it was hard to get a definitive answer.

So how long are we expecting this to be?

Also, what are the secondary modes?

Probably the usual 40 hours or so? I don't think they've commented on the length but again we saw the streamer play for nearly 8 hours and all he did was the tutorial mission and first city hub with a couple of side quests in that amount of time.

The game does also have the Breach mode too.

EDIT: Xbox One version with all the HUD options turned off.
rNabglM.png

HUD Options screen on Xbox. Courtesy of DX Reddit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom