• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the usual 40 hours or so? I don't think they've commented on the length but again we saw the streamer play for nearly 8 hours and all he did was the tutorial mission and first city hub with a couple of side quests in that amount of time.

The game does also have the Breach mode too.

Is there anything else? Like DLC stories?

Also, the last one is listed at about 21 hours.

Simo

The Main Menu theme was always a favorite making it one of my GOAT title screens. I'd just leave it there with the triangle tiles falling listening to the music. lol
Main Menu Theme

Is there anything else? Like DLC stories?

Also, the last one is listed at about 21 hours.

There's a season pass so they've obviously got some plans for DLC and you get an extra mission to play in Day One copies.

I mean DXHR may of been listed at about 21 hours but I put in twice amount with even touching New Game+ with Mankind Divided also has.

Regginator

EDIT: Xbox One version with all the HUD options turned off.
rNabglM.png

HUD Options screen on Xbox. Courtesy of DX Reddit:

I assume radar is the mini-map?

PRAISE THE LORD. it seems like you can disable pretty much everything. Awesome news!

quick edit: Oh shit, that screen is actually gameplay?? Fuck, it looks so beautiful, so slick. GOTY 2016 right there. I'm gonna disable every HUD thing out there. I asked for this!

Simo

I assume radar is the mini-map?

PRAISE THE LORD. it seems like you can disable pretty much everything. Awesome news!

quick edit: Oh shit, that screen is actually gameplay?? Fuck, it looks so beautiful, so slick. GOTY 2016 right there. I'm gonna disable every HUD thing out there. I asked for this!

Yeah and it's from the Xbox One version too. Guy on reddit says it's a locked 30fps mostly with a bit of tearing mostly during cutscenes when you have control?

EDIT: Someone playing also said they've hidden those triangle QC codes that you can scan with your phone using the app to unlock bonus content.

And now I'm listening to the OST again. God damn I love Deus Ex soundtracks.

Based Vangelis set the perfect tone for all cyberpunk settings, and it makes it impossible to imagine any other style of music for these types of media, Deus Ex games nail it perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyG6YMLEWus How good is Icarus?

Stopping myself before I start posting NY Streets and Hong Kong and never finish.

EDIT: I lied, but c'mon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgIE6Pb_MFE 1:10 is like the most perfect moment in anything.

Not that I think you're wrong (the soundtrack is really nice, so thanks for the recommendation) but the HR soundtrack owes a lot more to Tron Legacy (and Daft Punk) than Vangelis.

There's a season pass so they've obviously got some plans for DLC and you get an extra mission to play in Day One copies.

I mean DXHR may of been listed at about 21 hours but I put in twice amount with even touching New Game+ with Mankind Divided also has.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what that was. I'm sure you could put a lot of time into Human Revolution. I did as well, and came just shy of beating it before getting sidetracked. I've been meaning to go back.

I remember a big battle in an open construction yard, where a highrise would be being built. Near a parking garage or something. Don't know how much I had left.

Profanity

Yeah 21 hours is insane. I distinctly remember clocking about 55 hours on my first playthrough - accessing every computer, reading every tablet and email, exploring every tiny nook. Absolutely can't wait to do it again.

Simo

Not that I think you're wrong (the soundtrack is really nice, so thanks for the recommendation) but the HR soundtrack owes a lot more to Tron Legacy (and Daft Punk) than Vangelis.

Nah. McCann was more inspired by Vangelis, Tangerine Dream and John Carpenter. Not to mention he began working on the music in 2008, Tron: Legacy was released in December 2010. I mean we heard McCann's music earlier in 2010 with the reveal trailer and the game was originally expected to be released within 2010 too until Square Enix pushed it to 2011 for more polish.

On PC? Can you say how it runs? Also, please tell me if we can customize most, if not all, of the HUD? I really want to disable the intrusive mini-map :(

It runs very well on my system, getting around 55-60FPS with little to no drops.

Running this on a GTX 770 with an i5 Processor with Medium Graphics set. As for the HUD you have full customization and can even turn it off, I expect this port to run well since it's being handled by Nixxes.

If you had to rate your enjoyment, 1-10, how would your enjoyment rate?

Muahahahahahaha Hahahaahahaha

Like a 9, it's almost as good if not better than Human Revolution in every way.

Does that video have temporal AA disabled or something? The aliasing artifacts are all over the place :(

EDIT: Xbox One version with all the HUD options turned off.
rNabglM.png

Oooh, I'm guessing that's Adam's new apartment? I wonder if management ever discovered the hidden TV compartment where I stuffed the corpse of that desk clerk who was withholding the new bathroom mirror back at his old place.

Simo

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what that was. I'm sure you could put a lot of time into Human Revolution. I did as well, and came just shy of beating it before getting sidetracked. I've been meaning to go back.

I remember a big battle in an open construction yard, where a highrise would be being built. Near a parking garage or something. Don't know how much I had left.

You had a little ways more to go. lol You probably half way through the game, not including the DLC.

Oooh, I'm guessing that's Adam's new apartment? I wonder if management ever discovered the hidden TV compartment where I stuffed the corpse of that desk clerk who was withholding the new bathroom mirror back at his old place.

Yeah his new digs in Prague. You find out about your old apartment in Detroit though but that's tied to some story spoilers when you use your TV to talk to someone so I'll leave that one. lol

Window

Lol I don't think the poster was actually expecting you to answer so directly. Good to hear though! Not sure if you can say but what has been the most positive change from HR in gameplay?

Nah. McCann was more inspired by Vangelis, Tangerine Dream and John Carpenter. Not to mention he began working on the music in 2008, Tron: Legacy was released in December 2010. I mean we heard McCann's music earlier in 2010 with the reveal trailer and the game was originally expected to be released within 2010 too until Square Enix pushed it to 2011 for more polish.

Sorry, as someone who owns every one of Vangelis' albums, it sounds a hell of a lot more like Tron Legacy than Vangelis. To each his own, I guess. If he started in 2008 (and didn't alter anything) then there's no much of an argument for me to make.

You had a little ways more to go. lol You probably half way through the game, not including the DLC.

Yeah his new digs in Prague. You find out about your old apartment in Detroit though but that's tied to some story spoilers when you use your TV to talk to someone so I'll leave that one. lol

Seriously? Just half way through? It didn't seem like it.

Simo

Seriously? Just half way through? It didn't seem like it.

Well you said you got back to Hong Kong right? A big fight in a construction yard?
You and Malik are shot down? Yeah you still have a couple of missions to do in Hong Kong before heading to the port,
doing that and then 2 more locations to go to. 3 if you're playing the Director's Cut.

So maybe a little more than half way but you've still got some ways to go.

Does remote hacking take resources? Or maybe an upgrade path on how far you can be from the device before you can hack it?

Lol I don't think the poster was actually expecting you to answer so directly. Good to hear though! Not sure if you can say but what has been the most positive change from HR in gameplay?

I don't think I'm able to answer some of those questions due to being under an embargo, however I can say the most positive change from HR is that the game has a lot more options to take out enemies with new augmentations and weapons.

It feels very smooth, but yeah I do respond frequently and I'll gladly share more details once the embargo lifts on Friday since right now I can't give out too much.

Drewfonse

It runs very well on my system, getting around 55-60FPS with little to no drops.

Running this on a GTX 770 with an i5 Processor with Medium Graphics set. As for the HUD you have full customization and can even turn it off, I expect this port to run well since it's being handled by Nixxes.

A 9. You read it right here folks, GOTY confirmed.

Sign me right the fuck up for this game.

Furyous

Can you do those of us that are interested in the game and have questions a huge favor? Can you pop over to the Mankind Divided SPOILER THREAD FILLED WITH SPOILING ASS SPOILERS OF SPOIL and speak on your experiences?

Damerman

i think I'm gonna buy it if it gets above average reviews. hopefully the soundtrack is as excellent as the first.

lmbotiva

I don't think I'm able to answer some of those questions due to being under an embargo, however I can say the most positive change from HR is that the game has a lot more options to take out enemies with new augmentations and weapons.

It feels very smooth, but yeah I do respond frequently and I'll gladly share more details once the embargo lifts on Friday since right now I can't give out too much.
I've seen on some videos that the lip sync for NPCs is really off, is that issue present in the final game? Also what about the graphic options for PC? Can you get in to detail regarding that? Thanks

I've seen on some videos that the lip sync for NPCs is really off, is that issue present in the final game? Also what about the graphic options for PC? Can you get in to detail regarding that? Thanks

It's a little off when it's in game but it's not too distracting, cutscenes don't seem to have this issues.

I can definitely go into some detail regarding the PC options, all the options you want are there and the game supports up to 4K resolutions. Also the exclusive full screen feature is back from Rise of The Tomb Raider which takes full advantage of your entire screen.

lmbotiva

It's a little off when it's in game but it's not too distracting, cutscenes don't seem to have this issues.

I can definitely go into some detail regarding the PC options, all the options you want are there and the game supports up to 4K resolutions. Also the exclusive full screen feature is back from Rise of The Tomb Raider which takes full advantage of your entire screen.
If it's not much to ask could you post the options in detail? It would be great if you could post a screenshot of the options menu

If it's not much to ask could you post the options in detail? It would be great if you could post a screenshot of the options menu

I'm not home right now but I can try my best to post it by Tomorrow, I'm sure there's nothing preventing me from that at least.

Simo

For those curious there seems to be more streams on YouTube of the PS4 version up that you can find via the Live from PlayStation app.

Does the digital deluxe get me anything in-game that a pre-order of the regular edition doesn't? I'd rather hold off on the season pass until after I play it if I can.

Medium on a 770? Is that with 2 or 4gb of VRAM, any overclock, etc?

770 getting long in the tooth it seems, time to go to that 1070 when possible.

Cracklox

Well. I had no idea this was out so soon. I have literally seen not one moment of gameplay (and haven't even read much about it.) I wonder if I can keep the unintentional black out going, although not reading reviews will be pretty bloody hard

I really got down with the last one despite never finishing it. I think I gave up at the 3rd boss. My stealth focussed dude was having too rougher time. Also, if i recall correctly I was distracted by Dark Souls when that came out and unfortunatley never got back to Deus Ex

Tthe ambient music at Sarif's office turning into the UNATCO theme is the greatest nod to the original, I hope they do something similar with MD

https://youtu.be/iCGBzrpxpsU?list=RDuzvw8uSWucM&t=138

Amazing news about the HUD options, I played through Witcher 3 with half the stuff turned off so I could see as much of the game as possible.

I have both soundtracks, DX and HR. They are equally awesome. UNTACO them is brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom