• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tibbs

I loved what Eidos Montreal accomplished with Human Revolution. I can't wait to see how that experience has informed their follow-up. At least, judging from what I've seen, it won't be a compromised Invisible War-scenario.

PC Gamer recently published a retrospective on that troublesome, underwhelming sequel. Revisiting Deus Ex: Invisible War, one of PC gaming's biggest disappointments

The Statue of Liberty doesn’t play a huge role in either Deus Ex or its sequel, but I’ve still come to think of it as the symbol of those games. It book-ends the series-as-was, prior to Human Revolution. The first mission of Deus Ex, the last mission of Invisible War. In the first game, it’s a symbol of ambition: one of the largest and most intricate game spaces designed up to that point, full of secrets and ways to chart your own path.

In Invisible War, it’s more a sign of submission, where the sequel’s many concessions to the original Xbox hardware are all on display. The inferior aesthetics that make every location look the same. The map split into chunks because the system can't keep it all in memory. The once natural choices now stated outright, blunt and simplified. Everything that the original map did so well, its return trip fails miserably to match. Such is the risk of following up one of the best games ever made.

EDIT: Xbox One version with all the HUD options turned off.
rNabglM.png

HUD Options screen on Xbox. Courtesy of DX Reddit:

Hello sharpness my old friend...

I hope that sharpening filter can be turned off. It should on PC right?
Maybe. It could be built directly into the TAA like in Uncharted 4 for example and not be configurable. Let's hope they take the Doom 2016 / Division route and allow you to configure how post-sharpened the image could and should be.

vesirott

Neo Member
Fuck. I am a man of my word and I will not preorder anything. On the other hand this will be day0 purchase because DX. With all the season passes and whatnot. I am confident this will be good. This being reinforced by TBs positive hint.
Now bring us that options screen :)

For those who watch stream, how it's running on PS4 ?

I am on this PS4/PC old dilemma...

sad_frog.jpg

The game is not multiplayer, so getting it because of your friends on one system or the other is a bit pointsless. I guess it depends highly on your specs and your prefered form of input for a game of this style.

Mifec

The game is not multiplayer, so getting it because of your friends on one system or the other is a bit pointsless. I guess it depends highly on your specs and your prefered form of input for a game of this style.

But but Breach leaderboards
/s

I have mid-tier pc anyway i was planning playing with the controler but i am afraid of PS4 performance wise but i can't resolve myself to watch stream. I guess i'll wait the reviews.

lmimmfn

Fuck. I am a man of my word and I will not preorder anything. On the other hand this will be day0 purchase because DX. With all the season passes and whatnot. I am confident this will be good. This being reinforced by TBs positive hint.
Now bring us that options screen :)
That's normally what I do, but its deus ex and they usually jack up the key prices after release. ~28 euro is ok for a gamble

Regginator

It runs very well on my system, getting around 55-60FPS with little to no drops.

Running this on a GTX 770 with an i5 Processor with Medium Graphics set. As for the HUD you have full customization and can even turn it off, I expect this port to run well since it's being handled by Nixxes.

Nice, thanks! Have you tried using High/Ultra settings and see how it runs then? Also, do you have the 2GB or 4GB version of the 770?

I have a 280X and seeing as how it should be more optimised for AMD, I'm hoping to run it at high presets at around 40fps.

nOoblet16

My only disappointment with this game will probably be the fact that it won't have developer commentary like Human Revolution because they would have focused on the game first. The dev commentary in HR was amazing, especially because it considered all the stuff on the internet about the game that came out after the initial release like the complaints regarding Letitia, the subway dancer, the safety dance youtube video in Heng Sha. So I am hoping for a director's cut for this game too in the future.

Hello sharpness my old friend...

Uh..ofcourse they put CA in this game...jeez. I never minded the gold-black theme but this..eh. Hopefully I can turn CA off specifically in the PC version without also having to turn off other post processing effects.

Btw I am playing HR with the enb mod for the first time right now and while it does remove the gold-black filter and looks nice, it also does a lot of other things like it completely removes the halo glow on lights, and the SSR it uses is distracting and bad lol.

Tovarisc

Digital Deluxe from GMG and risk very late key == no play on release OR regular edition from Steam and guaranteed long preload == play on release. Real 1st world problems here :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My only disappointment with this game will probably be the fact that it won't have developer commentary like Human Revolution because they would have focused on the game first. The dev commentary in HR was amazing, especially because it considered all the stuff on the internet about the game that came out after the initial release like the complaints regarding Letitia, the subway dancer, the safety dance youtube video in Heng Sha. So I am hoping for a director's cut for this game too in the future.

The HR developer commentary is essential if you're a fan, for the reasons you state. Very candid and insightful across all facets of the production and development, with a huge range of input from numerous folk who worked on the game.

I've pretty much been on a media blackout for this one. HR was in my top 5 last gen and I knew I would play this regardless. Can't wait to check out the reviews on friday.

My only decision left is mouse/kb or controller. Think I went controller for HR.

eot

Banned
PC footage right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVD7ksvxgP0

Someone streamed the final PS4 version that some of us saw and it ran at mostly stable rate of 30fps. I say mostly because the stream wasn't that great of quality so it was hard to get a definitive answer.

Probably the usual 40 hours or so? I don't think they've commented on the length but again we saw the streamer play for nearly 8 hours and all he did was the tutorial mission and first city hub with a couple of side quests in that amount of time.

The game does also have the Breach mode too.

EDIT: Xbox One version with all the HUD options turned off.
rNabglM.png

HUD Options screen on Xbox. Courtesy of DX Reddit:

Chromatic Aberration

D:

D:

Ati Radeon R9 270x Gaming 2gb Ddr5

Edit: It was mid tier 2 year ago when i bought it, how time fly :( According to this i am quiet not on the recommanded spec, maybe better to get to ps4 then.
It depends. Very rarely do "recommended" specs for games mean the equivalent to console versions of the game. I would wait for the hardware performance reviews on the cusp of release to see how it performs on 2GB GPUs and equivalent.

The game is a DX12 AMD sponsored game IRCC. That bodes well for your rig.

Uh..ofcourse they put CA in this game...jeez. I never minded the gold-black theme but this..eh. Hopefully I can turn CA off specifically in the PC version without also having to turn off other post processing effects.

Btw I am playing HR with the enb mod for the first time right now and while it does remove the gold-black filter and looks nice, it also does a lot of other things like it completely removes the halo glow on lights, and the SSR it uses is distracting and bad lol.
Yeah I would not use the ENB imo, the SSR applies just everywhere with no sense and it kinda messes with too much stuff. That and it is generally glitchy.

I am playing through HR right now as well with everything turned up and then just downsampling. It is just such a shame though that the game's SSAO is really really inefficient. It runs quite a bit worse than injected HBAO+ via NV but generally adds little to no depth to most environments. :/
It was back at that time when SSAO was still really inefficiently done and generally looked not too great.

It depends. Very rarely do "recommended" specs for games mean the equivalent to console versions of the game. I would wait for the hardware performance reviews on the cusp of release to see how it performs on 2GB GPUs and equivalent.

The game is a DX12 AMD sponsored game IRCC. That bodes well for your rig.

Thanks bro, i'll do that.

I am playing through HR right now as well with everything turned up and then just downsampling.

How do you deal with the microscopic interface while downsampling? I can't play above 1080p because the interface shrinks too much so I'm playing with SGSSAA enabled instead because the jaggies are horrible otherwise.

How do you deal with the microscopic interface while downsampling? I can't play above 1080p because the interface shrinks too much so I'm playing with SGSSAA enabled instead because the jaggies are horrible otherwise.

I play @ 120hz, so 4K with the game's ingame SSAO implementation is out of the question. So I instead do 1620p: this leaves the UI at a moderate size after all is said and done.
Thanks bro, i'll do that.

np np

Nice, thanks! Have you tried using High/Ultra settings and see how it runs then? Also, do you have the 2GB or 4GB version of the 770?

I have a 280X and seeing as how it should be more optimised for AMD, I'm hoping to run it at high presets at around 40fps.

I have and they work fine on my system but I'm getting around 45-50 FPS on High and 40-45 on Ultra so I chose to go with medium settings.

Speaking of which a user did tell me to post a screen shot of the graphics options and even though I'm under embargo I think it's safe to post these here. The resolutions go all the way up to 4K

Also if you have any more questions, I'll be doing an AMA on Friday regarding the game right after the review embargo is lifted. Most of the questions that I can't answer now can for sure be asked on the AMA. http://pixelsgamereviews.tumblr.com/ask

Medium on a 770? Is that with 2 or 4gb of VRAM, any overclock, etc?

770 getting long in the tooth it seems, time to go to that 1070 when possible.

I plan on getting a GTX 1070 for my birthday in December so by then my current rig should be up to date.

Edit: Had to remove these, sorry guys.

Tovarisc

I have and sadly they work fine on my system but I'm getting around 45-50 FPS on High and 40-45 on Ultra so I chose to go with medium settings.

Speaking of which a user did tell me to post a screen shot of the graphics options and even though I'm under embargo I think it's safe to post these here.

d38d81914e518f9a2daffd7b0eb625c1.jpg

805ddea55a69037145c9962a661bccb9.jpg

Also if you have any more questions, I'll be doing an AMA on Friday regarding the game right after the review embargo is lifted. Most of the questions that I can't answer now can for sure be asked on the AMA. http://pixelsgamereviews.tumblr.com/ask

CA and Sharpen toggles? Oh yes baby!

Thanks for posting these! :)

Redlogic

Got this on per-order from Best Buy. Can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday and dive right in. Excited to see reviews Friday as well, a good sign fo sho.

S1kkZ

looks like i can pick up my ps4 copy in an hour. will post some impressions (mostly technical/framerate) later.

Simo

I hope the option to turn off CA is in the consoles menu too.

OT but Deus Ex GO is now available for iOS in the UK, £3.99 same price as Hitman and Tomb Raider so I gather it'll be the same in the US.

looks like i can pick up my ps4 copy in an hour. will post some impressions (mostly technical/framerate) later.

Options menu screens plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom