• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, such succinct post with 0 evidence and pretty much 100% bullshit. Examples and thoughts were posted by multiple people yet you are quick to rush to defense with the usual crap.

Durante did have a very good point, but it does NOT apply every time. There have been plenty of games with bad ports and based on previous work it looks like Glacier 2 is not a very good performer on Nvidia platform, DirectX11 or DirectX12 (which is pretty horrible even with 1080).

This whole thing is premature, though. There aren't many benchmarks nor is there the level of performance testing where we can the individual impacts of various settings. This might be a different story on Tuesday.

nOoblet16

Oh really? Then please go and tell this to Arkham City in DX11 which not a single GPU in the world can handle even now because it is unoptimized and not because modern GPUs is not powerful enough, but because no one even bothered to optimize the game to work with DX11 features (almost the same story with DXMD, but on Ultra settings).
Not a single GPU even today? What's this nonsense? Arkham City averages 100+FPS on a 3+ year old GPU like GTX 780. And you can average 60 with a GTX680.

I'll keep posting this because this guy knows more than both you or I
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127709396&postcount=1

Maffis

Do we know if there will be any nvidia drivers for this game? it might be that it needs drivers or something. anyways, as long as high settings runs smoothly on 1080p I'm not worried. I have always downgraded graphics anyways in favor of more fluidity.

Do we know if there will be any nvidia drivers for this game? it might be that it needs drivers or something. anyways, as long as high settings runs smoothly on 1080p I'm not worried. I have always downgraded graphics anyways in favor of more fluidity.

Nvidia game ready drivers for DX:MD came out 3 days ago.

leng jai

The performance issues probably come from some ridiculous shadow setting like PCSS which tanks the FPS by 15+ while only adding 5-10% IQ.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I pretty much play through Arkham City annually and played it at perfect 60 fps DX11 last year on a 970 without issue.
I was experienced significant FPS drops to 30s for no reason on a fresh installed OS with a 980.

Not a single GPU even today? What's this nonsense? Arkham City averages 100+FPS on a 3+ year old GPU like GTX 780. And you can average 60 with a GTX680.
Just tested the goddamn thing with everything maxed at 1080p 2x MSAA and now I'm getting constant 60 FPSF for some reason with everything maxed. The thing is, the game didn't run so well with a 980 when I tested it a year ago or so.

I'll keep posting this because this guy knows more than both you or I
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127709396&postcount=1
I've no doubt in this, but goddamnit, if single cards can't run the game well, why even bother adding unoptimized Ultra options to the game? What's the fucking point in them at the first place, if the game is doesn't look any better when compared to High settings?

SimplexPL

So you would feel better if they did not add these options? Game would suddenly become well optimized.
If those option do not perceptibly improve IQ but tank the framerare just ignore them.
BF3 has "deferred antialiasing" option which tanked the framerate of contemporary cards without huge IQ gain. Does it mean the game was badly optimized?

KC Denton

So you would fee better if they did not add these options? Game would suddenly become well optimized.
If those option do not perceptibly improve IQ but tank the framerare just ignore them.
BF3 has "deferred antialiasing" option which tanked the framerate of contemporary cards without huge IQ gain. Does it mean the game was badly optimized?

Clearly what Eidos needs to do is either hide the Ultra settings for the first 24 hours of the game's release, or put a huge, unskippable warning sign up when the user tries to do ultra settings saying "Hey this is a future proofing feature, do not activate these settings unless you really want to stress out your rig or you're using a video card from 2017."

SimplexPL

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3109...vided-review-impressions-human-evolution.html

More worrisome is the fact that we’ve experienced some fairly major—though not show-stopping—technical problems with the game as it stands.

Both my colleague Brad Chacos and I have spent time with the game the last few days and performance is nowhere near what I’d expect. I’m running the game on a GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Brad on an overclocked EVGA GTX 1080 FTW. My PC fluctuates between 30 to 50 frames per second at 1080p resolution on a mix of High/Very High settings (not even Ultra) depending on whether I’m indoors or outdoors. Brad says the GTX 1080 hits a steady 60 at 1080p, but the in-game benchmark only reached 46 frames per second at 1440p. To quote his email: “That ain’t right. I’d expect that at 4K.” Add to that frequent crashes at startup on Brad’s end and well...

Bottom line: It’s not quite the performance we’d expect, considering how the game looks. Which is to say, it’s pretty, but I’ve seen better-looking games. Maybe Square has a Day One patch planned. Maybe the fault lies with drivers—though we're running the latest Nvidia drivers, which say they're Game Ready for the game. Regardless, we’ll be keeping an eye on it as we get closer to next week’s launch.

Conflicting information

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...big-budget-super-huge-sequel-that-delivers/2/
On a high-end PC, however, it was another story. Cranked to nearly maximum settings, DX:HR enjoyed a silky smooth, nearly 60-frame-per-second refresh with incredible lighting and particle effects, improved facial animations and lip syncing, and much crisper textures. The interface has been built to play wonderfully with mouse-and-keyboard, as well. A nice chunk of the PC version's UI is dedicated to number-button shortcuts (though one d-pad cross interface, which maps to the PC's function keys, doesn't get the same PC-specific treatment). The PC-conversion team at Nixxes has done it again, and while we know better than to announce a game's PC version as a clear winner out of the gate, our experience with the PC build has us leaning toward calling it the definitive version.
I think they made a Freudian slip with "DX:HR".

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So you would feel better if they did not add these options? Game would suddenly become well optimized.
They should've told us that Ultra settings is either not optimized yet (and they are clearly not optimized for single cards and even for 10th series - 51-66FPS with a 1080 in 1080p? Really?! FUCK OF!) or only for the 2017-2018 GPUs and believe me, after this clarification no one could have complained about Ultra settings, but nope.

Clearly what Eidos needs to do is either hide the Ultra settings for the first 24 hours of the game's release, or put a huge, unskippable warning sign up when the user tries to do ultra settings saying "Hey this is a future proofing feature, do not activate these settings unless you really want to stress out your rig or you're using a video card from 2017."
This.

Now this kinda reminds me of No Man's Sky situation which on some rigs runs great, but on some it runs absolutely terrible.

SimplexPL

Remember Ubersampling in Witcher 3? I tested it recently on 980Ti. Could not get 60fps at 1080p with everything maxed out and ubersampling enabled. I wonder if 1080 is up to the task.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
let's migrate review discussion to the review thread. Most of the discussion here right now should go in a new PC performance thread instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom