• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided Seaon Pass Info

Nags

Banned
The Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass, which is composed of Narrative DLCs and in•game items, is loaded with content that will help to further flesh out the lore of the Deus Ex Universe.

Contains:
•Two new story missions: “System Rift” and “A Criminal Past”
•The “Assault” and “Tactical” packs, which include various weapons and items
• 4 Praxis Kits
• 5000 Credits
• 5 “Booster Packs” and 20 “Chipsets” for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach

http://www.game.co.uk/en/deus-ex-mankind-divided-season-pass-1562987

Kayhan

Shit like this just makes me want to wait for the Complete, GOTY or Ultimate Edition.

And the only really worthwhile thing is the new missions.

Permanently A

They make it so easy to just wait for GOTY edition.

Then again I said the same thing for Arkham Knight so maybe the jokes on me.

They make it so easy to just wait for GOTY edition.

Then again I said the same thing for Arkham Knight so maybe the jokes on me.

There are good deals for Arkham Knight with the season pass content without being GOTY edition but even the complete edition is missing some DLC stuff.

I'm still waiting and I will wait forever until I find the whole package for as cheap as possible. Screw you Warner Bros.

That being said, Human Revolution's DLC was meh, so I will just wait for a price drop to $30 to pick it up without the DLC.

Best wishes.

Sojgat

Actual info on the content of story missions would be useful.

CD Projekt did this right with the Witcher 3 season pass announcement. Should be the standard for these things.

Diancecht

giphy.gif

Regginator

Once again pre-ordering season passes (or even pre-ordering in general) is a terrible, terrible idea. To be very honest, this is like the natural evolution of video gaming. Those who blindly buy season passes get burned 99 times out of a 100, and those who don't can spend that money on something else.

So two actual pieces of DLC and a bunch of shit you usually get as pre-order bonuses.

That's how I read it as well. Credits? Booster packs? Who cares

30 bucks for 2 missions is what I see. I wonder if they'll actually be quality since it's half the price of the game itself.

danthefan

Yeah not buying that.

Might hold off on getting this game for a while. I'm sure it's great but too many other things to play at the moment.

The Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass, which is composed of Narrative DLCs and in•game items, is loaded with content that will help to further flesh out the lore of the Deus Ex Universe.

Contains:
•Two new story missions: “System Rift” and “A Criminal Past”
•The “Assault” and “Tactical” packs, which include various weapons and items
• 4 Praxis Kits
• 5000 Credits

• 5 “Booster Packs” and 20 “Chipsets” for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach

http://www.game.co.uk/en/deus-ex-mankind-divided-season-pass-1562987

I hope this doesn't mean these will be artificially scarce, if so Cheat Engine will be used on my end.

I'll buy the missions for sure, but lmao at the stuff you accumulate quickly anyway just by playing NG+ (praxis kits and credits). So not worth the pass.

Vibranium

Banned
Wow, nothing big like The Missing Link? That sucks. I'll pass on the season pass and wait until I can get it for cheap.

Akai__

Seems incredibly underwhelming. And 25GBP? That's going to be 30US$ or €.

I'll play the game 1st and try to not think about this...

CHC

Wait really? That's it? Is there going to be some substantial DLC like Missing Link or just these junky bonus missions?

Ibuki

Banned
People are waiting for a GOTY to get two missions and a bunch of items, how are those a deciding factor?

FLD

Unless those two missions are significant in terms of length and content, this seems fucking awful for a 30 bucks season pass. Missing Link was a decent ~5h for 15 bucks and took place in a completely new area. Anything less than that doesn't seem to be worth the price at all.

I love how I know who the publisher is when I see the season pass content, square forces devs to make pay2win shit that spoil the game and over priced sleeping dogs and tomb raider am cry.

Averon

I will never understand someone blindly buying a season pass. You don't know what you're getting.

Also, I' pretty much stopped buying games on release (with the exception of a few franchises/developer's games) and wait for the GOTY edition. That is why I have yet to buy Fallout 4.

Shit like this just makes me want to wait for the Complete, GOTY or Ultimate Edition.

And the only really worthwhile thing is the new missions.

Then by all means wait if you can. I'm doing the very same thing as I'm in no hurry to play the game just yet.

If I see a season pass with what seems to be some pretty substantial content then I have no qualms putting that shit on the back burner until the GOTY ver. comes along. I know what / where to avoid in terms of spoilers until that time as well.

Going by the names of those missions, they sound like they might be somewhat inconsequential. I'm a bit mixed. There are many mentions in reviews about how the story ends abruptly, (saw a secondhand comment regarding the reviews mentioning how it feels like you're 60% through the story and it just ends). I'm sort of surprised that these DLCs may not attempt to complete the arc of MD, not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. If it wasn't for my anticipation of breach mode, I'd hold off.

..lol

jesu

If there is no substantial DLC's I'm kinda pleased.
I'll play it and trade it in and won't feel like I'm missing anything.

CHC

I hope this doesn't mean these will be artificially scarce, if so Cheat Engine will be used on my end.

Judging by Human Revolution, I highly doubt. Just explore and you'll probably be drowning in the credits and praxis. Square Enix DLC is usually just junk that makes the game unbalanced or way too easy. I can't remember if the version I bought includes it or not but either way I'm going to disable it - the game is balanced a certain way and I'm not about to fuck around with that.

$30 for that? Yikes. That must be the least appealing DLC pack that I've seen in a while. And most of it isn't even content that would need to be released later down the line (due to still being in development) like in other season passes.

There is a New Game+ where you can keep all your augments/etc.
Rendering this added stuff useless.

Judging by Human Revolution, I highly doubt. Just explore and you'll probably be drowning in the credits and praxis. Square Enix DLC is usually just junk that makes the game unbalanced or way too easy. I can't remember if the version I bought includes it or not but either way I'm going to disable it - the game is balanced a certain way and I'm not about to fuck around with that.

Wasn't NG+ added in later for HR? Either way I suspect you're right and it'll probably be fine.

Missing Link was a great extra chunk of gameplay. The main problems with it is just how its placement in HR effects the pacing. Hopefully these DLCs will be only accessible by optional means. I don't know how Missing Link was integrated into the original DE:HR, but it was a forced mission in the director's cut.

Top Bottom