• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex MK $35.99 @ Green Man Gaming (PC ONLY)

Damnit, I was planning on waiting for a Steam Winter Sale or something before I picked this up, but this is a really good price... Hmm...

Begaria

I jumped all over that. Even beats CD Keys with currency exchange, from what I calculated, and certainly shits all over anything I can find in Canadian currency.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Damn it I bought this for 37€ a couple of weeks ago with the JULY25 voucher and now it's at 29€.

I hope I can get a refund.

Seems to be £23.99 on the UK version, which is frankly ridiculous. Still can't quite decide whether to jump or wait for those all important reviews though. What's the chance they'll up the price or 'sell out' if I do the right thing and just wait a day?

Nzyme32

EDIT: Disregard

GMG have a clause in their refunds for pre-purchases:

The release of the game, or the pre-load is not within 48 hours of the refund request. We are unable to process refunds 48 hours before a game is due to be released or preload begins.

It's nonsensical considering there is absolutely no legitimate reason to even have that clause. Turns out this doesn't effect Deus Ex though and its price change

Regginator

Seems to be £23.99 on the UK version, which is frankly ridiculous. Still can't quite decide whether to jump or wait for those all important reviews though. What's the chance they'll up the price or 'sell out' if I do the right thing and just wait a day?

I think it's a matter of hours before the price bumps up again.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Take note: If you already have it pre-ordered and want to get the new reduced price - you can't

The release of the game, or the pre-load is not within 48 hours of the refund request. We are unable to process refunds 48 hours before a game is due to be released or preload begins.

It's nonsensical considering there is absolutely no legitimate reason to even have that clause, but there it is
First and last pre-purchase from them I ever make then.

Take note: If you already have it pre-ordered and want to get the new reduced price - you can't

It's nonsensical considering there is absolutely no legitimate reason to even have that clause, but there it is
That is really dumb but maybe if enough tickets show up they'll do something. I've had good experiences with GMG support in general.

ryushe

I promised myself I wouldn't buy from this site again due to their terrible customer service, but.... that's a pretty good price.

Jeez, I wonder if that's a calculated move. Get all the pre-order cash you can at the higher price, then lower it once the real surge of purchases starts and don't let anyone cancel and re-order at the lowest price. Definitely won't be pre-ordering from GMG ever again.

I wonder if they would just refund the difference, I still want the game so its not like they would be stuck with a copy that someone ordered and no longer wants.

Several people on Reddit are reporting that GMG is refunding their 25% off order, no questions asked. Taking like three minutes to get the refund.

Lister

Banned
I'm getting three copies at that price! Me, myself and I.

:) Actually a friend and my cousin would love copies, and that's two birthdays takenc are of.

Nzyme32

First and last pre-purchase from them I ever make then.

That is really dumb but maybe if enough tickets show up they'll do something. I've had good experiences with GMG support in general.

Jeez, I wonder if that's a calculated move. Get all the pre-order cash you can at the higher price, then lower it once the real surge of purchases starts and don't let anyone cancel and re-order at the lowest price. Definitely won't be pre-ordering from GMG ever again.

I stand corrected: they mentioned this but after asking about this they said they would do it anyway, and have. Refund received. Game on

Several people on Reddit are reporting that GMG is refunding their 25% off order, no questions asked. Taking like three minutes to get the refund.

Yep, disregard!

Kudo

CDKeys had great deals on it few days ago too, grabbed it there.
Probably worth checking if you want to save money.

Lister

Banned
CDKeys had great deals on it few days ago too, grabbed it there.
Probably worth checking if you want to save money.

CDKeys is shady as fuck. A lot of keys are stolen or chargebacks which cost devs money.

So no thanks.

Top Bottom