• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deval Patrick is expected to announce his campaign suspension today after 10th place showing in NH.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Deval Patrick’s presidential campaign appears to be nearing an end.

The former Massachusetts governor is expected to drop out of the race Wednesday, according to CBS News. The announcement will likely be made in an email to supporters, a source told the network.

Patrick’s campaign manager Abe Rakov told WBZ-TV Patrick “is evaluating and will make a decision about the future of the campaign” on Wednesday.

Patrick entered the crowded Democratic primary field in November and failed to gain much support.

He received a little more than 1,000 votes in Tuesday’s New Hampshire Primary.
Results:

88.7% reporting
CandidateTotal Votes% VotesDel.

Bernie Sanders
72,63425.8%9
Pete Buttigieg68,76324.4%9
Amy Klobuchar55,68219.8%6
Elizabeth Warren26,0819.3%0
Joe Biden23,7218.4%0
Tom Steyer10,1373.6%0
Tulsi Gabbard9,1263.2%0
Andrew Yang7,9522.8%0
Total Write-ins4,1241.5%0
Deval Patrick1,2010.4%0

I want you to keep in mind this guy was backed by several characters linked to the DNC and other entities, was advised by Obama before he changes his min from not running to running, and has been in NH since he jumped into the race SINCE DAY 1. Spending millions on ads and ground game.

He managed to break 1,000 votes bu a small margin while losing to write-ins by a decent margin. The guy basically lived in New Hampshire, what was he doing? I guess he had incompetent staff because he couldn't even beat Yang who finally understood how to do the math that's constantly clipped on his suit.

Also check out this ABC headline:
"
Last Black Democratic 2020 Candidate Will Quit: Deval Patrick Is Out
"

Lol, mah diversity. Where was ABC when the "last black" in this "racist" primary needed news coverage? Also holy shit those ads.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Actually there's 9, but I guess other guy didn't make the deadline and isn't on ballot in every state. Probably will drop out shortly.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
He accepted reality and stopped letting people waste their money on his campaign after only two votes. I actually respect him more for ending it like this, even if he had no chance from day 1. Massachusetts other hat in the ring could learn a lesson here.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
He accepted reality and stopped letting people waste their money on his campaign after only two votes. I actually respect him more for ending it like this, even if he had no chance from day 1. Massachusetts other hat in the ring could learn a lesson here.
Two votes? He was NH or bust he whole time even though people wanted him to spread out.

He could still keep going but he's smarter than that.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Two votes? He was NH or bust he whole time even though people wanted him to spread out.

He could still keep going but he's smarter than that.
I was including Iowa. Honestly have no idea if he was on caucus ballot there. Just assumed. Either way though, I agree he was smart to end it now and I appreciate that he saw, read, and accepted the writing on the wall.