• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Developer illusion0001 releases a 540P 60FPS (base console) patch for Uncharted 4

rubenburgt

I can't watchd the video right now, but looking at the title do I have 3 questions:

1. Is that really the name of the developer?
2. What is a base console?
3. Is the game 540p, or does the player have the option to play on 540p?

stranno

I can't watchd the video right now, but looking at the title do I have 3 questions:

1. I guess so. That's the name he has in his blog and Youtube channel.
2. Base console is Playstation 4, since there's a Pro model xD. Pro has a CPU bottleneck (thank you Jaguar architecture) so it does not improve the game much, especially in combats.
3. Game is 30FPS both in base console (1080P) and Pro (1440P). Campaign, multi-player has always been 60FPS. This is a hack/patch, of course you need a homebrew capable console.

illusion0001 already released a The Last of Us Remastered patch months ago to enable adaptative v-sync in loading times, which vastly improved the loading times (yeah, probably the same solution that Naughty Dog implemented in their final patch).

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

1. illusion0001
2. Modified non standard
3. You can't.

longdi

Banned
how does a console game even get unofficial mod support?

Can we access and overwrite files in ps4 system?

stranno

No reason all uncharted games are not 4k 60 on ps5 yet
Framerate cap is the reason for U4. Unless ND patches that, it won't run higher than 30FPS. And I don't think they will patch a game that old again.

how does a console game even get unofficial mod support?

Can we access and overwrite files in ps4 system?
On homebrew capable consoles yes, you can install fake licensed packages. There's R/W access as well, but you cannot mod files directly, it does not work like that.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Framerate cap is the reason for U4. Unless ND patches that, it won't run higher than 30FPS. And I don't think they will patch a game that old again.

On homebrew capable consoles yes, you can install fake licensed packages. There's R/W access as well, but you cannot mod files directly, it does not work like that.
yes, so there is no reason ND could not spare 5 fucking minutes to remove the cap.
Or even a whole day of dev

Three

yes, so there is no reason ND could not spare 5 fucking minutes to remove the cap.
Or even a whole day of dev
Yeah kind of sucks but unfortunately development doesn't work like this. You would have days of dev, days of QA, QA release testing the whole game on different devices etc. They should just do it though IMO.

Arun1910

Yeah kind of sucks but unfortunately development doesn't work like this. You would have days of dev, days of QA, QA release testing the whole game on different devices etc. They should just do it though IMO.
Agree.

It's ND and one of their biggest franchises. I'm really surprised this hasn't got a patch.

llien

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

GrayFoxPL

Agree.

It's ND and one of their biggest franchises. I'm really surprised this hasn't got a patch.
To me seems like Sony wants to freshen up their biggest franchises. By doing a remake or remaster.

This means longer dev time. I still believe no patch for Bloodborne or UN4 at least means remasters are coming.

Are no 60fps patches shitty - YES. But that seems to be their strategy.

Yeah on crushing mode it was a torture. But managed with crushing until the very last shipwreck at level 19 or 20 I think then had to push it to hard instead because it was impossible to pass with limited ammo. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:
I persevered and beat it, but fuck that beach/shipwreck section full of brutes and snipers. That was the only real part where I felt the difficulty spike was ridiculous, then I remember every Uncharted has a section like that on Crushing. But still, it was annoying wasting 3 hours trying to do that with limited ammo.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I persevered and beat it, but fuck that beach/shipwreck section full of brutes and snipers. That was the only real part where I felt the difficulty spike was ridiculous, then I remember every Uncharted has a section like that on Crushing. But still, it was annoying wasting 3 hours trying to do that with limited ammo.

Funny thing is there is no escape, and you can't hide for too long because in ND's dev mind rolling machine guns = snipers in accuracy as they put you down with nearly 300-400m (yards) away, lol.

Rudius

The reason is that the money for patches is going into PC ports. You will be able to play in 4K 60 on your PC soon. Bought a PS5? Fuck you!

Last edited:

Xyphie

The deceptive "in game" 60 FPS Uncharted 4 trailer finally delivered 7 years later, all it took was a quarter of the resolution for it to actually happen.

Top Bottom