• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Developers remove games from Steam over Valve's Black Lives Matter silence

Doing something just for the sake of doing it and to placate the masses is a ridiculous reason to do something. You must live your life in regret, if that's the mentality you have, as doing things for the wrong reasons never has a good outcome.

And it's not about taking 5 minutes out of your day. It's called having principles. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. That goes both ways. The fact these zealots expect everybody to bow to them and their expectations is absolutely ridiculous.

And what exactly would you know about running a multimillionaire dollar corporation? These corporations not only have ethnic and black clients, but have ethnic and black employees as well. You dont think that has an effect on the people working directly for you when your own company wont even make the effort? Youre absolutely lost if you think otherwise. This is not a persons opinion. Its a stance every company should take and acknowledge.

Every company should stand by this statement. Them not wanting to get involved just makes them look like the cowards they are.

oagboghi2

And what exactly would you know about running a multimillionaire dollar corporation? These corporations not only have ethnic and black clients, but have ethnic and black employees as well. You dont think that has an effect on the people working directly for you when your own company wont even make the effort? Youre absolutely lost if you think otherwise. This is not a persons opinion. Its a stance every company should take and acknowledge.

Every company should stand by this statement. Them not wanting to get involved just makes them look like the cowards they are.
I'm black, and I don't need any corporation or company I work for to put out these stupid press releases. They don't mean anything, other than pander to sensitive whites who don't actually want to fix the problem.

Kev Kev

200.gif

UnNamed

Banned
Activists in the '80: I must do something to improve rights, equity and justice for everyone.

Activists in 2020: why people do nothing to improve my rights, equity and justice?

Last edited:
I'm black, and I don't need any corporation or company I work for to put out these stupid press releases. They don't mean anything, other than pander to sensitive whites who don't actually want to fix the problem.

Well good on you then. But as you may already know, you are not the center of the universe. You not needing it doesnt mean others dont want it or need it.

kiphalfton

The nice thing about not being insecure is that you don't care whether or not the company you work at supports you or doesn't support you. Most people go about their lives not getting constant validation, support, etc. Disnt realize our society had devolved into needing constant coddling.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Nice virtue-signaling! Hope you sleep better thinking that Twitter likes you more and considers you a "good guy".

Silvawuff

But I am the center of my life, and I find it funny to watch white people get offended on my behalf.

It's nothing but stroking their own ego.

I personally can't stand outrage culture. Without changing the discourse here too much, what is it that a person can do to support you, besides not be racist? If there's a conversation to be had, let it be an open one where we can all learn something new and put it into practice.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Holy shit I never got a good look at his avatar

dude looks like a cross between a pedo and a mass shooter

if I saw this fucker walking down the sidewalk I would cross the street in a heartbeat

Last edited:

Ascend

Steam did fine. Better stay out of it.

After all, this is political more than anything else. I don't want SJW nonsense in my gaming or on my gaming platforms. Everyone already heard about the issue and the ones interested already keep up with it. If Steam would have put up a message, it's just another one repeating the same thing, i.e. zero actual value but pure virtue signaling.

For the developers that decided to remove their stuff from Steam... Good riddance. Go work for BioWare or Naughty Dog or something.

ultrazilla

Valve is right to "stay silent" with political bullshit and "movements".

They're a company. They serve EVERYONE. Why alienate potential customers by taking a stance on something that's best left for politicians?

I'm so fucking tired of this SJW bullshit. It's gotta go.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
You know what, it would have taken Valve literally 5 minutes to just put a popup that appears as you enter Steam. All of 5 minutes. And it would have saved them this problem.

But i know, 5 minutes is a lot of time. I know guys, i know.

You know, it would have taken that bitch 5 minutes to make me a sandwich. All of 5 minutes, and then I wouldn’t have had to cave her head in with a brick.

Never give in to bullies.

MHubert

Then show me the part where I say that Kena isn't a game that deserved to appear on the show based on merit.
You act as if those 2 things were mutually exclusive. And I bet you have no idea how offensive that is. Don't worry, my expectations are low especially in this thread.
lol dude i'm only reacting to this:

Sony believes representation matters. It is not a coincidence if the 2 guys who introduced Kena showed up in this reveal.

and this, when you respond to whether or not people would find it offensive to be presented foremost because of their skin color:

And nobody has advocated for that.

But nice try, though.

Last edited:

spectyre

You're right. I apologize. It is quite common to use that "good people on both sides" as some kind of proof that our president is racist. I just assumed that was the point you were trying to make and I wasn't referencing the convo stream. Being as you posted the transcript of the conference, which proves beyond a reasonable doubt that that quote in no way has racist implications, I have to assume that wasn't your intent.

Top Bottom