• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

ram

hurray - the lazy brits from SCEE for president!

good god, the day when SCE decides to close all fake accounts, will be the last day, when i will visit a psn store.

Almyn

neojubei said:
I'm glad that isn't happening in America, i would be pissed off. However making an american account shouldn't be so hard.

I would guess most people in the know already have a US account yeah, So it's no big deal.I was looking forward to playing the demo early on in the afternoon though.It'll most likely be after 11pm European time when the US store is updated.

Erebus

Almyn said:
I would guess most people in the know already have a US account yeah, So it's no big deal.I was looking forward to playing the demo early on in the afternoon though.It'll most likely be after 11pm European time when the US store is updated.

You can try and download it from the Japanese store then.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, so is the demo due to 24:th January or 31?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Metalmurphy said:
24th on XBL and US PSN, 31 on EU PSN. I think.
Soooooo good, if true.

I hate that... would take no time for the Euro PSN admins to put the game up but instead they waste the time of everyone who ends up creating a US account to get it.

gcubed

ram said:
hurray - the lazy brits from SCEE for president!

good god, the day when SCE decides to close all fake accounts, will be the last day, when i will visit a psn store.

why has none of the media called to task SCEE and their shitty ass psn support? Or have they, and i missed it? This goes beyond localization bullshit. (and shit, i live in the US! i'm upset cause all you bastards will be stealing my bandwidth :) )

glaurung

gcubed said:
why has none of the media called to task SCEE and their shitty ass psn support? Or have they, and i missed it? This goes beyond localization bullshit. (and shit, i live in the US! i'm upset cause all you bastards will be stealing my bandwidth :) )

SCEE: europeans have ze interwebs? who knewed? sacrebleu!

Basically though, Europe does not mind.

Yoshichan

Tiduz said:
Its true, its confirmed on the capcom blog <(^_^)< <(^_^)> >(^_^)>

Upscaling to 1080P! OMG YES YES YES.
Holy shit... I really, REALLY don't wanna play the demo to ruin the experience :(

gcubed

glaurung said:
SCEE: europeans have ze interwebs? who knewed? sacrebleu!

Basically though, Europe does not mind.

Europe is basically single handedly supporting the PS3 right now from spouts of info we got around the holidays... you'd think they would want to keep them happy.

vg260

Tiduz said:
Its true, its confirmed on the capcom blog <(^_^)< <(^_^)> >(^_^)>

Upscaling to 1080P! OMG YES YES YES.

The PS3 version? I don't see it on the blog. This would be fantastic and would squelch the only concern I had about getting the PS3 version over the 360 one.

Basch

Great job on the OP, Dahbomb.

So... I should probably get to playing the other three soon, shouldn't I? :lol

2&2 said:
The PS3 version? I don't see it on the blog. This would be fantastic and would squelch the only concern I had about getting the PS3 version over the 360 one.
Yup, it says in the OP that both the 360 and PS3 have this option.

vilmer_

InterMoniker said:
Will this hit the Japan store today? Like how GT5:p demo came a day early because Japan lives in the future 1 day ahead of us.

I keep checking :) Usually, in the past the store is updated around 11am EST on the Wednesday with the "big" demos. Nothing as of yet...

keanerie

OP is over long, bloated with info and BOLDED words, unsubtle Sony fanboyism, blatant Capcom fanboyism, transparent homosexual subtext in the form of man-love for Dante/Vergil/Whoever, too many images, and an undercurrent of arrogance.

In other words, typical Dahbomb.

edit: C-Warrior's thread would have been better. ;)

Even if the Japanese demo goes up soon, I'm... just going to wait the extra day for the English demo, considering how long it's going to take to download. I'd rather not have to do this twice. :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
keanerie said:
OP is over long, bloated with info and BOLDED words, unsubtle Sony fanboyism, blatant Capcom fanboyism, transparent homosexual subtext in the form of man-love for Dante/Vergil/Whoever, too many images, and an undercurrent of arrogance.

In other words, typical Dahbomb.

edit: C-Warrior's thread would have been better. ;)

cry_me_a_river.jpg

Seriously, the 360 is mentioned as well. What do you want from the guy.

Capcom Fanboyism? Whats wrong with that? Capcom is doing good this gen AND last gen so thats a false argument. Bloated with info is a good thing, less questions more knowledge.

Nemesis_

Aurora said:
Demo released on the 24th or the 31st? Which is it?

Edit: Specifically for EU Xbox Live please :)
Japan
Xbox Live -> 24th January, 2008 (Gold Member Exclusivity)
PSN Store -> 24th January, 2008

North America / US
PSN Store -> 24th January, 2008

Europe
PSN Store -> 31st January, 2008

Note: As with most demos on Xbox Live, they will ONLY be available to Gold Xbox Live Subscribers for about a week or two. It is safe to assume it is the same for this demo. PSN users can enjoy no restrictions when downloading the demo.

As far as I know, this is the proper release schedule for the demo. Can anyone correct me? I believe there is a blogger at Gamespot UK who confirmed the Xbox 360 will get the demo tomorrow / the 24th in Europe.

Tiduz said:

Capcom Fanboyism? Whats wrong with that? Capcom is doing good this gen AND last gen so thats a false argument. Bloated with info is a good thing, less questions more knowledge.

I don't think he was being serious.

Good job OP. I'm still wondering if I should play the demo or just wait until the game comes out.

keanerie

Tiduz said:

lulz.

gkryhewy

Tiduz said:

An official thread should be kind and even-handed, particularly where two versions are truly identical. Official threads should be uniters, not dividers.

This one fails, but its wealth of detail helps it to overcome.

Piper Az

This Live gold exclusivity thing is ridiculous.

To MS - differentiating gold from silver is nice but you should differentiate gold from the PSN as well. Get demos a week early on gold, compared to the PSN, and make silver the same as the PSN...

Kinan

Nemesis556 said:
How long (in hours) to go till we get the first appearance of the demo?

I guess noone knows, but I would say assuming that work day in Japan starts at 8am and first thing that PSN/XBLA people will do is put the demo online, you are looking at 6h20m wait. Thats probably the earliest time for it to go up.

unless they are doing surprise night launch. Believe!;)

Ceb

InterMoniker said:
Will this hit the Japan store today? Like how GT5:p demo came a day early because Japan lives in the future 1 day ahead of us.

Doubtful, I think it was mentioned that it would go up on Thursday evening in Japan.

vilmer_

Nemesis556 said:
It's 1:46am there now on Thursday morning =(

Approximately 15 hours to "evening" depending on what evening is.

Awwww. I guess I can stop refreshing the store and actually play a game lol.

vilmer_ said:
Awwww. I guess I can stop refreshing the store and actually play a game lol.

You'll know when it's up. Keep an eye on the horizon, and when the clouds blot out the sun, check the store.

jaaz

Nuclear Muffin said:
It's just upscaling, it's not like it's actually rendering it in 1080p, what's the big deal?

Granted, it's not the same as the difference between 720p and native 1080p, but there IS a difference, particular if you have a 40"+ screen. Ratchet looks significantly better (to my eyes) when played at upscaled 1080p over native 720p.

vilmer_

brandonh83 said:
You'll know when it's up. Keep an eye on the horizon, and when the clouds blot out the sun, check the store.

Yep. And when I start to feel a warm tingle in my loins, I'll know, it is time.

deepbrown

jaaz said:
Granted, it's not the same as the difference between 720p and native 1080p, but there IS a difference, particular if you have a 40"+ screen. Ratchet looks significantly better (to my eyes) when played at upscaled 1080p over native 720p.
ook

Maggot9

Banned
What an ugly ass cover. On both versions. Those are confirmed I guess?

Can't wait to try the demo, w00t. Day 1 purchase.

brandonh83 said:
Even if the Japanese demo goes up soon, I'm... just going to wait the extra day for the English demo, considering how long it's going to take to download. I'd rather not have to do this twice. :lol
I actually downloaded the GT5:p demo like a couple minutes after it popped up on the Japanese store and it didn't take long at all. Maybe 20-30 min. tops.
Ceb said:
Doubtful, I think it was mentioned that it would go up on Thursday evening in Japan.
Oh
brandonh83 said:
hahahaha

A storm has been coming through here for the past couple of days ironically.

jaaz

Dahbomb said:
Audio: While both versions of DMC4 support 5.1 surround sound, the PS3 version because of the extra Blu-Ray capacity also supported 5.1 LPCM. This is lossless, uncompressed audio which would probably mean slightly better audio on the PS3 provided the right audio equipment is in place.

Great thread. I don't mean to nitpick, but I just have to say that once you've heard and become accustomed to lossless, uncompressed 5.1 or 7.1 audio in a game or a movie, the difference in audio between compressed and uncompressed audio really becomes more than just "slightly better".

gkryhewy

jaaz said:

Your TV must have a shit scaler.

jaaz

gkrykewy said:
Your TV must have a shit scaler.

I have a 40" Sony LCD Bravia 2500 series and a 60" Sony SXRD. The SXRD seems to do a better job of upscaling to 1080p, but then again the difference could be do to the larger screen. The difference in the 40" LCD between 720p and upscaled 1080p is negligeable, but still looks better at upscaled 1080p. Specially in Uncharted, deep. :)

Top Bottom