• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

d0c_zaius

Pandora Box best DMC gun evar.

When I first played DMC4, I didnt like it since you basically play through the same game twice. But after playing the PC version recently, I like it a lot.

and love the intro opera music theme.

demidar

1357248332022wduqw.gif

:( :( :(

My mind wasn't flexible enough to include the GunSlinger stance into my combos much unless I was using Pandora's Box :S. I generally relied on Trickster, Royal Guard and Sword Master (sort of neglected Dark Slayer as well unless I was doing air combos)

I am similar. I don't find Gunslinger too useful and Dark Slayer...I use it mostly to break armors and watch Dante slick his hair back like his twin brother, bigger dick or not

oh man i just had an idea...imagine if the Dark Slayer style was actually a doppelganger of Vergil. It would kind of redundant since Nero's DT is like that, but still!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bigger dick is Donte and Vorgil. Everyone knows Uncle Dante and Uncle Virgil both have the same length and girth dick since they're twins.

Lijik

Pandora Box best DMC gun evar.

When I first played DMC4, I didnt like it since you basically play through the same game twice. But after playing the PC version recently, I like it a lot.

and love the intro opera music theme.

I had the same experience. I already wasnt feeling Nero's section at all, and then when I found out I had to do it all over again with Dante I shelved the game (which was the biggest mistake let me tell ya)

Went back to the PC version earlier this year in anticipation for DmC since it was the easiest DMC game for me to access (just a download away on steam!) and had a way better time going through it again

demidar

I am similar. I don't find Gunslinger too useful and Dark Slayer...I use it mostly to break armors and watch Dante slick his hair back like his twin brother, bigger dick or not

oh man i just had an idea...imagine if the Dark Slayer style was actually a doppelganger of Vergil. It would kind of redundant since Nero's DT is like that, but still!

Maybe have Dark Slayer actually replicate Vergil's moveset from DMC3:SE? Attack button uses Yamato's moveset, Style button summons swords AND one of Dante's firearms can still be used.

...maybe that's too powerful.

DMC5:

*opens up in Hell*
absurdly handsome white-haired dude wakes up with no memories. Starts beating up demons to find answers, and everyone calls him a son of sparda for some reason. Beats up a particularly mean boss demon and the demon tells him that someone new's in charge since mundus got killed.

*meanwhile*
Nero cuts a door into Hell with Yamato, and is holding onto one of the sparda amulets, saying that "it will make him remember". Nero fights his way to where the first boss demon was, but somehow doesn't have to backtrack (maybe a route only accessible via devil bringer)

*later*
Nero tracks "Dante" down, they fight and Nero is defeated. "Dante" takes the amulet and leaves Nero there, he remembers he's Vergil

*stuff happens*

*much later*
Dante cuts a door into Hell with force edge, bumps into Vergil and tells him Nero came to Hell to rescue him but got captured by whoever's the new big bad. Dante gives Vergil force edge and it's two player DMC co-op to rescue Nero.

plz Capcom ;_;

I think everyone's used the last 5 years to come up with their own ideas for a totally bitchin' DMC5, it's sad that it'll most likely never happen.

rvy

Banned
DMC5:

*opens up in Hell*
absurdly handsome white-haired dude wakes up with no memories. Starts beating up demons to find answers, and everyone calls him a son of sparda for some reason. Beats up a particularly mean boss demon and the demon tells him that someone new's in charge since mundus got killed.

*meanwhile*
Nero cuts a door into Hell with Yamato, and is holding onto one of the sparda amulets, saying that "it will make him remember". Nero fights his way to where the first boss demon was, but somehow doesn't have to backtrack (maybe a route only accessible via devil bringer)

*later*
Nero tracks "Dante" down, they fight and Nero is defeated. "Dante" takes the amulet and leaves Nero there, he remembers he's Vergil

*stuff happens*

*much later*
Dante cuts a door into Hell with force edge, bumps into Vergil and tells him Nero came to Hell to rescue him but got captured by whoever's the new big bad. Dante gives Vergil force edge and it's two player DMC co-op to rescue Nero.

plz Capcom ;_;

I think everyone's used the last 5 years to come up with their own ideas for a totally bitchin' DMC5, it's sad that it'll most likely never happen.

That's fucking nonsense. Vergil becoming Nelo Angelo will suffice.

Jathaine

I don't care if Vergil is gone for good or not in the canon.
If they do another DMC he should be an alternate playable character regardless with no extra story attached to his scenario.

rvy

Banned
I'm still waiting for the game about the secret love story of teenage papa vergil and his human lover.

MK5E0Op.png

For all you know, Nero was born in hell. I mean, all the backstory we know is that he was found covered in a black blanket. That's it.
Vergil getting laid before DMC 3 sounds better though.

This game is probably one of the most optimized for PC I've ever seen. I could play it very consistently on a laptop with integrated graphics.

I loved the gameplay but hated the level design. Will probably get DmC for cheap in the future to see if it addressed some of DMC4 issues in terms of gameplay not story.

Was it ever discussed how much the game was almost a remake of the 1st game in terms of level design for the 1st half of the game.
The whole Ice palace & the immediate surroundings were almost identical to the "Castle" in DMC1.

rvy

Banned
Was it ever discussed how much the game was almost a remake of the 1st game in terms of level design for the 1st half of the game.
The whole Ice palace & the immediate surroundings were almost identical to the "Castle" in DMC1.

Probably because the original DMC team returned to DMC with DMC 4.

Dahbomb

That's actually really old news.

What's shocking is Parrying Blitz' electric shield. Yeah it's the one that's always on him like armor...

Probably because the original DMC team returned to DMC with DMC 4.

Incorrect. Only really Hiroyuki Kobayashi (of anyone of any significance) of the DMC1 team came back for DMC4. But most people would agree that he fucked up, if his role as producer is to plan time tables and budgets, he fucked up, considering DMC4 was only half of a game.

rvy

Banned
Incorrect. Only really Hiroyuki Kobayashi (of anyone of any significance) of the DMC1 team came back for DMC4. But most people would agree that he fucked up, if his role as producer is to plan time tables and budgets, he fucked up, considering DMC4 was only half of a game.

Trying to remember where I got that from, but whatever. Thanks for the correction.

Raonak

Banned
DMC4 has horrible level design and stupid backtracking, but makes it up in the end with having the best gameplay overall. enemy designs were so much better than DMC3's too.

plus had uncle dante -the best dante.

So I remember there being an uproar when whoever revealed that Nero was vergil's kid, whats the stance of most people since it's been a while now.

honestly, when you play DMC4 with that information in hand, the game starts making so much more sense.

for DMC5, they could've expanded nero by giving him the expanded vergil moveset. he has the yamato, give him the ability to switch between red queen and yamato. it would give him the diversity he sorely needs. jam exceed into it if need be.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
DMC4 has horrible level design and stupid backtracking, but makes it up in the end with having the best gameplay overall. enemy designs were so much better than DMC3's too.

plus had uncle dante -the best dante.

So I remember there being an uproar when whoever revealed that Nero was vergil's kid, whats the stance of most people since it's been a while now.

honestly, when you play DMC4 with that information in hand, the game starts making so much more sense.

for DMC5, they could've expanded nero by giving him the expanded vergil moveset. he has the yamato, give him the ability to switch between red queen and yamato. it would give him the diversity he sorely needs. jam exceed into it if need be.

Exceed was a great feature. It should definitely return if we get another Nero game.

TreIII

Personally, I'd rather have the real Vergil back, and elaborate his moveset some more, rather than impose that on Nero. Nero definitely does need more weapons, though.

On the whole, however, the main thing I would say is that they really just need to cram as many characters as possible. No reason why the likes of Lady and Trish were not made playable, besides the notion of how Koba loves his "look but don't touch~" NPC teasing.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Exceed is enough if we're expanding Nero. TBH I don't quite know how to expand Nero besides giving him more weapons.

Extend exceed like mechanics to other weapons, expand on the arm. Have it grab, slam, squeeze and falcon punch. Maybe give him an ice weapon to complement red queen.

demidar

Extend exceed like mechanics to other weapons, expand on the arm. Have it grab, slam, squeeze and falcon punch. Maybe give him an ice weapon to complement red queen.

My problem with Nero is that you have to hold a lot of buttons to use everything, holding RB to lock-on, hold RT to charge Blue Rose, hold B/O to hold enemies all the while you're attacking and Ex/Max-Acting attacks and maybe toss in a taunt or two. Lotta buttons.

demidar

Its a DMC game so buttons are going to be pressed. A lot.

But they should change Blue Rose though.

Pressing's fine, it's holding that hurts my fingers. That's why I prefer Dante even though you have to be really quick to alternate between d-pad and thumbstick.

TheSeks

Pressing's fine, it's holding that hurts my fingers. That's why I prefer Dante even though you have to be really quick to alternate between d-pad and thumbstick.

Claw, duder. The house of Monster Hunter PSP's calls you.

It would be awesome to have a DMC5 with Uncle Dante, Papa Vergil, and Nero. These dudes are like the brothers of hokuto. More moves for Nero, no backtracking, keep bloody palace on disc with no dlc. 60 frames next gen MT framework. Would be glorious.

My problem with Nero is that you have to hold a lot of buttons to use everything, holding RB to lock-on, hold RT to charge Blue Rose, hold B/O to hold enemies all the while you're attacking and Ex/Max-Acting attacks and maybe toss in a taunt or two. Lotta buttons.

Damn, been replaying dmc4 and I forgot that you could hold enemies lol. I love exceed, but if Nero got another weapon I don't think he'd need exceed for it. I'd be okay with just giving him Yamato + more vergil moves. Doesn't make much sense, but it'd still be fun to play.

TheSeks

I never held enemies. I just grabbed them, slash-slashed and then supaslammed them into the ground to helm-splitter down. :(

Top Bottom