• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 PC - Now Available

Devil May Cry 4 is now out for PC - Games for Windows.

LDK w/ Turbo Mode on footage:
http://files.filefront.com/Legendary+Dark+Damnation/;11022955;/fileinfo.html

The game retails for 39.99.

Unique Features:

up-to 120 fps (if your rig can handle it)

Improved visuals

**Turbo Mode (20% game speed increase, must be switched to on (this is -the awesome- btw, and should have been the games normal speed in the original console release)

**Legendary Dark Knight Mode (game goes dead rising-engine on your ass by increasing enemy count and difficulty)

example:
938687_20080423_screen003.jpg

938687_20080423_screen027.jpg

938687_20080423_screen018.jpg

938687_20080423_screen009.jpg

*This PC port is technically superior to the console versions in every way. Previous Capcom PC ports, such as DMC3, Re4, Onimusha 3 -- were not handled internally by Capcom so the transition isn't highly regarded.

If you're curious about the game and/or the technical requirements and benchmark tests, please visit the demo thread here.

** Capcom did an amazing job optimizing the game for PC - as mentioned in the DMC4 PC demo thread, it doesn't take a monster of a machine to get most of the graphical features up and running and keep at a strong 60 fps or higher framerate.

Vaporak

hmm, anyone know if this is getting a steam release. There's some other Capcom games on there so I assumed so but I don't see it up on steam atm.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I said it before, And I'll say it again

Still not enough fodder, But I can make do ^_^

I'm so definitely buying this. I still need to finish my 360 version too...*cries*

Only £18 on Play.com for UK folks. That's actually a decent amount less than it'd be on Steam (assuming a $40 price) but still I don't mind paying a few pound premium for the convenience of it all.

Ryder said:
Steam steam steam steam... ?

Going from what others have said it's not up -- so right now in-store and capcom's online store are the only way to go. But since other Capcom PC games are on steam I'd imagine this will go up soon.

I bet this would run amazing on my rig (3Ghz Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 8800GT) at 1280x720 if I output to my TV, playing with the 360 controller.

I love it when ports are done right!

Houston3000 said:
I bet this would run amazing on my rig (3Ghz Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 8800GT) at 1280x720 if I output to my TV, playing with the 360 controller.

This isn't a port, the console versions are derived from the PC version, not the other way around, that's why it is such a well optimised and superior vision of the game. If you have a "720p" TV, make sure you output its native res. which will almost certainly be 768p. It will look very noticeably better if your TV supports 1:1 mapping.

Xabora

Houston3000 said:

Hitting 1080p here with a single HDMI cable. :D

Kyoufu said:
How does the combat work with so many on screen? Looks like a clusterfuck to me.

In the first screen for example, you'd just do a Max-ACT instant rev to a level 3 streak. Problem solved. And it actually (with turbo mode on and LDK on) makes DMC4 feel a lot like DMC3 did. I'm only on mission 6 w/ LDK on but it doesn't feel overwhelming at all. It's a reasonable enemy increase that still work with the games mechanics. Although you can't perform devil buster attacks as much since while you're throwing one puppet, 4 others will go ape-shit crazy on your ass so it's hard to fully carry out a throw. The only enemies I have a chance to buster-grab are the Frosts (with LDK on) since it provides a pseudo-shield in the process.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
C- Warrior said:
In the first screen for example, you'd just do a Max-ACT instant rev to a level 3 streak. Problem solved. And it actually (with turbo mode on and LDK on) makes DMC4 feel a lot like DMC3 did. I'm only on mission 6 w/ LDK on but it doesn't feel overwhelming at all. It's a reasonable enemy increase that still work with the games mechanics. Although you can't perform devil buster attacks as much since while you're throwing one puppet, 4 others will go ape-shit crazy on your ass so it's hard to fully carry out a throw. The only enemies I have a chance to buster-grab are the Frosts (with LDK on) since it provides a pseudo-shield in the process.
Dante with hot swappable styles is a beast as well, if only because trickster and royal guard are so good for defense.

SapientWolf said:
Dante with hot swappable styles is a beast as well, if only because trickster and royal guard are so good for defense.

I'm not that far yet, but I'd imagine with the enemy count on LDK -- playing TRICKSTER Dante is probably mandatory, especially on anything above SoS mode. And as for Royal Guard, I parried/countered/blocked with that all day back in the DMC3 days, but I can't get it's rhythm down for DMC4. They really shortened the frames for Dante's parry.

It really seems the devs caught a whiff of all the Royal Guard domination videos in DMC3, so it doesn't surprise me they chopped RG's balls off in DMC4. Personally, I think they went too far. RG isn't fun anymore :(

Sagitario

Your demo thread link is wrong...

Edit: Now it's fixed...

Will try the demo now, I want to see my benchmark ranking :p ...

Kujo

I haven't played a DMC game before, but I want to get this for the PC. Is there some on-going storyline throughout the series or does it not really matter much?

Mojo said:
I haven't played a DMC game before, but I want to get this for the PC. Is there some on-going storyline throughout the series or does it not really matter much?

The DMC4 storyline is more self-contained than the pre-release hype would have you believe. Which is why many fans were let-down since there wasn't any Vergil, Sparda, or Yamato themes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fucking awesome.

Chiggs

Will purchase it at lunch. Thanks for a great port, Capcom. I look forward to RE5 and Street Fighter 4, too. I might be in the minority here, but beefed up console ports heading to the pc are a-okay with me.

btrboyev said:
my new 4850 allows me an S rank @ 1680x1050...on an amd 4200+

thats just awesome optimization capcom. kudos.

Badass!

Mamesj

Banned
Picking it up today.

So LDK is selectable from the start and it's for the whole campaign? fucking awesome

Zzoram

I liked this game and beat it on the first 2 difficulties on Xbox 360, then traded it in.

While I'd like to support superior PC versions of games, I can't justify buying the same game twice unfortunately.

brain_stew said:
Only £18 on Play.com for UK folks. That's actually a decent amount less than it'd be on Steam (assuming a $40 price) but still I don't mind paying a few pound premium for the convenience of it all.
You have to pay tax on top of that, plus Steam is not a single currency platform anymore. Capcom can charge whatever they want to Europeans just like Ubisoft and Take2 does.

I don't see the pain in waiting a couple of days to have a game delivered to your door personally. But people sure do love paying a premium for Steam.

Mamesj

Banned
C- Warrior, please post more LDK impressions. Is it just halls filled with enemies in every mission? :lol

can't wait to play this tonight.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It does indeed run very well on the PC. If only I could get true 5.1 out of my PC. :\ Now that I'm running cables over 50ft from my back room to the TV (so that I can use the PC in both rooms) I don't even know if there is any solution for getting 5.1 through my receiver from the PC.

dark10x said:
It does indeed run very well on the PC. If only I could get true 5.1 out of my PC. :\ Now that I'm running cables over 50ft from my back room to the TV (so that I can use the PC in both rooms) I don't even know if there is any solution for getting 5.1 through my receiver from the PC.

Think I've mentioned it before but not tried using the analogue multi channel phono outputs? Any recent motherboard or soundcards will have them, they may be 3 individual 3.5mm outputs. You'll basically be running a cable for each speaker but its the easiest way to go about it and it'll offer the best quality.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I never got the demo to work on my PC. Always got the same error. I vowed to not pick up the retail on principle...but I want to play the game.

Can someone link me to the PC demo thread? I can't find it.

Mamesj

Banned
oooookay, bought the game...now how do I play Legendary Dark Knight mode?

I don't see an option for it anywhere, no saves on the internet, how did you get to it so fast C- Warrior?

Jenga

Banned
So how does the Mouse and Keyboard control scheme work with this? If I have to buy a 360 controller to enjoy this I may skip out.

JoeFu

Banned
Jenga said:
So how does the Mouse and Keyboard control scheme work with this? If I have to buy a 360 controller to enjoy this I may skip out.

Try the demo. I played with keyboard, and it kinda sucks.

Ok, I have to ask you guys: Should I take the plunge? I've never played DMC before except for watching my friend play DMC3 on PC (who's a DMC fan but hates it) and also played the DMC4 demo and was thoroughly unimpressed. I can run it at 120 fps at least.

I mean, 39.99 sounds good for a game, but I just don't know. It sounds very repetitive (though less so than Dynasty Warriors).

JoeFu

Banned
I've only played a bit of DMC4, not too bad, but I still really like the first and third game. Why not rent one of them before plunging into the fourth installment of a series?

Also, is there any way I can use the PS3 controller for this game? I don't feel like buying a 360 controller.

Top Bottom