• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Sesha

What reason is there to think it'll be at PSX?

TGS is basically irrelevant, and the only notable announcements Capcom has done there in recent years were Umbrella Corps (2015) and DmC (2010). In contrast, Capcom has done two big announcements at PSX, with SFV in 2014 and MvC: I last year in the three years PSX has been going. They also had RE7 and MH: World on Sony's stage at E3, and PSX is the only conference that's not Blizzfest that any company does throughout the year that's comparable to E3.

Of course it can be revealed on a random Tuesday, but all of Capcom's biggest titles in recent years that's not MHX(X) have been shown at E3 or PSX. Heck, even Deep Down was revealed at the PS4 announcement event.

The God

TGS is basically irrelevant, and the only notable announcements Capcom has done there in recent years were Umbrella Corps (2015) and DmC (2010). In contrast, Capcom has done two big announcements at PSX, with SFV in 2014 and MvC: I last year in the three years PSX has been going. They also had RE7 and MH: World on Sony's stage at E3, and PSX is the only conference that's not Blizzfest that any company does throughout the conference that's comparable to E3.

Of course it can be revealed on a random Tuesday, but all of Capcom's biggest titles in recent years that's not MHX(X) have been shown at E3 or PSX. Heck, even Deep Down was revealed at the PS4 announcement event.

Yeah that does make sense. Here's hoping.

Sesha

"PSX is the only conference that's not Blizzfest that any company does throughout the conference that's comparable to E3."

This should read "throughout the year". Sorry about that.

DMC4, DmC, both announced at TGS, but i doubt it this time.

DmC and DMC3SE were, but not DMC4. The DMC4 TGS trailer was the gameplay reveal, but we had two CG teasers before then at E3 2005 and 2006.

BadWolf

Meanwhile in FFXV:

mHUAsYz.gif

MBS

Banned
"PSX is the only conference that's not Blizzfest that any company does throughout the conference that's comparable to E3."

This should read "throughout the year". Sorry about that.

DmC and DMC3SE were, but not DMC4. The DMC4 TGS trailer was the gameplay reveal, but we had two CG teasers before then at E3 2005 and 2006.

Ah yes

gunbo13

Way of the Demon
Marobashi Sub Mission in Tokai Region
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VEwadaI9R0

You get a ton of +14, +15 greens and a ton of Amrita following this method. It isn't the easiest battle, but it reaps rewards.

Main Items:
Weakness Talismans
Power Pills
Saisetsu-shin Sake
Extraction Talisman
Rejuvenation Talisman

You get millions of Amrita and can build up your green stash in a ridiculous way with no use of Onchoko cups.

BB is still the better game but Nioh has legs. I don't get much time to play but I have yet to even touch DLC2.

Sesha

Add another two to the list of franchises getting revivals/dreams coming true before DMC5. Jurassic Park Operation Genesis gets a spiritual successor, and Fear Effect is getting a remake.

But "Heaven" doesn't exist in the world of DMC, right?
3AQmK.gif

Correct, but Itsuno Himself stepped down from on high to save DMC and deliver us from a future without great action games.

diabl0

That's revealed games being shown and what games will be playable from Capcom. DMC5 wouldn't be listed there and would likely be revealed (if it is) during Sony TGS show.
True, but I wouldnt count my bets on it being revealed at TGS as its now a weak event. It seems very monster hunter focused on Capcoms side.

diabl0

Sony just had their presser at TGS, no DMC. Given MH is out in January, and MVCI is now out, would only mean Capcom needs to show off their next title (ahem Itsuno!)

I've always been a staunch advocate that DMC3:SE is the greatest game of it's genre.

Having just earned the platinum DMC4:SE I've had some time to reconsider. The inclusion of Virgil and his focus bar really helped make DMC4:SE become more appealing to me. The focus bar helped me play less sloppily, because it punished players for whiffing attacks during long combos.

Playing as one character through the whole campaign was less jarring then playing as Dante/Trish for 7 or so missions to help pad out the game. I'm still holding that against it. Speaking about Trish, her and Lady's inclusion as playable characters turned out better than I expected. While they are nowhere near as complex or as satisfying as the Sons, and grand son of Sparda, they both have enough of their unique play style to warrant a playthrough as well as bloody palace.

Other random thoughts, Blitz still sucks and will always suck, mission 18 was stupid, the whole dice mini game was stupid till you really figure out the trick, the "Orb Collection %" as part of the final score is a terrible idea, I miss Dante's old Devil Trigger design from Kaneko, and LDK mode is a blast. You can tell that Trish, Lady, and Virigil were design to take out huge waves of enemies.

I'm glad this happened, it's not DMC5, but reminds me that these games still have some of the most fun and fluid combat systems in the whole genre.

MBS

Banned
It'll be REmake 2 and you know it!

Itsuno made a promise for this year and he better deliver the goods, unless he wants his Twitter page turn into a warzone. Honestly there are legitimate chances for REmake 2 in PSX, but i don't think they will show it ahead of DMC5. And they better not be.

Dahbomb

I just got DMC4SE from the humble bundle deal last week. Having a lot of fun with my first DMC. What are some good tips for new players?
You can instantly Rev Nero'a sword by tapping L2 after every attack. This is essential to playing him properly.

Other than that just look at the movelist and move demonstrations. Get Streak and the speed upgrade (to make you run faster) asap.

BadWolf

I just got DMC4SE from the humble bundle deal last week. Having a lot of fun with my first DMC. What are some good tips for new players?

Get Nero's level 3 charge on his gun as soon as possible.

Big damage, causes stagger even on bosses.

You may need to re-map the controls to make it more comfortable for you to charge the gun. You basically want to be charging the gun at all times during combat (Nero can charge it while doing melee combat).

diabl0

Just finished off MVCI and it really dawns on me how much i miss the original Devil May Cry. Dante didnt have much of a part till the very end, but when he did, it was always a smirk worthy moment and dmc vets would trully enjoy.

Heres hoping for Itsunos title to be devil may cry 5.

Sesha

Hey guys. We thought now's a convenient time to let you know and remind others that we have a discord channel made by Dahbomb. If you want to discuss DMC stuff, other Capcom games or just chit-chat with other DMC-GAFers, join up. Quote this to reveal:

Otherwise, PM me or Dahbomb for invites.

If all else fails, when DMC5 is announced we can at least chat here. Hope to see you there.

https://youtu.be/kmA7MiKhLZY

Gamespot is streaming DMC1 atm to celebrate 16 years of DMC for some reason.

Thanks for posting this.

Dahbomb

Devil May Cry 5 to be revealed PSX at earliest, E3 2018 at latest.

Fiscal 2019 release.

Takes place after DMC5 story wise, Dante and Nero to return.

UE4 for now. 60FPS.

Itsuno at helm, Yuji Shimomura to return as cutscene action director.

Some sort of Sony exclusivity deal is in play.

And the game is progressing harmo- I mean smoothly.

This may or may not be a dream.

Astral Dog

Seems everything is coming back together a little, was afraid saturday would be the last time i get to visit GAF, but understandable after all.take care

Fiscal 2019 release.

UE4 for now. 60FPS.

damn i would be so happy if this happened 😢 (just 2018 pls, early 19 at the most. Good info at the reveal and not just a tease.!)

Fiscal 2019 release.

UE4 for now. 60FPS.

Says who

Top Bottom