• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 5 demo dopping tomorrow (at least on Xbox One)

Castef

Banned
According to the Xbox Portugal Facebook page. They published the announcement here:

And then deleted it. Yet, someone already took screenshots. ;)

It seems that the demo is exclusive to Xbox One console:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
There's more than one demo planned.

The demo for Xbox tomorrow is not coming to PS4 or PC.

Bloody Palace is free DLC to be released in April.

The new character has hair which turns white.

Helios

V looks fun as hell. They also changed the vocals for Subhuman. I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

decisions

Only on Xbox One? FUCK

As a college student who only has there PS4 here I am a bit PISSED because this my most anticipated game by far.

Helios

Only on Xbox One? FUCK

As a college student who only has there PS4 here I am a bit PISSED because this my most anticipated game by far.
I feel you, thankfully it's just a demo. Also they might release the next demos for all platforms.

isual

i'm ok with this as i was planning on getting it on xone anyways - to stay in line with having 4 on 360. gotta keep it linear in uniformity.

kingwingin

We feel this is good natured ribbing rather than spiteful console warring. But we will keep an eye on the thread.
take that you sony ponies, what a time to be alive and an xbox gamer!

Caayn

Exclusive demos? What an age we live in... I look forward to playing it (eventually)
It's not the first time a demo has been (timed) exclusive to one platform, including this very generation.

That said. I don't agree with this practice.

Last edited:

ghairat

So the leak was true. I remember that the leak mentioned when the ps4 demo is going to get released.

Hage Kamo

DMC5 demo : XBOX ONE X @4K 60FPS
HVn57B4.jpg
ddcHgFi.jpg
6gZqIXR.jpg
nKMc4zF.jpg

Last edited:

xviper

just played the demo

i'm honestly a bit disappointed, the combat feels limited in terms of sword combat, it seems they are more focused on the devil breaker (the arm) combat rather than the sword combat

i expected more, this demo decreased my hype, nevertheless, i'm still looking forward to it and can't wait to play it, it's the first and only good hack and slash game since MGR

Reizo Ryuu

Nero feel exactly like in DMC4.
All the trailers showed this purely based on the animation, but it's at least nice to get some confirmation for the ignorant "it's DmC now" nay sayers.
He even has his secret running dropkick, with the exact same input.

Shifty

The DMC twitter confirmed a 'multiplatform console demo' at a later date:

I hope they don't shaft PC again, but I expect they will.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I played through it this morning. Burning through the arms took a second or two to comprehend. It works. It feels like receiving a random ability with how the arms are found throughout a level. I wonder if this a 100% model of what's actually in the game. A lot of the combos are the same, which is cool. Then you have the added abilities of the arms. I think upgrades are going to add a lot, so don't feel too underwhealmed. That's how most DMC games start off anyway.

Overall I like it. Very cool fights and I'm really looking forward to playing more of this game. Bloody Palace coming so late is probably a good thing because I like to finish the campaign before playing it regardless.

I tried switching arms, but it appears you have to burn the arm or use its destructive characteristic in order to move to the next one? You use them up and/or make them destruct then you move to the next arm.
IMG-4873.jpg

IMG-4871.jpg

IMG-4868.jpg

The artstyle is very cool.

I typically play exclusives and arcade classics on XBO, so I took these on my phone. I like it. I preordered it a while back for PS4. I like it on XBO. I've just been playing DMC on PS since the very first game.

Last edited:

Odinnii

I’m not sure about the devil breaker mechanic and the game feels slow and stiff compared to Bayonetta but overall had fun with the demo and glad to see DMC is back.
More beat em ups is always a good thing imo.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m not sure about the devil breaker mechanic and the game feels slow and stiff compared to Bayonetta but overall had fun with the demo and glad to see DMC is back.
More beat em ups is always a good thing imo.

The second time I played through the demo it was much faster. That's because you can propell yourself with Gerbera. Overture is more about damage. You can lock onto enemies and drag them towards you if you use the lock on RB + B. Otherwise you're using the ability of the Devil Breaker (until you run out). You can charge the Devil Breaker and you can charge the Red Queen sword with LT (exact same thing as Nero in DMC4 - you have to keep hitting the trigger). You can charge the Blue Rose too.

If you mess around with the mechanics like aerial moves and charging Devil Breakers then it opens it up. Each Devil Breaker has its own move, another final move once you charge it or you can just detonate it for extra damage. That really helps against the boss. Stay in the air and use your Devil Breaker.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Game does look stunning and performs very fluidly. RDR2 convinced me to open the OX i bought last year....DMCV will keep it in rotation early next year!

kingbean

I played the demo a few times. It feels like Devil May Cry and that's great.

You know for a while I feel out of love with DMC and put all my effort into Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta.

After replaying NGB, Bayo 1 and DMC 3 and 4 I have to say I've done a 180. DMC feels more deliberate and honed in.

Bayo 1 feels sorta spammy with way to much happening visually. I couldn't finish Bayo 2 because it was just a constant barrage of shit happening.

And Ninja Gaiden Black is a slightly dated masterpiece with a still shit camera. Also it as an Izuna Drop.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I played the demo a few times. It feels like Devil May Cry and that's great.

You know for a while I feel out of love with DMC and put all my effort into Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta.

After replaying NGB, Bayo 1 and DMC 3 and 4 I have to say I've done a 180. DMC feels more deliberate and honed in.

Bayo 1 feels sorta spammy with way to much happening visually. I couldn't finish Bayo 2 because it was just a constant barrage of shit happening.

And Ninja Gaiden Black is a slightly dated masterpiece with a still shit camera. Also it as an Izuna Drop.
I don't know Bayonetta on normal difficulty you can spam attack but in harder difficulty and mastering doge offset makes combat soooooo much fun and satisfying. I dont own Xbox to play the demo but I personally still not fan of hyper realistic faces in DMCV.

kingbean

I don't know Bayonetta on normal difficulty you can spam attack but in harder difficulty and mastering doge offset makes combat soooooo much fun and satisfying. I dont own Xbox to play the demo but I personally still not fan of hyper realistic faces in DMCV.

Oh bayo 1 is great. I almost never beat or replay games but it's a game I've beaten 4-5 times so it's something that deserves love and respect and sequels. I've just grown to appreciate the stiffness and deliberate iframes in the jumping in DMC more than the easily accessible dodge.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Oh bayo 1 is great. I almost never beat or replay games but it's a game I've beaten 4-5 times so it's something that deserves love and respect and sequels. I've just grown to appreciate the stiffness and deliberate iframes in the jumping in DMC more than the easily accessible dodge.
Oh I see, thats understandable.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
just played the demo

i'm honestly a bit disappointed, the combat feels limited in terms of sword combat, it seems they are more focused on the devil breaker (the arm) combat rather than the sword combat

i expected more, this demo decreased my hype, nevertheless, i'm still looking forward to it and can't wait to play it, it's the first and only good hack and slash game since MGR

DO you have a favorite DMC?

If only it released on PS4 as well :( but it is cool that MS is getting the spotlight for a big Japanese franchise as well...after all that Scalebound mess that happened when they last attempted to publish a Japanese centric game, this seems like their redemption (though fight me, I still like Scalebound and thought it was cool)

Castef

Banned
Played the demo twice (killing twice the boss).

Quite disappointed by what I've played. Everything feels somehow... "dated"... like if I've played this identical game lots of times before.

The new Nero is in some ways less fun to play than DMC4's Nero and I still have to understand why.

Also, the enemy design is very flat, a big step down from previous chapters.

Let's see how the final game develops.

Ah, on the graphics side, the crumbling cathedral is very nice. Apart from this, I still have to understand where all the gourgeosness some people talks about is.

Game does look stunning and performs very fluidly. RDR2 convinced me to open the OX i bought last year....DMCV will keep it in rotation early next year!

Serious question, what's the thinking behind buying a console and not opening it for such a long time?

Top Bottom