• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry Voice Actor Teases Devil May Cry 5 For E3 2018.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamingbolt.com/devil-may-cry-voice-actor-teases-devil-may-cry-5-for-e3

dmc5-tease.jpg

brap

Banned
I think they're above making jabs at a failed reboot from a C-list studio.
No, he's gonna come back and kill Dante. Then as Dante is bleeding out Donte is gonna be all like FUCK YOOOOOUUU and flip him off. It'll be like an MGS 2 situation. You think you're gonna play as Dante but NOPE.

Why the hell did Capcom go the reboot route in the first place? I still don't get it.

About the only reason I can think of is that 2 was so bad and the story was so dumb that it kinda screwed the pooch in the long term which is why both 3 and 4 were set before 2 but they couldn't just have..... ignored 2? Why reboot the whole thing completely with a totally different developer?

Dunki

Honestly I rather want a DMC2 from the reboot. I really enjoyed that game. The old DMC became utterly ridiculous with especially 3

The Shepard

I liked the reboot, but i also like the old devil may cry series. I'd be happy either way. Dmc 2 or devil may cry 5. Id love it to go metroidvania aswell like god of war.

Also capcom, where the hell did deep down go, was looking forward to that at launch.

Last edited:

Ridcully

No, he's gonna come back and kill Dante. Then as Dante is bleeding out Donte is gonna be all like FUCK YOOOOOUUU and flip him off. It'll be like an MGS 2 situation. You think you're gonna play as Dante but NOPE.

I'm sure that will be very exciting for the two people who really liked that game.

never knew that the actor who plays as vergil in dmc is also the quantum ranger in power ranges light speed rescue. That's pretty cool.

I'm hoping for DMC5 or a new reboot. Wasn't as much a fan of DmC, though it might be Ninja Theory, as I've not liked a single of the games they've made.

ExpandKong

Banned
I'm hoping for DMC5 or a new reboot. Wasn't as much a fan of DmC, though it might be Ninja Theory, as I've not liked a single of the games they've made.

The definitive edition fixed quite a few of the glaring gameplay issues of the original release. The dialogue was admittedly cringey at times, but let’s be honest - it’s cringey in the rest of the franchise too, just in a different way.

One thing I did really enjoy in DmC was the environments and the way they transform and all that. That was pretty great.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind NT getting another crack at the franchise, though I doubt Capcom would go back to that well.

The definitive edition fixed quite a few of the glaring gameplay issues of the original release. The dialogue was admittedly cringey at times, but let’s be honest - it’s cringey in the rest of the franchise too, just in a different way.

One thing I did really enjoy in DmC was the environments and the way they transform and all that. That was pretty great.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind NT getting another crack at the franchise, though I doubt Capcom would go back to that well.

I don't know, but there's just something that made me not really like NT games like Enslaved, Heavenly Sword and DmC.
Nah, we need Yoko Taro to do a DMC reboot. That'd be some crazy. We just need someone else to take care of the combat system.

Breakage

Would be interesting if they go back to the dark gothic horror vibes of the first game. In terms of atomosphere, it's still the best.

Last edited:

Ka-Kui

Would be interesting if they go back to the dark gothic horror vibes of the first game. In terms of atomosphere, it's still the best.
I feel the same way and more. Original game had the best art direction, music, atmosphere, level design, enemies and bosses. The marionettes had like 5-7 moves, compare that to the sins and whatever those bean bags were in DMC4 with single attacks. The DT designs were also amazing and plus gave you access to more moves. I also prefer Drew Coombs to Reuben Langdon.

At some point the fanbase stopped giving a damn about everything else but the combat on its own, which to me is sad.

Breakage

I feel the same way and more. Original game had the best art direction, music, atmosphere, level design, enemies and bosses. The marionettes had like 5-7 moves, compare that to the sins and whatever those bean bags were in DMC4 with single attacks. The DT designs were also amazing and plus gave you access to more moves. I also prefer Drew Coombs to Reuben Langdon.

At some point the fanbase stopped giving a damn about everything else but the combat on its own, which to me is sad.
Yup, agree with everything you said. The first game had a palpable sense of evil throughout that gradually diminished with each new entry. I suppose a lot of it was down to its RE roots. Sound, art and gameplay – everything just came together so well in the first game.

It's about time! DMC4 came out in 2007...? Maybe it was 2008. But still, that's a long time without the real Dante.

It was early 2008, like February I think.

Would be interesting if they go back to the dark gothic horror vibes of the first game. In terms of atmosphere, it's still the best.

Yup, the first game is by far my favorite, I much prefer it's more Resident Evil style approach to environment design and exploration, while the third game is good the environments tend to be way more boring.

Remember in the first game that art nouveau bedroom covered in cobwebs? Just stunning.

Ka-Kui

That kind of horror vibe is not something that Capcom will ever go back to I reckon.

I remember reading in an article that a lot of Ninja Theory's initial designs for DmC were too scary for the rating that they wanted and had to tell them to scale it back.

Last edited:

xwez

Banned
It would be great if they let DmC and DMC coexist. Then everybody would be happy, and if they hated the other, then they could just wait the standard 3-5 years for the sequel of the respective series. I know I would buy both.

Hotspurr

Banned
Every time you people keep bumping this thread you keep bringing me closer to a heart attack. This is my one E3 announcement that needs to happen. If they are able to release the game in the fall so that we know it's mostly done, that will be icing on the cake. I don't know if my emotions can take delays and the game being stuck in development hell. As I understand Itsuno has been working on it for 3 years, so fall 2018 release is not unreasonable. Depends on how ambitious it was. If it delivers monster Hunter level quality it will be amazing. Also please no exclusivity. No one cares about console wars anymore just let as many people play the damn game.

Top Bottom