• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Survivor 2 Break Record (3DS) announced

duckroll

There's a pre-screening event for the first episode of the Devil Survivor 2 anime in Japan right now. They promised a special announcement as well, and fans at the event are reporting that they have announced Devil Survivor 2 Break Code Record for the 3DS. The new release will contain new story and character content, and it's due for release in Summer 2013 in Japan.

The game will be featured in a future issue of Famitsu this month, but I'm not sure if the "March 28" issue refers to the street date or the cover date. Either way it'll be 2-3 weeks from now.

So is this similar to Devil Survivor Overclocked (but for Devil Survivor 2)?

If so-----can't wait for it to come over.

So this is an upgrade of the second ds game like overclock was for the first?

Quite funny, I have both the ds games but didn't play the first because I heard overclock was coming out(still waiting on that, hurry up ghostlight), but I thought I'd then go straight on to the second once it did.

seems I'll be waiting again, heh

tolkir

Was Overclocked called Break Code in Japan?

I'll probably get it when it comes to Europe in 2016.

997806_172132_front.jpg

@MUWANdo

Banned

Quite funny, I have both the ds games but didn't play the first because I heard overclock was coming out(still waiting on that, hurry up ghostlight), but I thought I'd then go straight on to the second once it did.

Ghostlight are now saying both Overclocked and DS2 for DS will be out in early April. Sure, okay.

vall03

hmmm... is there a chance that they might include these new content on anime? But still, another SMT game on the 3DS? fuck yeah!

Zenaku

YES! Been waiting for this. The anime has some good VA's, some of who are working on SMTIV, so they'll be set for this.

It's funny, just yesterday I was wondering when they would announce the overclocked version of DS2.
Everyone was surprised when DS2 was announced for the DS but they're smart. Now they can sell the game again with the pretext of porting it to another console, let's hope that the new content makes it worthwhile.

Luigi87

Was hoping this would be announced. Haven't played the original as was holding out for a 3DS enhanced port.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

same situation about DS overclocked. don't know what to do now (for both...)
am I crazy in hoping a treatment similar to Inazuma3 for PAL market???

Atlus threads are very depressing when most of the people awake are from Europe! :D

Atlus news are really depressing for Europe. See Soul Hackers ? Not announced in Europe. We have to wait someone to decide to publish it... And they take 1 or 2 years to slap their logo.

Khrno

I hope Ghostlight will get the game sooner.

The problem is, if we skip DS2 for DS waiting for DS2BC, Ghostlight or anyone else that would have been interested on picking the port could say: "people didn't like the game, they didn't buy the DS version, so let's not bother with this port".

So I guess I'll end up getting both versions, or well, the DS version whenever GL releases it, and hope that them, or someone else releases DS2BC next year.

duckroll

The problem is, if we skip DS2 for DS waiting for DS2BC, Ghostlight or anyone else that would have been interested on picking the port could say: "people didn't like the game, they didn't buy the DS version, so let's not bother with this port".

So I guess I'll end up getting both versions, or well, the DS version whenever HL releases it, and hope that them, or someone else releases DS2BC next year.

Thinking like this is probably why European fans continued to get screwed so hard. Lol.

So I guess I'll end up getting both versions, or well, the DS version whenever HL releases it, and hope that them, or someone else releases DS2BC next year.

Ghostlight shouldn't have released DS2 in the first place, almost everyone who'd be interested already has it.

Pooya

so when SMT4 is out and then after this one is out too, hopefully no port is left that I can tell right now, we will get Persona 5 news!!! amirite ? :(

Khrno

Thinking like this is probably why European fans continued to get screwed so hard. Lol.

I used to import games when I moved to Europe from America in 2001, because I couldn't stand waiting a year longer than Americans to get the games or to even get them at all.

But then I got used, games in the UK became cheaper than importing, so now I'll just deal with whatever is released here, and even if the 3DS is region locked, so far there haven't been many games released in America that haven't at least been announced over here.

No word yet about Soul Hackers tho, but going by this GL interview, they seem to have a few unannounced projects, so this might be one of them.

Ghostlight shouldn't have released DS2 in the first place, almost everyone who'd be interested already has it.

To be honest, I was (still am) waiting on DSO, since I heard on the 3DS version and that GL were picking it instead of the DS version, I thought on getting that and not bothering with an import since I didn't want to play the second game before the first one. I will be getting these two games and still hope for the 3DS port to be released next year.

Khrno

so when SMT4 is out and then after this one is out too, hopefully no port is left that I can tell right now, we will get Persona 5 news!!! amirite ? :(

I have a huge dilemma, what version of P3 is better: P3 FES or P3P? But I haven't been able to find an answer, so what I conclude was that I (everyone) need Persona 3 Vitable FES.

Also, I wouldn't mind a portable, modernized version of Nocturne, or simply just ports of the 3 SMT games to 3DS, so we can have all the main games on 3DS and all the Persona games on Vita, specially since the first 2 weren't released overseas.

Top Bottom