• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third - NoA Drops Plans For US Release (Unseen 64)

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Talked to some reviewers and they've told me it's pretty shit too. Kinda petty of NoA not to publish though.

Kouriozan

Failed the test.

Original_Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality_European_Custom.jpg

Discomurf

Well I guess there's a chance of XSeed distributing it. Sounds like the reviews are going to be pretty bad - bummer, the online modes looked like they could have been fun in a bad sort of way.

Zemm

This is the game they say no to on quality and not the dozen other turds they've released? Weird.

ironcreed

Banned
Well, now I feel even better about going ahead and dropping the Wii U. The writing is on the wall that it's over and this is just one less game to worry about.

This is why US has no Wii-U games

NoJ may not have a lot but they at least get everything.

NoA continues to hold US back

Game looked to be fun despite not looking AAA

sliiiiiidezsuoz.gif

KingBroly

Banned
What was that one quote again

a delayed game can eventually be good
a bad game will always be bad?

This is a game that's been in development in hell for as long as it's been announced due to THQ having financial trouble, the engine developers going under, etc.

DedValve

Banned
Talked to some reviewers and they've told me it's pretty shit too. Kinda petty of NoA not to publish though.

How is it petty? If the game really is as bad as reviewers and Nintendo themselves make it out to be and its less that its glitchy and more that the core design of the game itself is bad then yeah, I'd say its a completely fair move for Nintendo to not release it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I guess they couldn't produce some amiibo for it after all. Maybe Devil's Thirst for Amiibo Festival will be better.

Velcro Fly

NoA continues to be a constant embarrassment

EU and JP getting it

Can't get it on region locked game starved console in North America

Fucking Nintendo my wallet will tell you if the game is good or not.

I probably wasn't going to buy it anyway

The online population for this title was already going to be low, but now... holy shit.

As someone who wanted to play this game, I'm honestly not even upset anymore. I guess I'm happy to finally have some closure.

Like Disaster Day of Crisis it still looks so stupid as to be enjoyable.

I really enjoy janky Japanese hack and slash so it's always been super interesting to me.

Still really hope it comes over.

Mononoke

Banned
I mean, if the game is bad. I guess I don't want it. But I wish fans had a choice.

Can they not release it digitally on the e-shop? Or is that apart of them distancing themselves it? Don't really understand why they can't at least do a digital release....

:/

NotLiquid

It really seems like Nintendo were banking on the whole "developer legacy / cancelled project people were excited about" lightning to strike twice as per Bayonetta 2, but quietly shied away after it was clear that the game was sub par at best. It's no wonder no one bothered to pick it up before Nintendo stepped in - performance is one thing people might blame on it being shifted to the Wii U but the game itself doesn't even look good visually and the game play is apparently not even fun? The game is looking like a misfire on every level which is kind of tragic considering how long it's been in development hell. I have to ask what the hell happened with the development of the game and how Itagaki failed to live it up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can't say I'm surprised. Game looked like crap.
No idea why people were so excited...

I'm shocked it's apparently as bad as it's looked at every single showing.

Itakagi needs someone who believes in him behind his visions and Nintendo clearly weren't the right choice.

batbeg

why xseed?

They're the only company to ever release a Nintendo game in North America AFAIK. Did Doshin the Giant see an NA release too though?

On topic this makes me sad. NoA passed on Disaster Day of Crisis for the same reason and were so wrong about the quality. It is in fact my favorite Wii game. I prefer for us consumers to judge a game for quality though I can't fault them for running their business their own way.

NSESN

This is why US has no Wii-U games

NoJ may not have a lot but they at least get everything.

NoA continues to hold US back

Game looked to be fun despite not looking AAA

yep, NoA is too afraid of releasing games here, seriously NoA needs some drastic changes

Top Bottom