• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devolver Digital 2021 Online Showcase June 12th, teases Hotline Miami

Bartski

Gold Member
Devolver Digital will host its E3 2021 press conference on June 12 at 1:30 p.m. PT / 4:30 p.m. ET. You will be able to watch it on Twitch.

The broadcast will feature five new game reveals from developers including Flying Wild Hog, Galvanic Games, and Doinksoft, as well as release date announcements for Phantom Abyss and Death’s Door.

Twitch LIVE:

Youtube LIVE:
summer game fest co-stream after UbiSoft Forward

promos:

hGANC7i.jpg

Super Troopers Reaction GIF by Searchlight Pictures

AKbahA9.jpg

Last edited:
Hell yeah!

Same with me. Who are your favorite artists?

List of mine.

-Carpenter Brut
-Perturbator
-Dance with the Dead
-Tokyo Rose
-Gunship
-Megadrive

From the game? Those listed but Carpenter Brut specifically is the best. You should play Furi if you havent :).

TwistedSyn

From the game? Those listed but Carpenter Brut specifically is the best. You should play Furi if you havent :).
Synth artists in general. After playing Hotline Miami I became hooked on the genre since anything Rock now has basically gone pop. Thanks Imagine Dragon!
I have played Furi. Great OST as well.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Dude, I swear to god if we got more Hotline Miami I'd lose my shit so hard, haha.

I thought that Dennaton were pretty upfront about not making anymore Hotline Miami?
I wouldn't complain though.
At one point I think that may have been the case, but maybe a break was just required. I mean, At one point even Edmund McMillan said the same thing about Binding of Isaac, haha.

I just want to believe.

Last edited:

junguler

Banned
i would love a hotline miami 3, never got the criticism of 2 being just more of the first game, that's exactly why it was awesome.

reksveks

Release date announcements for phantom abyss and death's door

I don't tend to give money to people who actively hate my existence.
I realize this is getting off track for the purpose of the thread, but I highly doubt anyone gives a shit at the company that you're a straight white guy.

Hell, I've completely forgotten the existence of Feminist Frequency until today. You're putting far too much weight into this. Honestly I don't see any difference between your declaration at Devolver Digital and anyone else on social media making a statement about big oil/food/clothing/whatever cause they did X, Y, and Z. They seem better than most publishers and certainly have the games under their belt to boot.

jaysius

Banned
Hotline Miami 1 was amazing, 2 they fucked it up, they didn't really know how to evolve it in a smart way, so it ended up dragging in the middle and sucking in the end.

shocked golden retriever GIF

Killer8

I realize this is getting off track for the purpose of the thread, but I highly doubt anyone gives a shit at the company that you're a straight white guy.

Hell, I've completely forgotten the existence of Feminist Frequency until today. You're putting far too much weight into this. Honestly I don't see any difference between your declaration at Devolver Digital and anyone else on social media making a statement about big oil/food/clothing/whatever cause they did X, Y, and Z. They seem better than most publishers and certainly have the games under their belt to boot.

I'm not such a firebrand that i'll stop giving money to a company that does anything I dislike - otherwise i'd play zero games. For example, if a company puts out a statement saying they're standing for equality, or slaps an LGBT flag on their logo, I ignore it because often (as has been pointed out a lot), it's just posturing that doesn't really do anything. Let the gays have their month, I don't really care.

However, Feminist Frequency is very specifically awful. They have poisoned the well for years with dishonesty and helped provide a foot in the door for a lot of the feminist "muh Gamergate", "gamers are sexist", "gamers are Nazis" etc. bullshit that we still see today. It's the very same sort of ideological nonsense that eventually caused this forum to splinter apart into Resetera. Devolver giving money to a group like that is a step above your typical corporate posturing. It's an endorsement of what they stand for. Again, I don't give money to people who've shit on me for literally the last decade.

Also spare me the "you're just doing the same thing!" spiel. I gave up any pretense of trying to act somehow above these people a long time ago. If they want to sling mud, sling it back harder. Don't give up on principles because "c'mon man they have some cool games!!" That's pathetic.

I'm not such a firebrand that i'll stop giving money to a company that does anything I dislike - otherwise i'd play zero games. For example, if a company puts out a statement saying they're standing for equality, or slaps an LGBT flag on their logo, I ignore it because often (as has been pointed out a lot), it's just posturing that doesn't really do anything. Let the gays have their month, I don't really care.

However, Feminist Frequency is very specifically awful. They have poisoned the well for years with dishonesty and helped provide a foot in the door for a lot of the feminist "muh Gamergate", "gamers are sexist", "gamers are Nazis" etc. bullshit that we still see today. It's the very same sort of ideological nonsense that eventually caused this forum to splinter apart into Resetera. Devolver giving money to a group like that is a step above your typical corporate posturing. It's an endorsement of what they stand for. Again, I don't give money to people who've shit on me for literally the last decade.

Also spare me the "you're just doing the same thing!" spiel. I gave up any pretense of trying to act somehow above these people a long time ago. If they want to sling mud, sling it back harder. Don't give up on principles because "c'mon man they have some cool games!!" That's pathetic.
I get where you're coming from, especially as it relates to this site, but I can only shrug 🤷‍♂️.

Kagey K

Banned
I don’t even watch this stream for the games, I watch for the storyline. 🤣

I really miss the 12 hour Twitch streams they did after Devolver. They were fucked up and fun.

Foilz

Banned
That entire intro was for their version of game pass? I want to shoot every person in that video

Kagey K

Banned
That entire intro was for their version of game pass? I want to shoot every person in that video
Yeah, you pay nothing for the opportunity to pay a premium price for games in the service.

I take it you missed the joke?

Edit: I really like the song they used for Wizard with a Gun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom