• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: [1440p/4K] Star Wars Battlefront 2 PC Ultra Settings First Look!

Article: Star Wars Battlefront 2 takes Frostbite tech to the next level
Electronic Arts' continuing investment in its talented Frostbite team continues to pay dividends. We played a few rounds of Star Wars Battlefront 2 in the wake of the EA Play event, and initial impressions are very positive - this is an exceptionally beautiful game.

At this point, there's a very strong argument that this might just be the most impressive-looking Frostbite title we've seen - no mean feat bearing in mind that developer DICE is once again targeting that crucial 60fps target frame-rate, while BioWare's Anthem gives us some impression of what this revised technology can do when targeting 30Hz. At the time of writing, we've not seen console code, but our hands-on session was hosted on a high-end PC running Nvidia's GTX 1080 (the non Ti version). Quality settings were locked at default to ultra, meaning that this is peak Battlefront 2, at this point in development at least.

Video.
Here's an initial look at the fully maxed Star Wars Battlefront 2 running on PC. We've got both 1440p and 4K video here, so let's dig in!

KHlover

Banned
The fact that frostbite games look as well as they do while delivering the kind of performance they do is incredible.

Raide

Close indication to Xbox One X. Game looks a load of fun. More interesting to me than the first one was.

MilkyJoe

Looks good, but when they are in the palace and there is furniture with dust covers over it... What is this? Star Wars or Poldark?

Luigiv

Looks like an Atari game.

Well here's a screengrab from the video. Are you seriously telling me this looks like an Atari game?

6gTniMe.jpg

Joey Ravn

Banned
That looks astonishingly good. There's quite a lot of pop-in when they are flying at the beginning of the video, but other than that, it's amazing. Oh, and a background dude running through a column at 1:20 :p

Too bad I'm so burned out with everything concerning Star Wars...

Edit: I just realized that this is labeled "Pre-Alpha Build". What the hell is pre-alpha in this context? The game is fully functional and, graphically, it looks much better than 99% of all realistic games so far.

hesido

That looks astonishingly good. There's quite a lot of pop-in when they are flying at the beginning of the video, but other than that, it's amazing. Oh, and a background dude running through a column at 1:20 :p

Too bad I'm so burned out with everything concerning Star Wars...

Edit: I just realized that this is labeled "Pre-Alpha Build". What the hell is pre-alpha in this context? The game is fully functional and, graphically, it looks much better than 99% of all realistic games so far.

The pre-alpha build is because of the dude running through the column :)

Voidwolf

Man this looks incredible, I'm probably gonna upgrade my pc or build a new one altogether in the next few months. This game is the perfect excuse to do so.

Kareha

It looks nice, but then Id turn off all the shiny crap as it gets in the way of seeing people most of the time.

jelly

Don't know if it's just the map but the draw in/LOD is pretty obvious. Maybe not notice if I'm playing myself but I can't not see it in this game at the moment.

ekim

I think the outdoor environment in the video looks boring and kind of bland. Can't put my finger on it but I think its the geometry and architecture. Looks empty and square.

Shikoba

Looks great, but I'll be sticking with PS4 again. My pc experience was filled with hackers and an ever shrinking community. Have they said anything in regards to PS4 pro support?

I think the outdoor environment in the video looks boring and kind of bland. Can't put my finger on it but I think its the geometry and architecture. Looks empty and square.
Don't blame DICE for that, they're just recreating the look of Theed from The Phantom Menace.

Technically this game looks astounding, but that split screen has me on the PS4 train

WillyFive

It's probably actually a late beta, but marketing dictates it should be called Pre-Alpha so that it looks more impressive and fits with what they have been telling consumers for the past few years (where a 'beta' is actually just a pre-release demo and 'alpha' is actually the beta).

It is very faithful to the original miniatures.

48962-theed.jpg

Top Bottom