• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

DF: Battlefield 1 Multiplayer PS4 Pro vs PS4 Gameplay Stress Tests

Equanimity

Jun 20, 2015
London
Whelp .. it's not a rock solid 60 but it's still a huge improvement in performance while running at a higher resolution.

Good all around.

Yep. Pro is has a huge boost in frame-rate and resolution over the base model. Plus it has additional graphical features.

OldRoutes

Jul 31, 2013
I can't watch the video right now and I'm a bit behind news-wise, but was there an official statement on those performance enhancement for multiplayer?

Would it make it unfair for PS4 users to play against PS4 Pro users, for example?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oct 29, 2006
The performance increase is actually quite a bit larger than I was expecting. Very nice.

Kralamoonard

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Is it just the conquest 64 player mode that has dips? I assume TDM and other game modes don't? I say this because my experience with BF4 was mostly Rush and TDM due to how unstable Conquest was, so I'm hoping it's the same here.

ManUnkindH

Feb 23, 2015
So is this test made with the patch they released today or pre-patch? Can't watch the video right now.

bombshell

Oct 23, 2013
I can't watch the video right now and I'm a bit behind news-wise, but was there an official statement on those performance enhancement for multiplayer?

Would it make it unfair for PS4 users to play against PS4 Pro users, for example?

Target framerate is the same, so no.

-griffy-

Banned
Apr 14, 2012
Twin Cities

Both versions target 60, Pro is just better at maintaining that target.

Equanimity

Jun 20, 2015
London
Is it just the conquest 64 player mode that has dips? I assume TDM and other game modes don't? I say this because my experience with BF4 was mostly Rush and TDM due to how unstable Conquest was, so I'm hoping it's the same here.

I haven't noticed any frame-rate issues on TDM, Rush or Domination.

Floex

Dec 17, 2011
Yes, this is great news but this going to change MP for OG PS4 players. From the get go you'll be at a disadvantage

bananafactory

Banned
Nov 6, 2013
Yes, this is great news but this going to change MP for OG PS4 players. From the get go you'll be at a disadvantage

Your framerate already varies depending where you are on the map and what effects are on your screen. Even on the same system

-griffy-

Banned
Apr 14, 2012
Twin Cities
yeah, this is extremely important, did they say anything in the video about the patch?

It presumably doesn't, patch just hit today and the video went up minutes ago. Recording, editing and analyzing the footage wouldn't have gotten done just in this morning.

SeeNoWeevil

Jan 11, 2015
The Pro must be severely CPU limited otherwise it makes zero sense to be downsampling when you're not hitting your target framerate.

Jan 14, 2014
So you can get past the same performance cert issue by saying it 'targets' a certain framerate, even if the Pro version performance is always better? Weird, but okay.

jelly

Oct 14, 2013
Why are we still saluting DICE for inconsistent and low multiplayer performance?

Sure the game looks nice but if you are targeting 60fps, shouldn't we be applauding them when it's a consistent 60fps.

Equanimity

Jun 20, 2015
London
what are the additional graphical features? In MP or just SP?

I assume the upgrade in graphical features from SP would carry over to the MP as well.

- Increased alpha effects
- Texture details locked at high, upgrade from base PS4
- Terrain quality gets upgrade from base PS4