• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Breath of the Wild Patch 1.1.1 Framerate Test

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Nice, but could still use more improvements. I am still getting freezes during Moblin fights on occasion.

Freezes, like straight up crashes? Or just temporary?

there's a glitch separate from the regular slowdown where moblin fights sometimes cause brief freezes (like half a second or a second in most cases, sometimes longer).

gaf's amateur diagnosis was something with their ragdoll animations going wrong cause it seems to mainly happen when they die and fall down. kill a bunch of moblins on a variety of terrain if you want to see it. happened to me for the first time on the way up a certain mountain to a certain divine beast.

Glad to get confirmation, but I think it was pretty clear there were improvements. Hopefully, we see even further improvements as I still think they could optimize it further and get it to a locked 30fps on Switch.

TI82

Banned
Nice, I was fine with the regular framerate seeing as how it's the first big game on new portable hardware so any improvement is good.

there's a glitch separate from the regular slowdown where moblin fights sometimes cause brief freezes (like half a second or a second in most cases, sometimes longer).

gaf's amateur diagnosis was something with their ragdoll animations going wrong cause it seems to mainly happen when they die and fall down.
I've been lucky then, haven't seen it so far. Hope they can sort out whatever that is.

Great improvements. I doubt Nintendo is going to further improve performance from here, which is fine. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see another performance patch though.

Kyne

man..

the other night I got struck by lightning while there was fire around (near a stable) and the game literally dropped to less than 1FPS. I had to load an autosave to get out of it.

hopefully this improves crashes like that.

random25

Pretty much confirms the earlier observations we had when receiving the patch. Playing mostly on undocked mode, the performance is much smoother without downgrading the graphical elements.

And they confirmed no downgrades. Maybe people will finally stop the narrative that they changed anything.

I know. People are dead set on that one.

That one silly-goose said it wasn't possible to improve framerate without lowering graphical details lol.

Looking forward to future optimization patches for this game, especially for Switch. I've noticed improvements playing in Docked mode, seems smoother.

Keyouta

I've had up to 5 second freezes on moblin ragdolls in death mountain, while playing in portable mode. They've improved since but I hope it can be eliminated.

Damn good patch.

I know it's probably a somewhat controversial opinion, but they should update the dynamic resolution scaling on Switch docked so that the floor is 720p, rather than 810p. Would further alleviate the frame rate issues and I don't think the further drop would be that bad, and given how well performance has been improved it's not like we'll see it too often.

Of course, if they can eke out a perfect 30fps without doing so, even better.

-shadow-

Kakariko
and
Korok

They both begin with K. The village is relatively early on, and I suspect you've been there. The forest is much further down the line.
Thanks, I'll watch until the forest comes on.

Edit: watched the video until the forest. Game still runs with a double buffered v-sync? I truly thought they had changed it which resulted in a better framerate.

Col.Asher

I've had the moblin glitch first show up 50 hours in the game. I wonder if it is the rag doll physics or the game loading in their monster parts? Maybe both?

Yeah, that's huge. Too bad they haven't been able to squeeze more out of the Wii U version, but then looking at the game I think it's quite an accomplishment that it runs as good as it does. Really shows the performance gap between the systems though.

Top Bottom