Unreal Engine 5? PlayStation 5? It's real, it's happening, and it's simply amazing. Alex Battaglia and John Linneman sit down to discuss the phenomenal new technology.
Note: The PS5 UE5 tech demo runs with dynamic resolution scaling and temporal upsampling. Typical rendering resolution is 1440p but it does vary. Read more in Rich's web article, with more detailed info direct from Epic Games: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...xt-gen-unreal-engine-running-on-playstation-5
We've spent a long time poring over a range of 3840x2160 uncompressed PNG screenshots supplied by the firm. They defy pixel-counting, with resolution as a metric pretty much as meaningless as it is for, say, a Blu-ray movie. But temporal accumulation does so much more for UE5 than just anti-aliasing or image reconstruction - it underpins the Lumen GI system.
- “Lumen in the Land of Nanite,” a real-time demo running live on PlayStation 5
- John mention this is kinda of they normally looking for next gen
- New tech bases
- Two new technologys: Nanite and Lumen
- Lumen is a fully dynamic global illumination solution that immediately reacts to scene and light changes
- While Nanite virtualized micropolygon geometry frees artists to create as much geometric detail as the eye can see
- John answer 'why' this is next gen
- You can import row data.
- 'The ideia is you can import super high detail model direct to the Unreal Engine 5'
- REYES (Renders Everything You Ever Saw)