• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Dragon Quest XI on Switch

Fake

Yes, we're late to the party here - so thanks for all of the requests! This isn't a Switch classic, but judged in terms of its status as a multi-platform conversion, it's exceptionally impressive work. Join D dark10x for an in-depth breakdown on how Square-Enix brought a game that already taxed PlayStation 4 onto Nintendo's console hybrid while maintaining an remarkable level of quality and performance.

Summary
- Comparison between Switch while dock or portable and both base PS4 and PRO
- Base PS4 run at fixed 900p as well know.
- Nintendo Switch use different approach: Dynamic resolution for both docked and portable
- While dock, the game runs at dynamic resolution and may vary between a range of resolutions.
- 1280x720, 1408x792, 1440x810 with can go beyond or lower than that.
- Level detail was reduce in comparison with base PS4. Some less polygonal edges spoted in cutscenes. (4:00)
- Reduce of object loading distance and texture too.
- Besides the compromisses, the game runs at 30 fps just like the base PS4 most of the time with some dips, but still very stable.
- A very range of additional features was included.
- You can choise english or japanese dub.
- Orchestrated music add.
- You can play as the original Dragon Quest style using 8bit mode.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I guess its another ultra mega impossible miracle switch port in resolution of ps2?
great shitpost cheers

tenor.gif

It looks great on Switch lite, on regular switch it’s a bit blurry IMO.

The “impossible” ports really shine on Switch Lite’s higher density display. The games go from looking Vaseline-smeared to just slightly blurry.

ethomaz

Banned
IMO the best game launched in 2017/2018.
Some addiction on Switch made it worst but I can't complain because it looks to be a solid port.

For these that are still in the fence... it is one of the best JRPGs made in this decade.
Deserves do be played for anybody that likes the genre.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Its an impressive game, both visually and overall. And this port color me surprised. I'm just sad that the PS4 version don't have orchestraded music.

Gamefreak should learn alot from this game, and also its dicksucking fans who praise that disgusting visuals. They are decades behind a port.

Last edited:

Fbh

Great port but I'll continue to wait for a possible enhanced edition on Ps4/PC.

One of the big reasons this caught my attention despite having never been into this franchise is how nice it looks. While the Switch conversion is definitely impressive given the hardware, the visual difference is massive IMO

Last edited:
Geez I really enjoyed this on PS4. I almost didn't bite because my previous DQ experiences were such grindfests, but I played it with the attitude of rushing ahead and not lingering in any one place and I had an amazing time. It made the boss fights more challenging and it still was a huge engrossing adventure, despite my rushing around. Well more like two huge engrossing adventures.

RPGCrazied

Kinda late, but finally. I stopped playing it. I'm in act 2. I'm playing other games just coming out. Will return at some point.

And it runs pretty okay. Its clear though that graphics were toned down. Still run fine with honestly no framerate issue.

Top Bottom