Dying Ligh had never been updated for PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, so this is the first enhanced version we can play on consoles.
- There are FIVE modes:
1. PS5 and Series X get a 1080p@60fps mode.
2. A Balanced 1440p@60fps for PS5 and Series X too.
3. A High Resolution 4K@30fps for the premium consoles.
4. Series S and One X get a 1080p@30fps mode.
5. The High Resolution mode on Series S and One X is 1440p@30fps (so no 60 fps mode for these consoles).
PS4 Pro is left with the same 1080p@30fps cap.
- Only visual changes apart from resolution are DoF and AO.
- The motion blur present in base consoles has been reduced in 4K@30fps on PS5 and Series X. It seems to be related to rendering resolution.
- Performance is very good and it's very challenge to get the new versions to dip at all.
They recommend the 1440p@60fps mode.