• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS5 Upgrades Tested

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Performance is 60fps on PS5 in BC, so yeah you can.

You can get 4KCB/60 frames, haptic feedback and the other (meager) enhancements using the base PS4 version? Well then charging 10 bucks for the upgrade is even more of a scam!

jailbait GIF by South Park

I'm always sitting when browsing this forum. What're you implying?

Mr Moose

You can get 4KCB/60 frames, haptic feedback and the other (meager) enhancements using the base PS4 version? Well then charging 10 bucks for the upgrade is even more of a scam!

I'm always sitting when browsing this forum. What're you implying?
You said performance. If you want the other stuff, you pay the extra, if it's not worth it for you, you don't and play the PS4 version on PS5 in 60fps or don't buy it at all.

dEvAnGeL

I paid the $10, love the controller feedback, game looks cleaner on my 65 oled with the 4k CB.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
You said performance. If you want the other stuff, you pay the extra, if it's not worth it for you, you don't and play the PS4 version on PS5 in 60fps or don't buy it at all.

The game objectively performs better with the upgrade in terms of frame rate, resolution and load times. You can get 60 frames on PS4 code? Great. You are able to get better if you're willing to pay for it.

. . .why is this even being argued?

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
So where is the 10$ PS5 Upgrade or the 30$ PS4 to PS5 Direktos Cut upgrade?
I can only find the full DC PS5 Version and the 20$ PS4 Directors Upgrade on PSN.

You have to insert the PS4 game disc first, then you'll get the $10 PS5 upgrade option.

I found the whole upgrade process fucking confusion. After buying the expansion for the PS4 and then PS5 upgrade I still hadn't unlocked the expansion ingame. Closing and restarting GoT did nothing. It only worked when I logged into playstation.com on the PC, went to the Games Library and downloaded the GoT Bonus Content to the PS5 from there. When the bonus content had downloaded, I finally got the popup saying I now had additional missions.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The game objectively performs better with the upgrade in terms of frame rate, resolution and load times. You can get 60 frames on PS4 code? Great. You are able to get better if you're willing to pay for it.

. . .why is this even being argued?

The native PS5 version is still a meager upgrade compared to the PS4 game running on the PS5 in BC mode. If even DF complains about the lacking visual upgrades, you know it's poor value for money. Haptic feedback is not worth 10 euro.

TonyK

I just purchased the PS5 upgrade. I need to say that I started playing it in PS5 with the free upgrade a few months ago and I didn't like it visually too much because it looked too blurry for my tastes. But with this new upgrade... now it's crisp, perfect, it looks amazing.

I didn't notice the difference in the DF video but in direct gameplay (I play in a 65" LG CX oled) the improve is clearly visible at first sight.

KAL2006

Banned
Price is a ripp off I can wait. I've always waited for game sales regardless. I picked up Spiderman for the first time with the Remastered edition for £20. Will grab Miles Morales down the line for under £10 in a year or 2. I love being LTTP, still haven't bought Death Stranding or Last of Us 2 yet either. Played and finished God of War around the time the 60fps patch. Played Ratchet remake from Plus collection with the 60fps patch and just started Control Ultimate Edition for PS5 thanks to the free Plus version. Gaming hasn't been this cheap for me, being a few years behind games honestly is the best.

Gamerguy84

Price is a ripp off I can wait. I've always waited for game sales regardless. I picked up Spiderman for the first time with the Remastered edition for £20. Will grab Miles Morales down the line for under £10 in a year or 2. I love being LTTP, still haven't bought Death Stranding or Last of Us 2 yet either. Played and finished God of War around the time the 60fps patch. Played Ratchet remake from Plus collection with the 60fps patch and just started Control Ultimate Edition for PS5 thanks to the free Plus version. Gaming hasn't been this cheap for me, being a few years behind games honestly is the best.

I tend to do the same. There are a few big hitters ill buy day one but i definitely wait for most.

I just bought DOOM ETERNAL for $15.00

Some of us have sold the game age's ago, so would be buying the game outright again. I couldn't care less about multiplayer or Japanese lip sync, I just want new story content but not for £70 with minimal upgrades.

(I found physical for £58) but still 😒.
If you don't care for Japanese Lip Sync and the other upgrade you can Always buy the Ps4 version of the Directory Cut and play It in retrocompatibility or buy a second hands copy of the originale GOT and then the Ps4 DLC for $19.99 . You cannot reasonably expect to play a DLC if you no longer possess the base game

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
If you don't care for Japanese Lip Sync and the other upgrade you can Always buy the Ps4 version of the Directory Cut and play It in retrocompatibility or buy a second hands copy of the originale GOT and then the Ps4 DLC for $19.99 . You cannot reasonably expect to play a DLC if you no longer possess the base game
Where did I say I wanted DLC without buying the base game? If I own a ps5 why would I want a down graded visual treat?

Only Fools And Horses Today GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That's part of the problem as you can't buy the upgrade without the expansion.

As far as being too young, get that ish out of here. PS5 has been all over the place with upgrades:

Of what I own:

-Final Fantasy VII (free)
-Nioh ($49.99)
-Nioh 2 (free)

-THPS 1+2 HD Deluxe (free)
-Saints Row The Third (free)
-Final Fantasy XIV (free)
-No Man's SKy (free)
-Subnautica (free)
-Yakuza: Like a Dragon (free)
-Judgment ($39.99)
-Spider-Man (Forced bundle in Miles Morales $69.99)

Up Coming:

-Tsushima (Forced Bundle to DC $29.99)
-Cyberpunk 2077 (free)
-Witcher 3 (free)
-Death Stranding ($9.99)

So you've got free upgrades, minimal upgrades, mid tier priced upgrades, damned near full priced upgrades and forced bundle upgrades. Sony Published games in that list (bolded) have no consistency to how they are being offered.
Looks likes games linked to Sony usually have a paid upgrade.

Where did I say I wanted DLC without buying the base game? If I own a ps5 why would I want a down graded visual treat?

Only Fools And Horses Today GIF
You lamented that somebody have already sold the base game and now they should buy It again, as if this was somewhat a peculiarity of this game and not the norm. You declared of being only interest in new story content and that you consider the upgrade "minimal". So how It has become a significant downgrade?

assurdum

Banned
Paid upgrades don't really bother me. The lack of consistency to how Sony offers upgrades certainly does.
Well now it's the first game which such lazy effort in the paid upgrade . Hope it's not a trend but isn't it surely the sony common practice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom