• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Halo Infinite PC Tech Review: Xbox Series X vs PC + Best Settings + Performance Analysis

GHG

Gold Member
Can someone help me understand just why the fuck Alex is comparing an 8 tflops 2060 super with a 12 tflops xsx in a game that doesnt have ray tracing?

timestamped:

Am I going insane here or is he saying that the 2060 super should be performing like the xsx? He of all people should know that the xsx is roughly equivalent to 2080 in standard rasterization. Because MS told them about the Gears 5 xsx and PC benchmarks. Several games since then, especially AMD sponsored games perform even better than the 2080.

I dont know. I really dont like this bs subliminal messaging. This is not the first time. He's resorted to using 2060 Super in many console comparisons recently even those without ray tracing features. It makes zero fucking sense. Get that GPU outta there and use a 2080 or 2080 Super.

He put his foot in his mouth pre release:

EjkL6SVXsAEjlT3

EjkL8wiWAAAUSVi

Instead of admitting he was wrong he's now doubling down.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
He put his foot in his mouth pre release:

EjkL6SVXsAEjlT3

EjkL8wiWAAAUSVi

Instead of admitting he was wrong he's now doubling down.
Wow fuck this guy. Absolute fucking horseshit. His own tests show ps5 performing like 2080 super in amd sponsored games and around 2070 super in other non rt games.

I’m assuming those posts are a year old and he’s still sticking with this nonsense? What a fanboy.

Md Ray

It looks like 343 is in bed with AMD on this one, so likely no DLSS. (that info is an assumption per the video stating RT is coming via AMD in a future update)
You're right. Would have liked to see FSR at least then.

Horizon Zero Dawn just got an update and it brought both DLSS and FSR to the game, and it was also an AMD sponsored title.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Can anyone provide a summary? Quality modes vs Performance modes on Series X, mainly. Is there consistency in the frame rates? Are we looking at locked 60/120FPS in campaign?

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
So 343 showed the finger to Nvidia owners. That's for shame but not unexpected.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It blows my mind that the God of War PC version will have DLSS support at launch, while Halo Infinite doesn’t. I thought PC was to be considered a part of the Xbox ecosystem?
Why? GOW is a port made years after the console release.. its a totally different scenario.
But I do wonder if MS will leverage ID to make halos engine in the future ..

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Unreal how R&C looks. It coming out within the first year of a consoles life is quite a feat.

Halo Infinite obviously isn't going to be able reach those levels, since it's held back by various platforms, but its looks a lot better than it did a year ago at least. To me it looks like Halo, which is all I wanted.
I was thinking the same thing as you when they revealed Halo's gameplay but seeing Horizon be it Forza or Forbidden west they seem to have nailed it.
But i do think that of course cross gen games are easier to do when developping for 3 platforms than for 7 to 8 for multiplat games.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
You're right. Would have liked to see FSR at least then.

Horizon Zero Dawn just got an update and it brought both DLSS and FSR to the game, and it was also an AMD sponsored title.
Well to be honest, Zero Dawn, was done with same deal and it recently received DLSS, so might be chance.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Wow fuck this guy. Absolute fucking horseshit. His own tests show ps5 performing like 2080 super in amd sponsored games and around 2070 super in other non rt games.

I’m assuming those posts are a year old and he’s still sticking with this nonsense? What a fanboy.
Wll atleast now he acknowledges that ps5 can do RT, so he is proggressing, albeit slowly.....Very slowly.

hlm666

Why wouldn't he be testing the 2060, it's nvidias next gpu launch.

I can't answer why, I don't even really want to know why.

Shmunter

While it’s impossible to ever prove, I’m almost certain DF is secretly sponsored nvidia.

SlimySnake

Can anyone provide a summary? Quality modes vs Performance modes on Series X, mainly. Is there consistency in the frame rates? Are we looking at locked 60/120FPS in campaign?
Performance is 120 fps. Quality is 4k 60 fps. Performance mode stays in the 100 fps range. Don’t Play that mode.

For now anyway.

The XSX/PS5 perform like a 2080s in games which favour AMD over Nvidia, like a 2070s in games that don't favor either, and like a 2060s in games that favor Nvidia over AMD.

He should use a 2070s.

SlimySnake

Snake!!! Thank you. So a fairly locked 60FPS in quality I’m assuming?
Yep. they use DRS in that mode so they end up dropping resolution instead of frames. its by far the most stable version.

I am dreading downloading this on PC because apparently DRS doesnt work as well on there.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yep. they use DRS in that mode so they end up dropping resolution instead of frames. its by far the most stable version.

I am dreading downloading this on PC because apparently DRS doesnt work as well on there.
I forgot you don’t have a series X :(

Did that Alex guy compare the 2060S with Series X? 2060s cant even hold 60 in 1440p, xbox is almost locked 60 at almost constantly 2160p. What a moron. Delta beetween 1440p and 2160p is 80 to 95% Performance in most Games on my Pc. So even at the lowest dsr bound series x is faster than an heavy overclocked 2080 Super thath thing takes 1500+ on the memory. Insane for an APU. If amd would sell that on desktop.........

Top Bottom