• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically coming from you crying in the spec thread calling df "woodeyes".... whatever tf thats supposed to mean lol
More projecting.
Sad Cartoon GIF

There was a link with short wiki description for the meaning.
That's is clearly my opinion of DF for a longer time.

sircaw

Banned
Don't care for biased people pretending to be unbiased. Just does the console war pandering.

I must admit it i must be missing it, in the last videos that i watched from him he is heard several times praising the xbox x and saying what an excellent piece of hardware it is.

HoofHearted

I don't know why I keep looking at threads like this but I just can't help it. I legit can't anymore tell who is trolling and who is just crazy.

It did introduce me to King Thrash whose video really was one of the most gripping and well researched exposés of modern times.

Threads like these are purely popcorn material ..

Pages and pages of constant thrash and nitpicks over very specific areas, with minor actual impact to the whole experience, of these cross-gen games at 800% zoom or a FPS "blip".

At the end of the day - data is data - at least in this particular game, there is a clear overall performance difference between the consoles. You either accept and believe the data or not.

It will be interesting to see if the other typical YT comparison channels often referenced here confirm and support DF's analysis....

sircaw

Banned
I don't know why I keep looking at threads like this but I just can't help it. I legit can't tell anymore who is trolling and who is just crazy.

It did introduce me to King Thrash whose video really was one of the most gripping and well researched exposés of modern times.

You want your mind blown, wait till you find one of DarkMage619 DarkMage619 posts stating Dealer and Eastwood are credible people.

I love you DarkMage619 DarkMage619 :messenger_heart: "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
So DF's Eagle eyes has returned in Hitman 3. It could easily see shadows being better on Xbox, but can't see any inconsistencies and worse reflections on Xbox vs PS5. PS5 runs a smooth 60fps, but clearly resolution is more important now when a higher framerate at 120fps in dirt at a lower resolution and effects/settings was preferred.

Watching the video it's quite revelatory that Tom et al says they won't sacrifice resolution for dips through out the flower fields and dips in the 40's through scope etc..., but he had an aneurysm when TLOUR fell briefly to 50fps during the bloated fight.

What is clear is that Xbox struggles with high alpha and distant details, it's not the first game we've seen Xbox struggle with higher draw calls and alpha vs PS5. Better gun flash and smoke effects in COD, struggling to cope with a camera that spans and zooms out encapsulating larger crowds in NBA 2K etc...

Expect a patch giving PS5 a 4k native mode that will drop less vs Xbox in those high alpha scenes, along with the 1800p locked 60fps mode.

Im awaiting other analyses on this as reflection and many other differences were obfuscated in this analysis minus those which favored Xbox, we need a complete picture instead of one that is one side. The title of the video alone is indicative enough. Tom is still surprised PS5 is hitting a solid 60fps after all the face off which came before. We need more data and a keener eye for detail on this one.
You mean you need a picture that favours your favourite piece of plastic over the other one?

Wont we need another analysis of that analysis because surely if the new analysis favours your piece of plastic then, based off your logic, we need a complete picture instead of one thats one sided.

Kagey K

Banned
You mean you need a picture that favours your favourite piece of plastic over the other one?

Wont we need another analysis of that analysis because surely if the new analysis favours your piece of plastic then, based off your logic, we need a complete picture instead of one thats one sided.
I don’t like what I’m seeing and hearing, so I’m going to wait until somebody tells me what I want to hear before I believe it.

TheZink

Anyone else on a series X find this game to look washed out? I have calibrated my TV in settings a few different ways and it still just looks washed out

sircaw

Banned
Anyone else on a series X find this game to look washed out? I have calibrated my TV in settings a few different ways and it still just looks washed out

YOU GOT A BAD TV YOU FUD SPREADER, ask Riky Riky for help on expensive TVs, he knows a guy.

Peace
xxxx

P.s please don't be offended and take this seriously ffs "lollipop_disappointed:

assurdum

Banned
lol at anyone still having hope the ps5 is more powerful.
series x has 2-3tf more raw compute, more bandwidth,faster cpu, and a more advanced rdna chipset.
the performance difference is going to be huge.
All that power used in a single game. All the other developers should be total incompetent.

Last edited:
I asked a simple question dude, this is not Reset error, if you were somehow offended or took offence at that starting post of mine, i don't know what to say.

that seems very very extreme.
I'm not offended. You can't ask a question plus put a little bit of your own bullshit in there and then wonder why people are jumping on you. You didn't simply ask a question or wonder.

Put it this way
I'm not racist but.......
If you then follow up with something racist and people say hey that shits racist, would you wonder why people are calling you racist?

sircaw

Banned
I'm not offended. You can't ask a question plus put a little bit of your own bullshit in there and then wonder why people are jumping on you. You didn't simply ask a question or wonder.

Put it this way
I'm not racist but.......
If you then follow up with something racist and people say hey that shits racist, would you wonder why people are calling you racist?
Like i said i don't really follow what your being upset at, can you link the comment that has offended you and the other xbox people so much from my opening remarks?

Cos i am not seeing it. My point of view if the shadows were missing in the video comparison, that tells me there has to be a reason, as in a sacrifice somewhere else, i have watched many digital foundry videos over the years and they have even used those remarks in there analysis, so i don't understand how this as insulting.

Are you sure you're not just trying to fabricate something here to be offended about, cos it sounds ridiculous if you were offended by that remark?

Allandor

King Trash video brings up good points like the particle effects and wtf is going on with the reflections on the SX here:

how many times is that still linked here.
He doesn't make his own framerate-tests. His video is based on another video which author already stated that the framerate test was broken. The source video is also already down.
And the reflections ... just read the a few comments above (or go one page back)

Or simple rule:
Don't post videos of people, who have an opinion of the result, before they have verified or at least checked the result.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

how many times is that still linked here.
He doesn't make his own framerate-tests. His video is based on another video which author already stated that the framerate test was broken. The source video is also already down.
And the reflections ... just read the a few comments above (or go one page back)

Or simple rule:
Don't post videos of people, who have an opinion of the result, before they have verified or at least checked the result.
This is the way of the world now, atleast internet world

no one cares about the facts, if they see something that validates their views they will like it and share it without giving it a second of thought

M16

All that power used in a single game. All the other developers should be total incompetent.
i never called them incompetent. launch games,late tools means devs dont have enough time to incorporate all the features,especially lower level stuff in their engines.everything is bruteforced and not fully optimized for that platform. we are starting to see what a few months time allows devs to tap more into these features, and its starting to show.

assurdum

Banned
i never called them incompetent. launch games,late tools means devs dont have enough time to incorporate all the features,especially lower level stuff in their engines.everything is bruteforced and not fully optimized for that platform. we are starting to see what a few months time allows devs to tap more into these features, and its starting to show.
Launch games have issue on ps5 too. You should ask to you why Hitman 3 it's the only game which such gap compared the series X when even the 2070/5700XT can handle it in ultra setting in 4k with an average of 57-56 FPS respectively.

Last edited:

NXGamer

Him and his army of 9k subscribers. Maybe him and nx can get together and it'll be a whopping 59k. Almost catching up to df's 1 million lol.

These trolls will post anything that pushes their stupid narrative. Just like a "joe miller". Pretty sure its someone from the spec threads twitter.
You sound "Concerned" can you share the reasons?

Don't care for biased people pretending to be unbiased. Just does the console war pandering.
Ah, ok, now I see. So when/how/what makes ME bias?

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Well PS5 has won like 95% of the faceoffs so far. So when they give PS5 a 4k mode with dips like Xbox in this game, what will you do?

If you value better controller response, PS5 is it, but looking at this analysis and seeing some discrepancies. I'm thinking there is more that has not been discussed yet. I'm sure this game will be patched for people who just want native 4k....Till then performance junkies like Phil et al are better served on PS5.
how do you know the PS5 will get a 4k mode? do you have inside information or just making it up?

you do know the sniper scope was only in that segment of the game.

again you never ever come in and praise anything xbox does right, every post in a comparison is always negative towards xbox, you even start threads with something you know will have a negative spin on xbox. would it hurt you so much to say rather cool xbox got 4k mode?

Night.Ninja

Banned
Launch games have issue on ps5 too. You should ask to you why Hitman 3 it's the only game which such gap compared the series X when even a 2070 con handle it in ultra setting in 4k with an average of 57 FPS.
But isn't this the same things we saw with PS4 Pro and xbox one x?

Loope

how do you know the PS5 will get a 4k mode? do you have inside information or just making it up?

you do know the sniper scope was only in that segment of the game.

again you never ever come in and praise anything xbox does right, every post in a comparison is always negative towards xbox, you even start threads with something you know will have a negative spin on xbox. would it hurt you so much to say rather cool xbox got 4k mode?
i like that he throws those little jabs, like the controller response, because it is oh so different. And on the same sentence talks about that there might something, oh the conspiracy theory.

assurdum

Banned
But isn't this the same things we saw with PS4 Pro and xbox one x?
Xbox one X literally "destroyed" the ps4 pro from the beginning, excepts some white fly. Now we have seen a single game with such gulf between the ps5 and series X. I'm not saying it couldn't happen anymore, there could be tons of reasons behind it, but think it will be the more common result in multiplat it's... exaggerate? There is about around the 18% of difference of raw power between the 2 with a complete different RAM/bandwidth/cache setup. Take the high bandwidth number, or the higher CUs counts and expect they will works linearly "up" in favour for the general hardware performance seems very approximative. I'm not an engineer, but no needs to be to understand how partial is such vision.I don't think it's reasonable to expect ps5 behind the series X around a 40% of less resolution in most of the games. I literally don't follow person like Dictator who persist to instigate such convinction with the tools improvement argument behind it, because sure, things can improve more why not but come on, it's totally unfair for the ps5 hardware specs.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
i like that he throws those little jabs, like the controller response, because it is oh so different. And on the same sentence talks about that there might something, oh the conspiracy theory.
the guy does post some detailed stuff but everything is aimed at making xbox look so bad. I am primary an xbox player but I had a ps4 to and had some great times on it, Spiderman was awesome and I thought the vr was good to in certain games. the bias when he posts is just eye rolling

sircaw

Banned
You sound "Concerned" can you share the reasons?

Ah, ok, now I see. So when/how/what makes ME bias?

I watched one of your videos and one of the adverts was for the series X, As a sony fanboy i am disgusted at your type of behavior, You should be taken out to the back of a field and shot.

I don't want to see any more advertised MICROSOFT products on your channel ok.

And we are waiting for your hitman video hurry up ffs.

Ps. Keep up the good work. :messenger_heart:

fish Rulz
xxxxx

Like i said i don't really follow what your being upset at, can you link the comment that has offended you and the other xbox people so much from my opening remarks?

Cos i am not seeing it. My point of view if the shadows were missing in the video comparison, that tells me there has to be a reason, as in a sacrifice somewhere else, i have watched many digital foundry videos over the years and they have even used those remarks in there analysis, so i don't understand how this as insulting.

Are you sure you're not just trying to fabricate something here to be offended about, cos it sounds ridiculous if you were offended by that remark?
See I think you are just choosing to ignore what I'm saying. I've linked it and said why already. I've started in not upset or offended. All I'm doing is pointing out that you are basically doing the same shit I've seen you complain others do. I'm having fun just being a shit btw, but that doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. 10 people said hey that's spreading fud. Maybe even if not your intent that's what your post was doing.

assurdum

Banned
Dude you are totally biased. You can see it in all your exclusives videos. However I don't think your comparison videos are misleading or non factual but it's super easy to tell you like ps way more than Xbox.
As DF it's all about Xbox brand. Thanks to God there is someone to counterpoint the other front. Though you should rewatch his videos about the one X and PS4 pro, because it's absolutely more enthusiastic about the Xbox hardware. What's wrong if now prefer the ps5 vision of the console hardware when he stayed to the other side with the premium console. Maybe he is more enthusiastic for the ps5 approach.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Haha John had openly said he disliked Xbox
John is not DF. Richard is the head behind it. If you don't see how favour the Xbox brand in most of their analysis I don't know what to tell you. Just an example: have you ever read an enthusiastic title by them about the playstation edging the Xbox console in any comparison? Check to yourself.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Ok Alex is a PC fanboy and the other 2 Xbox I guess. Your statement is still false
Can you provide a bolded title by them where the playstation hardware was exalted over the Xbox because it handle better a multiplat in their analysis? Just one. And then search the contrary. I will wait patiently.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Xbox does stuff like fly then over and send them consoles early. Sony does uh nothing. Of course they gonna cover Xbox more. You thinking that's bias is just your own bias I guess
And why you think Sony did this? At the time of the PS4 pro launch was quote more open then they collaborate less with them. What could be the mystical reason?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
See I think you are just choosing to ignore what I'm saying. I've linked it and said why already. I've started in not upset or offended. All I'm doing is pointing out that you are basically doing the same shit I've seen you complain others do. I'm having fun just being a shit btw, but that doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. 10 people said hey that's spreading fud. Maybe even if not your intent that's what your post was doing.
well, your wrong, I asked a genuine question and you have chosen to set up some sort of strawman in regards to how you think i am acting.

I am not doing the same shit as I have seen others complain about. If you can't see the difference between asking where shadows are in one video and people saying crap like the ps5 is a 9.2 tflop console and its Rdna1 etc then your method of Fud is very strange to say at the best of times.

My question was an honest question regardless if you and i repeat this, If You believe it or not. Don't try and put words in my mouth thanks, i do talk a lot of shit-talking on these forums all the time and if i want to i will just say it, i don't have to pretend or hide or be snide like your trying to make me out

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom