• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

manzo

33 pages for a game being better on Series X?

I’m willing to bet that not even 1% of the people in this thread are ever going to play the game or they are going to spend more time here arguing than in-game in total.

None of you will notice absolutely anything after 30 seconds of booting the game. You will play the game and not even bother about if this shadow looks 20% better on a console you don’t even own.

People still forget that Series X is 20% more powerful in total output. That gap has not gone anywhere. It will show in games that are multiplats. Get used to it. I don’t own a Series X and at this rate never will, but I don’t cry myself to sleep that the screen is 1800p vs 2140p. I don’t see the difference on my 75 inch Q9 Samsung and neither will you, exactly after that 30 seconds of gameplay.

Take these head to heads as interesting technical go-throughs but don’t make it affect if you’re going to play the game at all. If you have both consoles, buy the version which you think is better. Otherwise buy the game and enjoy the fuck out of it without thinking about graphical settings.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
If you have a Sony preference its irritating that they would highlight this in a title while not doing so when the shoe was on the other foot. If you have an Xbox preference of course you are happy they highlight this. If the situation was reversed im sure team green would voice thier heart burn with the situation. As someone with a Sony preference i can relate.

Edit: whoa my quote function is malfunction sry.

With one big exception; I don't recall Xbox fanboys calling DF Sony shills or positing all kinds of DF conspiracy theories.

I'll admit, I could be wrong, it's been a while since I read that thread, but the constant conspiracy whining from the Sony Bros anytime PlayStation doesn't come out on top or get praised to their satisfaction has gotten really annoying.

Concern

So, you got nothing. A baseless accusation then. Got it.

Nope. I cringe when someone throws insult for no apparent at DF too. Just today I had to correct someone who claimed Alex "made a blunder" with his 1800p math when in fact, he didn't.

I enjoy and love all of DF, NXG & VGT's work/contents and have a huge respect for each and every one of them. If there's something to criticize, I do so respectfully by providing examples/reasons and do not insult them by mentioning their sub count or call them fanboys or accuse them of being biased.

Where did I do that?

Sure you do.... more specifically when the narrative is the other way around lol. Very quick to make threads and/or highlight when Sony performs better. You certainly have no problems in the spec thread circle jerks bashing df.

And you was also gloating over the fake faceoff video with "🔥" reactions lol. But yes, play unbiased victim here.

So continue with the conspiracy theories and celebrating of "fud" like you guys love to cry about any negative sony news.

With one big exception; I don't recall Xbox fanboys calling DF Sony shills or positing all kinds of DF conspiracy theories.

I'll admit, I could be wrong, it's been a while since I read that thread, but the constant conspiracy whining from the Sony Bros anytime PlayStation doesn't come out on top or get praised to their satisfaction has gotten really annoying.
This is the result of confirmation bias and is why the behavior exhibited by Sony extremists towards DF is the same behavior that Xbox extremists are showing towards NXgamer and the like while imo neither DF nor NXgamer have conveyed anything other than professionalism and neutrality. The stronger your proclivity to something the more you want to live in an echo chamber.

Elios83

If you people are genuinely upset because of a title you have bigger issues to be concerned about.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that they put this in the title because all face offs before were pretty much XSX=PS5 or with PS5 with a slight lead? This title let’s people know it’s different this time thus increasing interest.

Again with this lie that this is the first time that a difference is important and worthy??
AC Valhalla was A BIGGER difference than this. It a was both a big difference in the dynamic resolution range + a performance difference.
Also what's more interesting and title worthy, relatively speaking, than a platform with supposedly less capable hardware that ends up performing better or the same in many games?
The fact that PS5 performing so well was not the outcome they expected and they have tried hard to carefully choose words to not hurt their relationship with Microsoft because both of their well known personal preferences AND their well known business relationship (you know it's not that easy to criticize and call out the company that gave you big business opportunities with exclusives on specs and console hardware announcements) is OBVIOUS.
Of course they have no issues with proclaiming winners with catchy titles when the platform they want to win has actually won.
The fact that some Xbox fans here pretend not to see the obvious because the situation fits perfectly with their preferences while in the same thread some of them proceed to accuse people like NXgamer to be biased is both hilarious and hypocritical.
But hey I guess you can't expect better?

Concern

Again with this lie that this is the first time that a difference is important and worthy??
AC Valhalla was A BIGGER difference than this. It a was both a big difference in the dynamic resolution range + a performance difference.
Also what's more interesting and title worthy, relatively speaking, than a platform with supposedly less capable hardware that ends up performing better or the same in many games?
The fact that PS5 performing so well was not the outcome they expected and they have tried hard to carefully choose words to not hurt their relationship with Microsoft because both of their well known personal preferences AND their well known business relationship (you know it's not that easy to criticize and call out the company that gave you big business opportunities with exclusives on specs and console hardware announcements) is OBVIOUS.
Of course they have no issues with proclaiming winners with catchy titles when the platform they want to win has actually won.
The fact that some Xbox fans here pretend not to see the obvious because the situation fits perfectly with their preferences while in the same thread some of them proceed to accuse people like NXgamer to be biased is both hilarious and hypocritical.

Holy shit, do you ever get tired of typing same nonsensical garbage in a shitty off putting wall of text?

Go bump the ac thread. This is about Hitman 3 not ac.

BeardGawd

Banned
You're being irrational. Reread my reasoning. It makes perfect sense and doesn't resort to conspiracy theories or any of that nonsense.

FrankWza

I can't be bothered to read more than a sentence or in your incoherent walls of text lol.
But he didn’t mention AC until the second sentence....

FrankWza

Sure you do.... more specifically when the narrative is the other way around lol. Very quick to make threads and/or highlight when Sony performs better. You certainly have no problems in the spec thread circle jerks bashing df.

And you was also gloating over the fake faceoff video with "🔥" reactions lol. But yes, play unbiased victim here.

So continue with the conspiracy theories and celebrating of "fud" like you guys love to cry about any negative sony news.
Holy shit, do you ever get tired of typing same nonsensical garbage in a shitty off putting wall of text?

Go bump the ac thread. This is about Hitman 3 not ac.

Doesn’t feel like native 4k to me. Got it on X last night, tried the first level as it was installing the rest. Looked good and plays well, but not as sharp as I’d was expecting, maybe it’s the aa.

The truth is, both consoles have to have their strengths, but Xbox kinda needs to have the performance “crown” or it would be in a shittier position.

Elios83

Called out? I can't be bothered to read more than a sentence or in your incoherent walls of text lol. Take my advice, bump the ac thread. Nobody in here is talking about that game nor cares about your opinion on it.

Oh no you read everything and it seems it makes you so angry.
Also thanks for improving my reaction score with all the reactions you give to my posts that you actually don't read (LOL) but if they make you so nervous because they don't tell the story you want to hear please ignore them from now on.
Also why don't you follow your own advice and you go attacking Nxgamer and others you don't like at least in the threads about their videos?

Concern

Oh no you read everything and it seems it makes you so angry.
Also thanks for improving my reaction score with all the reactions you give to my posts that you actually don't read (LOL) but if they make you so nervous because they don't tell the story you want to hear please ignore them from now on.
Also why don't you follow your own advice and you go attacking Nxgamer and others you don't like at least in the threads about their videos?

Thread '[Digital Foundry] - Assassin's Creed Valhalla Patch 1.0.4 - PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S - Has Frame-Rate Improved?' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/digi...s-x-series-s-has-frame-rate-improved.1579419/

Here you go buddy. I guess you don't know how to use the search feature. Fill that thread up with your conspiracies and tears 👍

There's something that I don't understand that can be seen on the new video showing the PC version.
Why sometimes the consoles use lower quality setting for some effects when we can see testing the PC version that the difference in performance between the settings is almost non existent? In this case the shadows, if increasing from medium to high costs just 1 fps than why just the SeX uses high? Makes no sense to me.

6QyMApR.jpg
FlMS7p9.jpg

Just a reminder that this is a non interactive moment, a cutscene.
But goes to show that the PS5 could also drop on that map if the resolution was higher, but maybe it would drop less than the SeX if it was also running at 4K?

Bankai

Holy shit this topic..! 😆

It’s kinda embarrassing really. Come on, Xbox Series X is just way better in this game. Really phenomenal performance ánd better gfx settings. Impressive stuff.

Md Ray

Very quick to make threads and/or highlight when Sony performs better.
1. Which post/thread(s) of mine highlighted that?

2. What's wrong with highlighting perf/res advantages if it were in favor of Sony? That hurt your feelings, fanboy?

Where were you when I made a thread and was quick to highlight XSX's res advantage?

Concern

Im enjoying this thread too much :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Here some more fuel on the fire!

No mention of rt on ps5. Does that make IO Xbox shills too? Or are they on Microsoft's payrollp? Quick lets steer this thread left for a second.

Don't mind the option as long as its just an option. I expect performance to take a hit with rt.

Mr Moose

No mention of rt on ps5. Does that make IO Xbox shills too? Or are they on Microsoft's payrollp? Quick lets steer this thread left for a second.

Don't mind the option as long as its just an option. I expect performance to take a hit with rt.
It makes Xbox Xbox shills, that's taken from xbox.com.

You're not a normal person. I've seen the documentary you're in.

But no, most people won't notice it and even more people don't give a shit.. but it's fodder for the wars.

Console wars are fun, until people take it too seriously, some crazy people out there lol.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
33 pages for a game being better on Series X?

I’m willing to bet that not even 1% of the people in this thread are ever going to play the game or they are going to spend more time here arguing than in-game in total.

None of you will notice absolutely anything after 30 seconds of booting the game. You will play the game and not even bother about if this shadow looks 20% better on a console you don’t even own.

People still forget that Series X is 20% more powerful in total output. That gap has not gone anywhere. It will show in games that are multiplats. Get used to it. I don’t own a Series X and at this rate never will, but I don’t cry myself to sleep that the screen is 1800p vs 2140p. I don’t see the difference on my 75 inch Q9 Samsung and neither will you, exactly after that 30 seconds of gameplay.

Take these head to heads as interesting technical go-throughs but don’t make it affect if you’re going to play the game at all. If you have both consoles, buy the version which you think is better. Otherwise buy the game and enjoy the fuck out of it without thinking about graphical settings.
There have been many many discussions. To have 20 % of more raw power could be deceiving because both hardware have a very different management of RAM/bandwidth/cache system. Said that yeah series X could beat ps5, even more than a time, nothing to say about it. BUT now say every single tine this gap will be there because we look to a bunch of raw data without contest mmmm. In my opinion hardly and they will stay quite close but because I read multiple developers repeat the difference will be very modest. The only convinced about it seems DF but I'm stopping here because I'm tired to discuss to the DF narrative in such things

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
You're not a normal person. I've seen the documentary you're in.

But no, most people won't notice it and even more people don't give a shit.. but it's fodder for the wars.
Man I have had a big difficult to catch the higher resolution on series X before DF and I'm a maniac of such stuff. Yeah 4k it's better than 1800p, no one denies that, but you have to zoom to the details in the long distance to spot it. And again I know I'm tiring and repetitive but in theory ps5 could be pushed higher, around 2016p and probably.would have the same perfomance of series X but who knows, maybe such resolution it's too weird to handle in the screen ratio and developers preferred better performance to stretched IQ.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Man I have had a big difficult to catch the higher resolution on series X before DF and I'm a maniac of such stuff. Yeah 4k it's better than 1800p, no one denies that, but you have to zoom to the details in the long distance to spot it.
How far do you sit from your display?

Dolomite

I saw a video where 1650super is outperforming SS easily. at 1080P. In fact in interior it is doing 80+fps. That is entry level card released some years ago. Even if you compare with Pro and the X of last gen the upgrade is underwhelming. I do not think devs put much effort in these new consoles.
...yeah the the weakest Next gen console. I'm not arguing that? hell I'll say it again if anyone needs to hear it. It's also $300 and does 1080/60, which is pretty capable. I don't want one, don't care for them but as long as it doesn't impede dev optimization for the X, then I'm happy with it being around.

assurdum

Banned
Ok................
Man if now 1800p is became a problematic resolution I don't know what to tell you. The only thing which annoying me, it's to see a game easy to handle in 4k in a modest pc run at 1800p mostly with a medium graphic setting on ps5. Yeah that not make me particularly happy, I can't deny it.

Last edited:

DJTaurus

From the PC vs Cosnoles comparison:

15068-EE8-5-F32-4-C19-B351-2126-DD896-DB1.jpg

DF said PS5 was 1800P stable 60FPS..... wtf is going on with DF?? They didn’t report any PS5 FPS drop whey the compared it with series X. They only mentioned one area where sex dropped.....

23-E4-F9-EA-E03-B-40-BC-970-A-631-BCE00-C66-C.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

DF said PS5 was 1800P stable 60FPS..... wtf is going on with DF?? They didn’t report any PS5 FPS drop whey the compared it with series X. They only mentioned one area where sex dropped.....

What? So turns out PS5 can bomb down to 37 fps? Wow.

Series X resolution and shadows and fps all better. Triple crown.

To be fair to all pixel counters, they never analyze an entire game (let's say 10 hours worth of constant streaming). They cherry pick scenes (whether there's dubious reasons, or completely random scenes flipping a coin) and go with that.

What is shady is then they try to paint a picture those 12 minutes of scenes uploaded to YT is representative of the entire game.

It's like buying a box of 12 different donuts, eating one donut, and then saying the entire box is good or bad based on one.

Last edited:

driqe

Dr Dre Reaction GIF

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Difference between not wearing their contacts
I mean until yesterday Xbox fan and DF were ok if series X runs more stable in AC Valhalla with lower dynamic resolution, the professional DF asked to see the same treatment on ps5 because more stable is better. Now 1800p with more stable 60 here we are, but 4k all the life, people are blind if didn't noticed it, better some drops than more steady FPS at lower res. Oook. Let's see how much stay alive with such convintion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom