• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hezekiah

Banned
I’m looking forward to the return of these terms coming back and used unironically:
Series x is a beast
Eats monsters for breakfast
12tf beast
40 delta
And the Phil spencer holding an Xbox from commando.

😂
Are we forgetting something..? You missed out 'full RDNA 2 feature set', and 'machine learning'.

Colt Eastwood and his disciples will be sweating and salivating at the same time reading this 😛.

Shmunter

You making yourself sound childish, you know that the frame drop is only in that small segment of the game and everywhere else so far been proved to run at 60FPS at a much higher resoloution and that DF says it runs better at this monument on the series x but you won’t give it a pass lol
The only thing childish is defending deficiencies like frame rate drops....because of being a fanboy. Be honest with yourself, the mirror isn’t kind.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
The only thing childish is defending deficiencies like frame rate drops....because of being a fanboy. Be honest with yourself, the mirror isn’t kind.
No it’s going on a forum criticising a game that you’ll never play. As I said you don’t even know how much that area is and would effect the game without even playing the game. Yet the experts said it’s tiny but you continually post like it’s the whole game effected lol

sinnergy

Are we forgetting something..? You missed out 'full RDNA 2 feature set', and 'machine learning'.

Colt Eastwood and his disciples will be sweating and salivating at the same time reading this 😛.
Those will be next revealed, new software needs engineering adoption .. those 12 TF will be put though it’s paces.
The coming months / years.
Engines need to be modified, budgets need to be changed etc .. etc

But I don’t expect people who are not in any kind of software development to understand..

Last edited:

Shmunter

No it’s going on a forum criticising a game that you’ll never play. As I said you don’t even know how much that area is and would effect the game without even playing the game. Yet the experts said it’s tiny but you continually post like it’s the whole game effected lol
You’re the one defending the game and the platform. I’m standing on the principle of performance being more important that pixels.

You’re clearly a poster that will flip because of a child like emotional connection to a toddlers blanket or teddy bear. Now go get a cup of hot chocolate and sleep soundly. No one is stopping your from enjoying your 50fps....in select parts of the game 😂

Last edited:

Loope

You’re the one defending the game and the platform. I’m standing on the principle of performance being more important that pixels.

You’re clearly a poster that will flip because of a child like emotional connection to a toddlers blanket or teddy bear. Now go get a cup of hot chocolate and sleep soundly. No one is stopping your from enjoying your 50fps.
For someone calling someone else childish, you argue like a fucking child when you throw that last line with the 50 fps when it's pretty well known that is not the case throughout the game. Also that 60 fps perfection is something that started now for you? Did you have an epiphany of some sort? Aren't TLOU I and II your favourite games?

Shmunter

For someone calling someone else childish, you argue like a fucking child when you throw that last line with the 50 fps when it's pretty well known that is not the case throughout the game. Also that 60 fps perfection is something that started now for you? Did you have an epiphany of some sort? Aren't TLOU I and II your favourite games?
I’m merely addressing the target audience. Comes with having kids.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
EZAS5XP.jpg

Chicken Fajitas​

INGREDIENTS

1/2 c.
plus 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c.
lime juice, from about 3 limes
2 tsp.
cumin
1/2 tsp.
crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb.
boneless skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
bell peppers, thinly sliced
large onion, thinly sliced
Tortillas, for serving
DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, whisk together 1⁄2 cup oil, lime juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
  2. When ready to cook, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
  3. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add chicken and toss until combined. Serve with tortillas.

Hezekiah

Banned
Those will be next revealed, new software needs engineering adoption .. those 12 TF will be put though it’s paces.
The coming months / years.
Engines need to be modified, budgets need to be changed etc .. etc

But I don’t expect people who are not in any kind of software development to understand..
If it smells like bullshit, then it probably is.

You've just posted some high-level statements, plus of course you have no idea of what Sony has included as part of its custom GPU tech after working with AMD on RDNA.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

You’re clearly a poster that will flip because of a child like emotional connection to a toddlers blanket or teddy bear. Now go get a cup of hot chocolate and sleep soundly. No one is stopping your from enjoying your 50fps....in select parts of the game 😂
Again comment when you have the game lol performance is awesome on the series x as they stated , just at a higher pixel count than the ps5 currently. The ps5 may get a performance patch up up the res to

Kagey K

Banned
EZAS5XP.jpg

Chicken Fajitas​

INGREDIENTS

1/2 c.
plus 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c.
lime juice, from about 3 limes
2 tsp.
cumin
1/2 tsp.
crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb.
boneless skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
bell peppers, thinly sliced
large onion, thinly sliced
Tortillas, for serving
DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, whisk together 1⁄2 cup oil, lime juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
  2. When ready to cook, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
  3. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add chicken and toss until combined. Serve with tortillas.
Does this render spicier on PS5 or Series X? 😅

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No I said Dictator doesn't care about ps5 hardware specs in general. The only times when he comments something about ps5 is just to redimensioned it. He said Cerny lied about raytracing hardware on it, he said faster SSD doesn't helps to evolve the VG design, he said Geometry engine is nothing of special just a word recycled from Vega architecture and he doubted has something special on ps5. He is literally prejudiced about everything inside the ps5, the only meter of comparison is valid for him is the TF and the bandwidth numbers using even nvidia GPU to catch the possible perfomance on ps5; nothing of more wrong considered AMD navi GPU is radically different in such usage.
If you don't see a problem in the Dictator narrative I don't know what else to tell you. Now it means he is a completely incompetent in other stuff? No probably is the best on DF to catch tech aspect in the analysis but when he talks about ps5 hardware perfomance take him with a big grain of salt, he literally doesn't care about it and his narrative doesn't go beyond the "comparable" pc specs on Nvidia setup, completely illogical from my point of views and I really doubt he has never cared to go in deep inside the ps5 specs talking with some of his sources.
Last year, an era member broke down all of his anti Sony posts, most were in regards to the ssd and it was so obvious that Alex had an agenda. Alex then got him banned.

The funny thing is that Alex with his videos on CoD and Valhalla is generally responsible for the PS5 receiving so much great press. He ended up proving that the PS5 is performing like a 2080 Super in those two games.

P.S IIRC, this was after a couple of devs came out and said Alex downplaying the SSD's impact on game design was silly. Alex went on the defensive saying he never said that, nib95 compiled a list of his posts doing exactly that and Alex went to mods crying.

Last edited:

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
No one is born already taught. What changes throughout life is your stance towards being wrong. Alex is just human. The knowledge you learn is based on certain pillars and as it happens a lot in science and medicine, pillars aren't always static and true. It takes a great change for a community to see they were wrong.

If anything he is guilty of having strong opinions based on pillars that will change when faced with evidence. Its not him, its almost everybody.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
No I said Dictator doesn't care about ps5 hardware specs in general. The only times when he comments something about ps5 is just to redimensioned it. He said Cerny lied about raytracing hardware on it, he said faster SSD doesn't helps to evolve the VG design, he said Geometry engine is nothing of special just a word recycled from Vega architecture and he doubted has something special on ps5. He is literally prejudiced about everything inside the ps5, the only meter of comparison is valid for him is the TF and the bandwidth numbers using even nvidia GPU to catch the possible perfomance on ps5; nothing of more wrong considered AMD navi GPU is radically different in such usage.
If you don't see a problem in the Dictator narrative I don't know what else to tell you. Now it means he is a completely incompetent in other stuff? No probably is the best on DF to catch tech aspect in the analysis but when he talks about ps5 hardware perfomance take him with a big grain of salt, he literally doesn't care about it and his narrative doesn't go beyond the "comparable" pc specs on Nvidia setup, completely illogical from my point of views and I really doubt he has never cared to go in deep inside the ps5 specs talking with some of his sources.
Sony is the one being secretive about their specs. If they held a real event like they did the ps4 then there would be no speculation only facts. Blame Sony for being secretive. When you hide the facts people guess their own. Its funny we know everything about the ssd, io and tempest because they rock but the rest is a Kremlin state secret.

can you point me to links for each and every one of your claims ? Im particularly interested where he said cerny lied

Last edited:

Concern

And the plot thickens.... 🤔🤔🤔

Doesn't Hitman have a marketing deal with Playstation?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It’s clear the Sony fans are not as experienced at taking an 'L' as the Xbox folk. No way you can compete with that level of experience. Consider it a teachi

RDNA 2 king flexing.

FranXico

Recently, it was confirmed by IOI in an interview with Xbox Wire that Hitman 3 will be getting ray-tracing support on both PC as well as the Xbox Series X|S.

Xbox Wire.

Why the hell would they even mention a competitor platform in one of their promotional websites?

Do you think the PlayStation Blog would even mention the Xbox versions of games?

Do you think people are stupid enough to draw conclusions about which versions get which feature, based on advertisements and platform holder PR?

Last edited:

Concern

Xbox Wire.

Why the hell would they even mention a competitor platform in one of their promotional websites?

Do you think the PlayStation Blog would even mention the Xbox versions of games?

Do you think people are stupid enough to draw conclusions about which versions get which feature, based on advertisements and platform holder PR?

Hardwaretimes is owned by the wire? I can't keep up with all this.

Mister Wolf

Makes sense if they are using DXR. Doubt this will happen. It will tarnish their relationship with Sony customers.

Last edited:

skit_data

Wouldve been a fun plot twist if PS5 keeps it at 1800p 60fps with ray-tracing while Series X drops to 1440p or goes with 4k 30fps. Not very likely at all, but it would be fun to see this thread turn itself inside out if that was the case.

FranXico

Wouldve been a fun plot twist if PS5 keeps it at 1800p 60fps with ray-tracing while Series X drops to 1440p or goes with 4k 30fps. Not very likely at all, but it would be fun to see this thread turn itself inside out if that was the case.
Very doubtful. Ray-Tracing is expensive. The SX version would retain the same kind of advantage in that case (but both would likely scale down somehow).

The "frame rate drops" happen for perhaps 1% to 4% of the game at most though. I could understand this emphasis on framerate drops if it were 20%, or 50% of the time, because at that point it's affecting a large share of the experience.

But barely 1%? It's okay to acknowledge it happens but some people are REALLY trying to harp on it like it's a rampant issue in the Xbox version of the game when it really isn't. Being equally as petty, Xbox fans could technically harp on the fact the PS5 version is at a 44% lower resolution 100% of the game time, but really does that necessarily matter when most people won't notice the difference too much?

And if the argument is that people won't really notice a difference of 44% resolution 100% of the time, how exactly are some other people trying to argue about the framerate drop like people will notice a 12% - 15% framerate drop that happens for barely 1% to 4% of the game? Smells a bit like double standards IMHO.

EDIT: I've also seen people suggest that because on PS5 that area is locked 60 then the game could probably run at a higher resolution...while maintaining locked 60... but you'd think IO would have tested that and if such were true, had actually gone that route. They did not. By the same notion, we could say Series X could run that specific spot at a locked 60 if the resolution were lowered, and there's more proof to actually support that side of the claim than the other.

From what performance profiles IO chose for the two versions I'd figure PS5 could certainly run the game at native 4K but it would've seen more framerate drops than what happens on Series X. If I had to take a guess, the framerate drop rate on PS5 if it were in native 4K would likely be closer to 10% - 15%.

1. There are things specific to Primitive Shaders from Vega that AMD disabled which Sony may've taken and retooled for the Geometry Engine in PS5. So in that context saying the GE in PS5 is recycled from Vega is not exactly misleading.​
2. If you're making these claims against him it's best to pull up the quotes he specifically said regarding these things otherwise it's hearsay.​
3. If he said the SSD doesn't help evolve videogame design, then that was probably a knock against people thinking the SSDs would actually aid in processing graphics in the game. They don't. They are just a faster, lower-latency, wider-bandwidth means of moving data into and out of RAM to maximize the RAM usage in the systems. This is to make up for the fact that RAM capacity only doubled (or in Series X's case, only increased by 33%) from 8th-gen systems (due to RAM price drops slowing down massively).​
4. It's a bit hard to go deep into PS5's specs when Sony themselves haven't gone deep into various aspects of the system. That's how channels like RedGamingTech and Moore's Law Is Dead are able to get away with speculating on PS5 specifications that have a high likelihood of not being true: because Sony haven't gone specifically into aspects of the architecture (and I still don't 100% believe it's due to backlash from Road to PS5).​

Last edited:

Concern

They are citing Xbox Wire.

Reading comprehension goes a long way.

But yes, everybody has noticed a long time ago that you can't keep up with much at all.

Yea im just not emotionally invested enough like you and the rest of the spec thread crew to cry conspiracy over anything even slightly negative about Sony.

Take your antagonistic garbage to the spec thread 😉

FranXico

Yea im just not emotionally invested enough like you and the rest of the spec thread crew to cry conspiracy over anything even slightly negative about Sony.

Take your antagonistic garbage to the spec thread 😉
ROFL.

Your unability to understand an article that's just copy-pasting an interview is far from a conspiracy.

Take your hypocritical and pathetic console wars bait elsewhere.

Last edited:

Concern

ROFL.

Your unability to understand an article that's just copy-pasting an interview is far from a conspiracy.

Take your hypocritical and pathetic console wars bait elsewhere.

Its ok buddy. You've been having a rough week since this faceoff. Didn't even answer the question but instead tried to pass little insults like they do anything to me. Watching the conspiracy cries and goalposts moving has provided quite the entertainment for me.

sncvsrtoip

Last year, an era member broke down all of his anti Sony posts, most were in regards to the ssd and it was so obvious that Alex had an agenda. Alex then got him banned.

The funny thing is that Alex with his videos on CoD and Valhalla is generally responsible for the PS5 receiving so much great press. He ended up proving that the PS5 is performing like a 2080 Super in those two games.

P.S IIRC, this was after a couple of devs came out and said Alex downplaying the SSD's impact on game design was silly. Alex went on the defensive saying he never said that, nib95 compiled a list of his posts doing exactly that and Alex went to mods crying.
still he is making very good videos for df but this pattern is common for pc centered users (they are also more polite for xbox probably because all xbox games comming to pc)

assurdum

Banned
can you point me to links for each and every one of your claims ? Im particularly interested where he said cerny lied
I didn't said Cerny lied but in response to me to say was technically impossible to have raytracing hardware on ps5 so he basically implied Cerny lied.

assurdum

Banned
With such a large drop in resolution between the two consoles plus lowering the shadows I feel like they struggled developing for the PS5.
Jesus Christ. Yeah sure. It struggle whatever man at this point. It was blatantly obvious what was our thought about it but now you reached a FuD level beyond the reasonability.

HoofHearted

Doesn’t PS5 emulate direct x? Obviously less efficient than native code.
Direct X is an API/Framework/Runtime - there's no emulation - Dev would have to implement and use Sony's APIs/framework here

EDIT:

Somewhat (OLD article) relevant to the discussion re: Ray-Tracing - https://www.ign.com/articles/directx-12-ultimate

"Whether the PS5 will also be powered by DX12 Ultimate remains to be seen. Sony's consoles have had a history of avoiding DirectX support all together, including the previous PS4 that used an Open-GL API. During the PS5 hardware reveal, Mark Cerny described Sony's next-gen console would use primitive shaders very similar to mesh shading used in DXR, but Sony could be developing its own platform to power ray tracing."

What little I've found via quick google search is that Sony is likely following same patterns with respect to API/Framework development as in the past (and, by extension - not implementing DXU). How that ties into when (or if) IOI implements Ray Tracing for Hitman 3 is probably largely dependent on IOI's game engine/development.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
the thing is very easy
- PS3 with Ken Kutaragi had a very technical presentation where he proudly revealed the Cell architecture where they even showed processor die-shot, showing the layout of the chip and Jen hsun huang explaining nvidia RXS gpuspecs we did know EVERYTHING.

- PS4 had his technical presentation with mark cerny where he explained step by step every little tidbit about the console from asynchronous compute..to the unified pool of memory ...and all the rest . All complemented by even more technical articles released immediately after the presentation where there was practically everything related to the console's hardware. for example this article

This gen instead we had multiple interviews about the xsx .. a reveal of DF .. die shot and the most complete explanation of the architecture made directly by Ms at Hot Chip 2020 ... followed by a presentation of the RDNA2 architecture made by amd talking about the xsx.
On the PS5 side instead we had the technical presentation made by Cerny where he explain all (as he did for the ps4) the hw news that would have introduced by ps5 with a heavy emphasis on customizations made regarding the I / O. that's it
Now there are PlayStation fans who imagine who knows what architecture behind the UNSOLD by cerny but honestly if there had been who knows what hidden advantages .... cerny would have them advertised. Sony would have forced him to do so. From here you will understand for yourself the skepticism of those who know this industry for decades.

Last edited:

FrankWza

I see the PS5 defence force is still going strong, presumably while everyone else plays the game. Maybe they have taken more breaks to rest their eyes due to the blurry PS5 resolution? Who knows.
Isn’t the PS5 version half of its sales right now? Who’s playing the game if not for PS owners? It hasn’t hit gamepass yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom