• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Little Nightmares 2 PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S Enhanced Edition - 60FPS! Ray Tracing! Enhanced Features!

That's a tiled floor though, you'd get a clearer reflection than what you're seeing on PS5.

In fact I'd say the PS5 version looks much worse than the Xbox in this comparison. Goes to show Raytraced reflections are not always better.
Ray traced reflections are more accurate to real life. If you saw that scene in real life, that's how it would look. The fact that you WANT to see sharp reflections just means that's what you prefer to see, not that it's more accurate.

assurdum

Banned
Most games run at lower resolutions on PS5. and more stable fps (fixed for you)
Some games have both higher frame rate and higher resolution on XSX.

Not that it matters. Play it on the console you own.
If you own both you get the better version.
There is no reason other than laziness for the game not to have RT on Xbox as it''s been documented to perform better than PS5 when using RT.
wait wut in what universe? Games with higher resolution typically runs a bit worse on series X, never seen a game runs better with higher resolution except maybe some BC games? But I'm not even that sure.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Can someone look at file info on Xbox? Because it still can be gen9aware and not full GDK.

Since X|S badge means fuck all nowadays sadly.

You know surface have different property of reflections? SSR it's "better" because it's applied in a wrong way in this case. raytracing give a more natural and realistic/precise appearance to the reflections probably because it takes in the counts also the material with the reflections (I guess). Not all reflections are like a mirror.
Yeah, just aesthetically speaking the Xbox version in that comparison looks more pleasing to the eye. In no way am I saying it's better, obviously Raytracing is far more advanced.

Yeah, just aesthetically speaking the Xbox version in that comparison looks more pleasing to the eye. In no way am I saying it's better, obviously Raytracing is far more advanced.
I disagree. The artifacts of the characters occluding the reflections are distracting and SSR can't reflect things that aren't seen like the undersides of beds and the character's reflections in the television screen. In what world is SSR more pleasing?

I disagree. The artifacts of the characters occluding the reflections are distracting and SSR can't reflect things that aren't seen like the undersides of beds and the character's reflections in the television screen. In what world is SSR more pleasing?
Just my opinion in this particular comparison that's all.

this appeared on my twitter TL. ignore the dumb ass fanboying at the end this was under some algorithm selected "Xbox" topic that gets included in my TL for whatever reason

shocked philip j fry GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I need to try doom eternal out because I'm yet to see really good raytracing on the consoles outside of what insomniac has done with miles morales and ratchet.

It just seems super low quality compared to what nvidia are delivering on pc.

elliot5

I need to try doom eternal out because I'm yet to see really good raytracing on the consoles outside of what insomniac has done with miles morales and ratchet.

It just seems super low quality compared to what nvidia are delivering on pc.
thats bc its AMD not NVIDIA and RT is pretty limited on console compared to dedicated GPUs on PC, especially Nvidia ones.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

this appeared on my twitter TL. ignore the dumb ass fanboying at the end this was under some algorithm selected "Xbox" topic that gets included in my TL for whatever reason

So it was a bug after all and not the limitations of the Series X?

To add even in their article with Xbox they say:

Thanks to the power of the Xbox Series X|S, we have been able to add more details to the environment, from dust particles to real time ray tracing.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/08/25/inside-xbox-series-xs-optimized-little-nightmares-ii/

Funny Face Wow GIF by Tennis TV

Last edited:

sendit

Basically a tie between the two. The RT should be fixed on Xbox at some point.
I'm 100% sure this was either due to time constraints or a bug. Maybe Microsoft's strict patch policies prevented the latest update from hitting the Xbox eco system. Look no further than the disparity regarding the launch of The Ascent on PC. Steam had the superior version over the Microsoft Store.

The real question is, how much will Ray Tracing affect the current performance of the XSX once it does get turned on for this game.

Last edited:
I'm 100% sure this was either due to time constraints or a bug. Maybe Microsoft's strict patch policies prevented the latest update from hitting the Xbox eco system. Look no further than the disparity regarding the launch of The Ascent on PC. Steam had the superior version.

The real question is, how much will Ray Tracing affect the current performance of the XSX once it does get turned on for this game.
30fps with ray tracing or 60fps without

People spend more time analyzing the fucking performance specs than playing actual video games. MFers gonna be voting for excel to be GotY.
Well, I for one don't like stutters (or screen tearing) affecting my games because they're distracting, so I care about looking at performance before purchasing a game, especially since there are no returns allowed. I also like knowing if it's gonna look blurry and low res on my 4K monitor. So sue me, gosh.

It's the same thing as inspecting the quality of an item at the store before you purchase it.

Last edited:

aries_71

So, was raytracing finally added to the XSX and retested? I see the game is on sale on X store but I’d like to check before taking the plunge.

So is the performance the same for the series x since raytracing was added or has it taken a hit?

I don't see why it would be the same because these consoles don't handle RT the same way that Nvidia GPUs do. I mean it could but I find it hard that flipping on the RT switch wouldn't affect performance.

Top Bottom