• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] NEED FOR SPEED Hot Pursuit Remastered PS5 vs Xbox Series X

CurtBizzy

lpJEYCL.jpg

DF said its a software issue
wAzbY65.jpg

clintar

Someone is gonna have to explain to me why this is becoming a trend.

Multiple games now have one area, or one part one level, where performance tanks on Xbox consoles. I don't get why this happens.

What makes this particular case extra interesting is the same problem pops up when comparing One X vs Pro, so it isn't something SSD or I/O related (doesn't One X basically have better everything vs the Pro?). Same problem, same area.

Why is this area of the map only a problem on Xbox consoles, and exist across two different generations?

I would have thought this game would have a 120fps mode on PS5 and XsX. Yet this one part of the map can take the Series X into the 40s, and the One X into the 30s, seemingly at random? Weird.

-------------------------------------

Problem area demonstrated on both One X and Series X

Qdjeqgq.png
n0ssxu3.png

Otherwise the One X was pretty rock solid 60 and PS4 Pro averaged around 50 FPS accoding to John

PS5 is constant locked 60 and XsX is 60 outside of this problem area.
Seems like might be API differences?

It also runs worse on the more powerful Xbox One X over PS4 Pro, so is this really an embarrassment for Microsoft? or maybe it's an embarrassment for those jumping to conclusions? I can't make a decision just yet.

You're loosing time honestly. For many it's normal that a game which runs at 4k 50+fps on ps4 pro and 4k 55+fps on XoX can't run at a flawless 4k 60fps on XsX.

Who wants to make the "PS5 has unexpectedly become my preferred console due to the superior performance" and/or the "Xbox Series X performance drove me to buy a PS5 - here's why" threads?
No need for such reactionary threads, people need to play it cool. Get which ever console you want and enjoy, oh and do have some good banter here on gaf 😀

skit_data

My conclusion from all these videos is that the actual difference in performance/resolution between the two consoles are very minimal in the end. It might be software related or not but if one has issues due to devs having a harder time optimizing it the consumer experience will still be the same:
the end result performs worse, and that is the only thing that really matters.

The tools might be a thing at some level and Series X might percetually speaking get better performance increase compared to PS5 as the generation goes on.
I got the impression that one of the stated goals of PS5s development was to make it easier and faster to develop for, and looking at many of the comprisons it actually makes sense that they went with that instead of just slamming on a bigger GPU because the end result seems to be the same for consumers and at the same time help both 1st party- and 3rd party developers.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

Them doing the analysis of the One X and Pro, its just odd across the board. I assume it's resolution differences for One X and Pro? Next gen performance for Series X just doesnt make sense. One X can get to 60, Pro averages 50's.

For the PS5 to lock at 60 and the Series X cant is just so odd. The Series X still having the cornering issues as the One X...

It also runs worse on the more powerful Xbox One X over PS4 Pro, so is this really an embarrassment for Microsoft? or maybe it's an embarrassment for those jumping to conclusions? I can't make a decision just yet.

Read this again, and you tell us.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I’m really not interested in excuses, if it’s not the hardware then Microsoft should never let a patch like this slip past the quality check. Now it’s out there continuing to paint the picture that the console is weak. The snowball has been rolling for three months now. Good luck trying to stop it with a few more months of this.

Mr Moose

Well this is embarrassing for Microsoft.

For us who can’t buy a PS5, how is the PC version?
It's just a BC game, nothing embarrassing for MS.
At this point, I am thinking developers are going " its going to be on game pass soon so screw it, just optimize the PS5 version because people will actually spend more money on that version".... :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I don't think they optimised for PS5 (or Series X), they just upped the settings on PS4 Pro and called it a day and the PS5 did the rest.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Most likely the Rock/Mountain is not rendered as a surface but as an object which renders shit which is behind it. It happens sometimes, when you are in shallow angle and it has....I don't know how to explain in English. Well if it's a rough surface you look as some surfaces head on and to others with angle less then 0 degree from the point of camera, which easy fix is to turn off the frustrum culling, so you are not ended up with some transparent parts of such huge object, if that make sense.

Their attitude is always the same, renders their work meaningless in the end if the whole point is to be QA for Xbox. What’s the point otherwise? There’s only one final result they accept.
They handled the Assassin's creed Valhalla, Dirt 5 and NBA 2k21 videos the same way and all of those games were fixed/ patched for the Series X due to their findings.

DF is ran by smart guys so aren't going to bash the game or systems because of a simple issue that could be patched.

Last edited:

huraga

Banned
it's quite clear that this engine is very old and doesn't take advantage of new technologies, despite the remaster. I don´t understand why people are discussing about what console works better with this very old engine.

Mr Moose

it's quite clear that this engine is very old and doesn't take advantage of new technologies, despite the remaster. I don´t understand why people are discussing about what console works better with this very old engine.
I forgot, you can't tell the difference with fps, only 300 pixels. You should be good, then, it's 4k on Series X.

huraga

Banned
I forgot, you can't tell the difference with fps, only 300 pixels. You should be good, then, it's 4k on Series X.
Well, Series X has a bug with the frame rate because this game doesn't need a big power to work at 4k 60fps. Even One X/PS4 pro should be able to do it. But I understand that some PS5 fanboys may be content to fool themselves when deep down they know this is a bug.

Mr Moose

Well, Series X has a bug with the frame rate because this game doesn't need a big power to work at 4k 60fps. Even One X/PS4 pro should be able to do it. But I understand that some PS5 fanboys may be content to fool themselves when deep down they know this is a bug.
Who cares if it's a bug? You can't tell the difference anyway, right? You only know if it's 300px difference.

Lol, good luck with that. The only thing this game proves is that for some reason ea couldn't be bothered........
Yeah kinda. It doesn't reflect in any way on PS5 or Series X, it's just a BC game, and it seems to have problems on the One X which the Series X obviously inherits (since it's a BC game).

Last edited:

M1chl

Who cares if it's a bug? You can't tell the difference anyway, right? You only know if it's 300px difference.

Yeah kinda. It doesn't reflect in any way on PS5 or Series X, it's just a BC game, and it seems to have problems on the One X which the Series X obviously inherits (since it's a BC game).
That's not how the pixels works, when you have 2 axis

Pointing out for a sake of knowledge, don't care about this. Fuck Ultimate Road Car race

Fredrik

Why does this matter? If a game runs better on one platform then it runs better on that platform and that’s where people will want to play it. I could’ve easily bought this on XSX but now I rather play it on PC or skip it.

Mr Moose

That's not how the pixels works, when you have 2 axis

Pointing out for a sake of knowledge, don't care about this. Fuck Ultimate Road Car race
I know, I am making fun of the other user.
Just fucking around :messenger_beaming: I wouldn't personally class this as a "win" for the PS5, I mean sure it runs better but it's a BC game with obvious issues on the One X.

I'm doing my own damn analysis from now on:

PS5
pong GIF

Xbox Series X
pong GIF

PS5 clearly wins.

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice
That's the BC mode, here is an exclusive leaked preview of the true next-gen pong:

mnYeQ8B.gif

Comparison results
  • xBox series X: 50fps native 4K™ on (the most powerful console ever made)
  • xbox series S: dynamic resolution from 800p to 1440p @ 30fps (still better than the PS5)
  • PS5: locked 60fps @ 1800p on PS5 (the least powerful console ever made)

M1chl

I know, I am making fun of the other user.
Just fucking around :messenger_beaming: I wouldn't personally class this as a "win" for the PS5, I mean sure it runs better but it's a BC game with obvious issues on the One X.
Oh very well, never mind. Carry on with the trolling : )

Top Bottom