• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF PS5 analysis (prepare to be uninterested)

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Wow, DF do a video and not one post about the actual topic. Must actually be uninteresting if that's what people go after. Alex comments were daft, but you're proving him right. The video didn;t matter is this is the level of response you give to it.

If this is what the topic becomes then the thread will be locked. You asked for a teardown video and here it is. We don't want pages after pages of delusion like this:

See told some doubters they are gonna do a vid 100%. Alex Bukkake is just a butthurt fanboy.

Youtube is paying them too.

Already complaining about Sony in how they deliver information only a few seconds in.

Reply bans will be swift from this point forward.

mckmas8808

Banned
So many of you have proven that you’re just the same as the brigadiers on REEEEEE, just with different drives and ideology. At least you got your video now. Carry on whingeing and maybe mommy will make you a sandwich.

While I agree with you, Alex Buggaglala didn't make things any better with his stupid comment either. He's just as much at fault as some on NeoGaf.

Relativ9

Well yeah that was pretty uninteresting, and I generally like DF, but we didn't really get any new information or analysis from that...mostly just pointing out the obvious: PS5 looks good, cooling solution is a beast, that thing is big, ect.

chonga

So he said it was uninteresting until they could do the teardown themselves, and now they're doing just that, and people are still insisting on dieing on that pitiful, embarrassing hill, yeah?
Not to mention people defending Alex were saying they would literally have nothing to talk about or add to Sony's video...

About to watch it now. I'm expecting 10 seconds of BUY AN OMEN PRODUCT followed by 17 minutes of silence.

Neofire

Watched the video and Is it me or did DF manage to talk about the Series X as much if not more then the ps5 in this supposed analysis video?

Leadbetter in the video seemed bored as well.

I'm surprised he didn't mention the expandable SSD that was confirmed by WD to work for the ps5.

Last edited:
Good video. I liked his approach and comparisons between consoles seem fair.

The only point I disagree on is that the xsx is a more complicated design than the ps5, insofar as fit. The xsx seemed like a more straightforward thought process in terms of air in and hot air out vs PS5. I would put money on the ps5 being quieter and cooler vs the xsx, though that comparison maybe unfair, seems as the xsx is ejecting air through a smaller channel.

Hopefully they're both quiet

Neofire

The comparison is obviously going to come up, because it's interesting. only fanboys would be annoyed by this tbh.
Who said I was "annoyed" no need to project. I was merely pointing out a fact.

I was hoping DF would point out things that we didn't know already. At least coming from professionals making analysis based videos.

Don't have access to the video yet but what's their opinion on the liquid metal?

That's the part of the cooling system that has me slightly worried since it's difficult to apply.

Fake

Strange, but I'll keep quiet until get acussed of bias.

Anw, missing RETRO content a lot. Hope John can delivery.

7DeadleeScenes

Neo Member
it was not that interesting considering the tear down was already done before. I just felt it left more unanswered question for the ps5. I am just curious to see this thing head to head with xbox. So we will just have to wait. Not long now.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm about 5 minutes in and...

tenor.gif

Astonishing stuff.

That unabashed lecturing right off the bat. Wow
It's not lecturing. It's just describing what's going on this gen with the two main companies. They have different systems and different marketing strategies. They literally just explain it and compare it as clinically and unemotionally as possible.

They even compliment Sony's strategy, and say that while it's not as interesting for journalists, it does seem to generate hype. If anything, I think he's being too kind to Sony there when they seem to be dropping the ball big time in my view in terms of communication, transparency, and marketing so far in the Jim Ryan era.

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
It's not lecturing. It's just describing what's going on this gen with the two main companies. They have different systems and different marketing strategies. They literally just explain it and compare it as clinically and unemotionally as possible.

They even compliment Sony's strategy, and say that while it's not as interesting for journalists, it does seem to generate hype. If anything, I think he's being too kind to Sony there when they seem to be dropping the ball big time in my view in terms of communication, transparency, and marketing so far with all the new executives.
Its generating more hype because its the PS5.
And just because Sony is not relying as much on Journalists to sell their console does not mean that they have a problem with communication, transparency or marketing.

Let me give you an example: BC
They stated BC in the wired reveal
Cerny commented on BC in the Road to PS5
Sony reconfirmed 2 or 3 times that the majority or 99% of games will work
And now we got once again confirmation that only 10 or so games dont work
This is complete transparency.

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Did he say that the PS5's SSD had a 5GB/s maximum theoretical bandwidth? I thought in Cerny's Road to PS5 presentation stated that 5GB/s would be the minimum?

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
I'm just stating my opinion on it. Personally, I found the rollout for the PS4 to be infinitely better. If you like it, then I'm happy for you.
So do I. But its not about liking it or not but what actually is happening.
I think Sony is transparent. The problem is that a lot of FUD was and maybe still is floating around, more so than ever before.

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm just stating my opinion on it. Personally, I found the rollout for the PS4 to be infinitely better. If you like it, then I'm happy for you.
When was the PS4 sent out to journalists to begin covering it? I can't remember. I thought the full UI reveal wasn't until the day before release, although bits were shown before, so it would have been incredible for it not to have leaked if they were out in the semi-wild.

FranXico

It's interesting how I recall that the last time anyone from Sony answered Richard's questions, he posted a misleading (and in fact unapplicable) benchmark to discredit this person's answers along with the interview.

And now he complains about Sony not answering their questions? Right.

Make no mistakes, the fact that this commentary on the PS5 teardown mentions and flatters the XSX so much has nothing to do with Sony's silence, other than provide a very simple explanation for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom