• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Resident Evil 2 Remake/ Resident Evil 3 Remake - PS5/ Xbox Series X/S - Current-Gen Patch Review

I love is Frankenstein monster of an upscaling combo to fix the sharpening and AA lol
Man I haven't seen it yet I'm curious what his solution was. I tried FSR + DLDSR but that still looked ugly to me. Maybe I shoulda tried render scale + DLDSR. RE2's is really unsightly because of this shit

Shmunter

Alex is not pulling any punched here. He mops the floor with Capcom. Basically, besides a shit quality RT that they wont let you scale up in quality to take advantage of computers, they regresed in multiple areas that are better in the old version

Looks like TAA is broken on the dx12 implementation. Beginning to make sense on the XsX jaggies vs clean iq off ps5.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like TAA is broken on the dx12 implementation. Beginning to make sense on the XsX jaggies vs clean iq off ps5.

What ? None of the console comparisons made any note of any difference in IQ.

DF, NX, VGtech all covered this.

Last edited:
What ? None of the console comparisons made any note of any difference in IQ.

DF, NX, VGtech all covered this.

Animated GIF

So what’s the big deal about then?

I don't know what warranted this lol, I'm not questioning the IQ at all

I mean I’ve seen people discuss that there are differences in IQ but they ended up being nothing. So no idea why this comparison is a big deal for some is all I’m saying.

No idea why you thought it meant anything else.

assurdum

Banned
Reminds me of village.

No RT: Everything is nice.

RT ON: Holy crap……

To be fair I didn’t really have an issue with village except certain parts like the flooded part of the village. But RE2 looks much worse IMO.
No absolutely. RE8 with RT not runs that shitty.

No absolutely. RE8 with RT not runs that shitty.

With Village the drops weren’t so bad that I never felt the need to change the settings. But with RE2 if the results are accurate I’m definitely going to change the setting.

Thankfully I already played RE2 on my PC so I’m good there. Still need to play RE3 but the framerate drops seem a let pronounced there.

assurdum

Banned
Elamenopee is more trusted than DF, NX, VGT now

Of course, that game was developed with the rt, what we're seeing here is rt being bolted onto a game that wasn't made with it in mind.

And Capcom foolishly not budging from 2160p.
So because those 3 channel missed it, it doesn’t exist? What are the holy trilogy? Just to say the sacred DF missed also RT reflections in the mirrors bathroom in RE2R doesn't means they are right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom