• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Retro: Terraonion Mega SD Review - The Definitive Sega CD Emulator For Real Hardware?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join John Linneman and Audi Sorlie for a look at Terraonion's excellent Mega SD - an FPGA-based recreation of the Sega CD (aka Mega CD) allowing you to run the entire library of compact disc-based titles on original Mega Drive/Genesis hardware. It's a fascinating piece of kit, and DF Retro has a lot of opinions about it!

Finally a proper df retro episode!😀

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I think its from the same guys behind that overpriced af neogeo flashcard.

Fuck em haha.
And now the MiSTer core neogeo came out.
And the sega cd core will come out soon.
Nobody is going to buy your overpriced shitcarts.

Have a good one.

Robhimself

Fuck em haha.

Have a good one.
So, you speak for the entire gaming community? Who the hell do you think you are, talking on MY behalf!?

Your ego needs a Cargoship my man.....

Spukc

So, you speak for the entire gaming community? Who the hell do you think you are, talking on MY behalf!?

Your ego needs a Cargoship my man.....
i guess you are the one that wished me good luck with waiting for a chines copy with that overpriced af neogeo flashcart
seems i am the one laughing now XD

Max_Po

Banned

Fuck em haha.

Have a good one.

I think this is the dumbest and stupidest post I have read on NeoGAF.

I purchased a NeoGeo SD Pro ...my NeoGeo library is worth 3 times the price of SD Pro and I have a brand new NeoGeo AES in collection.

I bet you are one of these people ... Who goes around with my underwear can emulate everything ...

Spukc

No i am just not a jackass that likes to get price gouged for fpga based hardware that is mind you open.
Look into MiSTer. And emulation is also ok no need to act like a freaking snob about that.
Fyi I own a frame meister and own almost all legacy hardware consoles with the right cables, Inc A pvm as a side thing. So stop assuming stuff.
That flash cart is horribly overpriced.

But then again they seem to assume all neogeo owners pee gold or something.
I will stick to my neogeo cd and MiSTer with the neogeo core thank you very much.

cireza

Banned
These guys have fucked all european buyers by not disclosing their move to Andorra. All their carts where "VAT" included shipped from Spain, but actually when moving to Andorra, they are not transferring these taxes to the country anymore, and it is up to the buyers to pay the taxes upon arrival. Everyone had pre-ordered, and they silently announced their move to Andorra AFTER shipping. Which took several weaks because Andorra customs suck balls.

Buyers basically paid taxes double time, the first time (which was normally included in the price) staying in the pocket of Terra-onion.

Shittiest move ever.

This cartridges also has a number of problems, the final result is not as good as the original games on an original console. I had many games having important sync issues, sounds not playing etc...

Finally, the cartridge is not even beveled, which means that it WILL destroy your console connectors in the long run.

My personal recommendation : avoid.

Last edited:

Spukc

yes and the guy behind it is a giant fing asshole

Last edited:
Top Bottom