• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Saints Row The Third: Remasterd - An Exceptional Effort

TLZ

Banned
60 on X, 90% of the time at 1440p. Ok im getting it for X not Pro. I thought both were 30 but this changes things.
I'm curious what happens to the framerate if we force the resolution on Pro to 1080 (from Pro settings).

If someone with a Pro can test and sees improvements in framerates please let us know.

Just imagine Saints Row 1 with GTA5 gameplay, graphics and physics, Would be awesome. The biggest problem wit SR is it's 90's gameplay, car physics, animations just too ancient feeling.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Just imagine Saints Row 1 with GTA5 gameplay, graphics and physics, Would be awesome. The biggest problem wit SR is it's 90's gameplay, car physics, animations just too ancient feeling.
Saint's Row 1 could be renamed to Junk Row. I've played 2 hours yesterday on 360. Holy crap.... that's the most 15fps game ever which looks like crap and is crap. You must do activities all the time which I forgot

I'm curious what happens to the framerate if we force the resolution on Pro to 1080 (from Pro settings).

If someone with a Pro can test and sees improvements in framerates please let us know.

VGTECH usually tests Pro at forced 1080 output. Hopefully he puts up a vid, maybe it will get a locked 60 at that resolution?

Reactions: TLZ

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Really waiting for pc version analysis. Frame pacing seems terrible. I've not installed epic store myself but my buddy did. No matter what framerate (locked 30, 60, freesync, windowed or not) the game stutters in a bad framepacing way even if I stand in place and rotate the camera slowly.
The graphics are great... but faces are not. My boss looks terrible lol

Stuart360

I see some reports about pc version stuttering a bit constantly. is it true?
It does abit. Its like if you turn the camera fast, it will drop to 58fps, 59fps, then go back to 60fps. If you're driving along it will often hang at 59fps, with the odd stutter to 58fps.
It is quite annoying beause cpu and gpu usage is really low on my PC. Hopefully it can getn patched.

It does abit. Its like if you turn the camera fast, it will drop to 58fps, 59fps, then go back to 60fps. If you're driving along it will often hang at 59fps, with the odd stutter to 58fps.
It is quite annoying beause cpu and gpu usage is really low on my PC. Hopefully it can getn patched.

That’s a bummer. Did they just not optimize the PC port? Odd that it’s not an issue on consoles.

Stuart360

That’s a bummer. Did they just not optimize the PC port? Odd that it’s not an issue on consoles.
Its actually well optimized in terms of cpu and gpu usage. I think its the vsync thats borked a bit. If i turn vsync off its well over 100fps at all times.
I might try turning ingame vsync off and force vsync through the Nvidia control panel. I mean its not game breaking or anything, and the game looks surprisingly good, but even a drop down to 59fps can be very noticeable.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Its actually well optimized in terms of cpu and gpu usage. I think its the vsync thats borked a bit. If i turn vsync off its well over 100fps at all times.
I might try turning ingame vsync off and force vsync through the Nvidia control panel. I mean its not game breaking or anything, and the game looks surprisingly good, but even a drop down to 59fps can be very noticeable.
it's not performance/fps matter. I can lock to 30fps and it still stutters when just rotating camera

Dane

This is what a remaster should look like, almost all assets reworked for the better. Not just a 1080p 60 fps port that SR4 was.

Tempted to buy it, but I hate the new lightining.

How u gonna do that when resolution locked to 1440p

CyberChulo

Bought it for the PS4 Pro. Graphics are great but there are a lot of bugs in the game. Clipping, physics, mission UI's that don't go away even though you've finished the activity (in my case the tank mayhem game). Anyone else encounter these?

Stitch

Gold Member
This is my fav Saint's Row but they really should port 1 to pc and release patch for 2 instead of remastering this
They're already working on a new version of Saints Row 2 for PC

zombrex

Looks terrible to me even if it is technically more advanced.
They have overdone the volumetric lighting to an absurd degree,
even at day in sunny weather it looks like the world is basked in fog.
It is like some bad fan mod.
Really unfortunate since the other changes like updated models are nice.

small_law

Played it on PS3 when it was free on PSN years ago. For some reason, I ignored everyone that told me to pick it up when it first came out. I shouldn't have.

Just a big, dumb, fun game done really, really well. Don't dismiss it as a GTA clone.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's an Epic game store exclusive, and has frame pacing issues, so it can fuck off and die.

Last edited:
This has a new trophy set. Enjoying it on the Pro. The unlocked frame rate isn’t a problem for me since it seems to stay at the upper 40’s and doesn’t bounce all over the place like Dead Island does.

I have been watching all kinds of videos in which they test the framerate similar to way Digital foundry does, and they all say that the fps take a dive on ps4/pro versions going as low as 28-37 in heavily congested areas/missions. Every video I have seen puts up that graph that shows the fps rising and dropping with those bars that goes across the screen and because each video claims a different rate, I am not sure who to believe.

It's good news about trophies, though.

I never played a Saints Row game before. I like GTA, love Witcher 3, enjoy Horizon. Is it like gta 4? Is it good enough in 2020 for a new comer?

Last edited:

Gold_Loot

I have been watching all kinds of videos in which they test the framerate similar to way Digital foundry does, and they all say that the fps take a dive on ps4/pro versions going as low as 28-37 in heavily congested areas/missions. Every video I have seen puts up that graph that shows the fps rising and dropping with those bars that goes across the screen and because each video claims a different rate, I am not sure who to believe.

It's good news about trophies, though.
I’m sure in worst case scenarios you will see some further dips, but in the 4 hours I put into it so far, I haven’t seen any drastic dips or spikes that distracted me.

bender

What time is it?
I never played a Saints Row game before. I like GTA, love Witcher 3, enjoy Horizon. Is it like gta 4? Is it good enough in 2020 for a new comer?

Mechanically it's much less grounded in reality than GTA4. It's a more over-the-top, arcade-like experience. The writing is equally dumb as GTA but feels more intentional. It's side content feels more akin to the original 3D GTAs than what GTA4/5 had which is good thing in my estimation. GTA of late tends to take itself too seriously, Saints Row 2 and beyond never really take itself seriously at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom