• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Scarlet Nexus: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S Tech Breakdown - A True 4K60 On Next-Gen?

FranXico

Very close and in real gaming no one hardly notice, but there can be only one winner, PS5 the performance king of the gen its looking like.

Also I dont get DF's framerate counter, clearly closer to 50 than 60 on the graph, yet shows 56 fps....

hFKlaTa.jpg
The number at corner is an average over a wider timespan than the momentary values we see in the graph.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

As expected. PS5 is just the unparalleled performance king. Cerny is an engineering beast.

Lol, Xbox has been winning all the head to heads lately, now you get one game and it's suddenly the unparalleled king? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Xbox has shown that it can handle higher resolutions than PS5 while maintaining a consistent framerate for most games, but of course there will be some exceptions, that's all the metric you need to determine hardware performance, it has been done this way for PC GPUs for decades.

Once we move to next-gen only, the gap will widen.

sircaw

Banned
Lol, Xbox has been winning all the head to heads lately, now you get one game and it's suddenly the unparalleled king? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Xbox has shown that it can handle higher resolutions than PS5 while maintaining a consistent framerate for most games, but of course there will be some exceptions, that's all the metric you need to determine hardware performance, it has been done this way for PC GPUs for decades.

Your totally right, ps5 is going to be amazing with that incredible SSD of theirs. Thanks for the heads up :messenger_heart:

Kholinar

Banned

You seem awfully bothered. It's not my fault PS5 has undoubtedly better performance. No need to accost me like some base console war tribalist. 🤷‍♂️

The best console experience for Scarlet Nexus is on PS5.

Saber

Gold Member
Seems like an interesting and pretty game. And the differences seems like mininal, so its a win for both sides that got interest in this game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Lol, Xbox has been winning all the head to heads lately, now you get one game and it's suddenly the unparalleled king?
u seem awfully bothered. It's not my fault PS5 has undoubtedly better performance. No need to accost me like some base console war tribalist.
Please stop, the difference is not that big to have console war about it, 90% of the time it plays and runs the the same in both version.

AnotherOne

You seem awfully bothered. It's not my fault PS5 has undoubtedly better performance. No need to accost me like some base console war tribalist. 🤷‍♂️

Posts like this make me cringe 😬 unless you're joking and having fun then yeah :D

JackMcGunns

You seem awfully presumptuous. Pot meet kettle, I'm only addressing your comment "As expected, PS5 is the performance Unparalleled King" which is in itself a console war tribalist thing to say lmao :messenger_peace:

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
You seem awfully presumptuous. Pot meet kettle, I'm only addressing your comment "As expected, PS5 is the performance Unparalleled King" which is in itself a console war tribalist thing to say lmao :messenger_peace:
Posts like this make me cringe 😬 unless you're joking and having fun then yeah :D
Drop it. There's nothing to be mad at me for. There's no need for insults or warring. I'm literally calling out the facts as I see them.

Point your pitchforks at Cerny. He's the one who made such a beautifully engineered console, and now I get to enjoy the best performance on Scarlet Nexus.

Last edited:

chinoXL

good to see another game where it comes down to which controller you want to play the game with..good job on the devs part

Mr.ODST

OH here they are again spouting bullshit like ususal

Using logic?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

I honestly believe that each systems limitations is based on their hardware. Sure developers will become more familiar with both and obtain better results. But nobody should expect the gap to widen beyond the systems specifications.

Maybe I'm just being dumb but I haven't seen updates vastly change a systems peformance. Only thing that can do that is if we get mid gen hardware refreshes.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Got the PS5 version, but forgot about the VRR for Series X. I guess it's a good problem to have lol

Yeah its a win win.

PS5 has a little advantage in not dropping frames Series X has VRR

Many will pick a "winner" but thats only to justify the current box they own.

Play the game on the platform of your choice and dont feel like you're missing out to me thats a win for all of us.

Someone on Reddit was impressed that the demo of the One X version was supposedly 4k and 60fps, and I noted that the Series X version had noticeable framerate drops so the One X would likely not hold it.

I got down voted for saying that with someone said they'd played it multiple times on Series X without a drop.

You literally cannot make any statements about Xbox on Xbox sub-Reddits if it is at all negative lol.
The drops are so small they probably didn't notice, both the PS5 and Series x versions are almost identical, it's just a less than 1% advantage to PS5.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I’m calm, though? If you didn’t notice, I’m the one who’s getting dozens of messages plastered with insults. All for stating that PS5 is the best experience for this game, which is incontrovertible truth.
To be completely fair, both versions drop frames and it’s so close that the version that has VRR is the best version. That’s the actual truth. I would put money that you couldn’t notice a 1 frame a second difference but watching one on vrr tv vs the version without it you would deffo see a difference.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
To be completely fair, both versions drop frames and it’s so close that the version that has VRR is the best version. That’s the actual truth. I would put money that you couldn’t notice a 1 frame a second difference but watching one on vrr tv vs the version without it you would deffo see a difference.
youre right GIF

Well I'm just happy that neither is dropping frames that often so even people without VRR TVs will get a good experience.

Corndog

Banned
Yup, Sony has not delivered VRR, Nvme drive upgrade possibility and Folders for our games in the PS5 OS yet.

This is pretty annoying, especially VRR and folders they should be relatively easy to implement (VRR is a hardware feature, I bed AMD has the code to show how to implement it at the OS level). I assume they have some hardware hurdle for the nvme solution.
I don’t understand why. Maybe they are waiting for more compatible Sony TVs.

RGB'D

You literally cannot make any statements about Xbox on Xbox sub-Reddits if it is at all negative lol.
So like saying something negative about playstation here... but also that is shitty. Seems like a valid point considering you are talking about a last gen console

Last edited:

Renozokii

Not many surprises left in these comparisons any longer
Yea you can tell by how much less attention these threads get now.

xbox series x so much more powerful narrative is dead. Series s looks like it’ll struggle as more serious next gen games start coming and 1080p will probably be the norm. If you have both consoles, ps5 has an edge as long as the game uses dual sense, if not or the implantation is bad the series x versions are better with vrr until Sony adds it. Microsoft tried to make this gen about some major power difference but there’s no indication of that being reality. Get the console with the games and features you prefer.

It depends if you see the unique features as an advantage. I guess it really depends on how the developers use them.
It's only an advantage if you like haptics. Doesn't matter really how well the devs do for me. Hate all haptics thus far. If you are one to like them though I could see it being enough advantage to choose one over the other considering how close most other things are.

It's only an advantage if you like haptics. Doesn't matter really how well the devs do for me. Hate all haptics thus far. If you are one to like them though I could see it being enough advantage to choose one over the other considering how close most other things are.

Well I was asking someone who has played the game since he seems to like the dualsense features.

Mr.ODST Mr.ODST does the game only have Haptics?

JackMcGunns

I’m calm, though? If you didn’t notice, I’m the one who’s getting dozens of messages plastered with insults. All for stating that PS5 is the best experience for this game, which is incontrovertible truth.

Nope, both versions have drops and only the Xbox version supports VRR, so it's the only version that can offer a perfect experience. :messenger_beaming:

Sorry to rain on your parade

Top Bottom