• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] - The Division 2: Next-Gen Runs at 60FPS - Visual Analysis on PS5 - Series X|S

Mr Moose

So, what's new in the update? Any fog? 😁
TomClancysTheDivisio.jpg

Rippa

I wonder if the resolution and reflections have been adjusted as well. Wonder if DF or anyone re-checks these things with the patch

SSR looks to be fixed along with the fog. I don’t count pixels or sit 3 feet from my 65” OLED but it looks pretty dang sharp according to what my eyes perceive.

I doubt DF will go back and edit their video based on this update. Who knows 🤷🏻

SSR looks to be fixed along with the fog. I don’t count pixels or sit 3 feet from my 65” OLED but it looks pretty dang sharp according to what my eyes perceive.

I doubt DF will go back and edit their video based on this update. Who knows 🤷🏻

Nice, thanks for reporting in. Glad to hear it.

I played the game on PC when it came out, might try it out again on PS5. I think it can be found for dirt cheap these days. I am always down for a popping a new Plat trophy.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Nice to see UBI fixed the PS5 version.

I still haven't decided if I want to redownload this or not. It never captured the feel of the first game. Plus, it is brutally repetitive if I am honest.

wardener89

Neo Member
Today's update was just fixing volumetric fog for PS5 console. What about playing in native 4k resolution for PS5? Did they fixed that with 12.1 update today?

Shmunter

Today's update was just fixing volumetric fog for PS5 console. What about playing in native 4k resolution for PS5? Did they fixed that with 12.1 update today?
Nope, just framerate unlock on pro version. Good news is it’s locked 60fps even at the beginning Whitehouse siege unlike the competition that struggles.

The 4k reconstruction makes it pin sharp, think DF needed to analyse close ups of grass blades to tell its not native.

Biggest issue I have is the SSR sucks. It’s low precision and the fade in/out depending on camera alignment is distracting. The prior bugged release without ssr using purely cube maps ironically had a more stable image.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Nope, just framerate unlock on pro version. Good news is it’s locked 60fps even at the beginning Whitehouse siege unlike the competition that struggles.

The 4k reconstruction makes it pin sharp, think DF needed to analyse close ups of grass blades to tell its not native.

Biggest issue I have is the SSR sucks. It’s low precision and the fade in/out depending on camera alignment is distracting. The prior bugged release without ssr using purely cube maps ironically had a more stable image.

Competition pumping out a lot more pixels though... So it is not really comparable.

Nice try though

assurdum

Banned
They fixed the reflections too? On ps5 the SSR not worked. Uh. Seen the VGtech video.Ugh. 1080p now, like really? Fuck what a disappointment. Out of my curiosity. Anyone has tried the physical version without the patch? Quite curious how stuck up.

Last edited:

AnotherOne

I mean, you post the same Khaled gif in literally every thread you create, and I don't think you are doing it ironically.

People have their passions.
Lol 😆 was a rhetorical question with 0 seriousness involved just like my posts, go eat your cookie now and stop lookin at my post history 🤣

Even though the game is running in BC mode, or "enhanced BC," or whatever, I still am surprised that the PS5 version still hovers closer to 1080p than not.

I know the PS5 has BC compatibility limitations but I still don't think this patch is getting everything it can from the better hardware.

Mr Moose

yes and I had enough space
I had it installed on my external before the previous update, it had a line like it's installing an update on the bottom of the game image. Had to delete the game and reinstall it. Looks like it happened with Resident Evil 2 Remake for me, too.

Shmunter

Competition pumping out a lot more pixels though... So it is not really comparable.

Nice try though
Maybe not comparable for you with your VRR wallpapering over the cracks, but I know which side I like my bread buttered on. Pristine performance.

The 60 “target” with little hope of sustaining it should have stayed in the last gen. XsX good for nostalgia in this regard and each to his own.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Maybe not comparable for you with your VRR wallpapering over the cracks, but I know which side I like my bread buttered on. Pristine performance.

The 60 “target” with little hope of sustaining it should have stayed in the last gen. XsX good for nostalgia in this regard and each to his own.
?

Even though I have a VRR set, that still doesn’t excuse the drops. I have said it plenty of times.

Anyway, if you dropped the res on the XsX version to match the lower res on the ps5, then they would obviously be the same

Shmunter

?

Even though I have a VRR set, that still doesn’t excuse the drops. I have said it plenty of times.

Anyway, if you dropped the res on the XsX version to match the lower res on the ps5, then they would obviously be the same
Ok, thought you were bizzarely defending rez > performance. There’s a lot of that around of recent.

Jebron

What the fuck does this even mean? "Pristine performance" while it looks like shit on a 4K display? We all know the PS5 can do better than this, so let's stop pretending it's the hardware's fault and properly blame Massive for doing a shit job on this.

Shmunter

What the fuck does this even mean? "Pristine performance" while it looks like shit on a 4K display? We all know the PS5 can do better than this, so let's stop pretending it's the hardware's fault and properly blame Massive for doing a shit job on this.
Looks razor sharp on my 75”. The 4k reconstruction is doing the business.

Insisting on native 4k at the cost of framerate is an interesting position. Good news is they have a console for people that prefer it that way.

Last edited:
DF analyzed the updated patch on PS5 today

Division 2 Updated:
- SSR and Volumetric fog are back after the initial upgrade broke them, now these are on same level as Series X
- Load times are similar to before. In original update PS5 loaded in 16 seconds, in this patch PS5 loads in 15 seconds. Series X loads in about 6 seconds
- PS5 renders at 1080p (lowest) to 1800p (highest)
- PS5 still has framerate advantage over Series X, albeit at lower resolution (on average)
- He had an issue with screen tearing and FPS dips to 40s in one fight, but restarting the PS5 fixed it

wardener89

Neo Member
DF analyzed the updated patch on PS5 today

Division 2 Updated:
- SSR and Volumetric fog are back after the initial upgrade broke them, now these are on same level as Series X
- Load times are similar to before. In original update PS5 loaded in 16 seconds, in this patch PS5 loads in 15 seconds. Series X loads in about 6 seconds
- PS5 renders at 1080p (lowest) to 1800p (highest)
- PS5 still has framerate advantage over Series X, albeit at lower resolution (on average)
- He had an issue with screen tearing and FPS dips to 40s in one fight, but restarting the PS5 fixed it

1800p on PS5?!!! Honestly there is not significant difference in processing power between XBSX and PS5 so if XBSX could have achieved dynamic 4k resolution so could PS5 have done it as well. This is just soo messed up. 😠😡

Top Bottom