• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] The Last Guardian PS5 Runs At 60FPS... But How? And What's The Catch?

Altares13th

This game is so broken it runs faster than engine's default speed, and it took mr.10 years 1 game actually 10 years to make it before quitting work, Sony never even mentioned how many copies it sold ever meaning it was a flop, a big one like it started at no.4 in japan and 7 in UK and never got back up

Still, after replaying on ps5, it didn't change my POV on it. It's my fav game of all times.
Yesterday I was craving good games so I went back to GOW 2018 and while good, it's no where near that level for me.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Sony Back compat is really starting to annoy me. The first version runs at 60 fps, it prob wouldnt take much work to get the latest version running at 60 fps for PS5, but they wont do it.

Sony need's to get their shit together, i wont buy a PS5 if i cant play all these PS4 games at 60 fps. 30 fps is dead to me.

Shmunter

Sony Back compat is really starting to annoy me. The first version runs at 60 fps, it prob wouldnt take much work to get the latest version running at 60 fps for PS5, but they wont do it.

Sony need's to get their shit together, i wont buy a PS5 if i cant play all these PS4 games at 60 fps. 30 fps is dead to me.
All the upcoming PS5 games will be PS4 games running at 60 if that helps…😜

Finally started playing this last night and within the first 10 minutes I could tell it was going to be something special. Looking forward to finishing it with a few long playthroughs this weekend.

Birdo

Banned
TLG and SOTC look like games from two different generations. They should have let Bluepoint take over TLG development.

emivita

The Last Guardian is one of my favourite PS4 exclusives and in my opinion the best Ueda game for many reasons, especially because it aged and will age well. ICO and SOTC didn't age well, especially the latter with its way too empty and boring open world and repetitive gameplay that felt weird back then and feels even weirder with the Bluepoint remake.

TLG is a love letter to animal lovers, especially dog lovers... Trico behaviors and reactions remind me a lot of my beloved dog, so I formed a strong attachment to Trico like no one else in videogames. Go and enjoy it on PS5 if you haven't yet.

50867b3781aa68959ce5fd1afefc890640a9806a.gifv

Corndog

Banned
is this problem because you can’t compile a PS4 game with the ps5 sdk or something similar? It would seem you should be able to recompile the game with ps5 sdk and have it still run on both consoles but I guess not.

bender

What time is it?
The Last Guardian is one of my favourite PS4 exclusives and in my opinion the best Ueda game for many reasons, especially because it aged and will age well. ICO and SOTC didn't age well, especially the latter with its way too empty and boring open world and repetitive gameplay that felt weird back then and feels even weirder with the Bluepoint remake.

TLG is a love letter to animal lovers, especially dog lovers... Trico behaviors and reactions remind me a lot of my beloved dog, so I formed a strong attachment to Trico like no one else in videogames. Go and enjoy it on PS5 if you haven't yet.

50867b3781aa68959ce5fd1afefc890640a9806a.gifv

SOTC didn't age well?

OrganicMadeupAngora-size_restricted.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
is this problem because you can’t compile a PS4 game with the ps5 sdk or something similar? It would seem you should be able to recompile the game with ps5 sdk and have it still run on both consoles but I guess not.
the game is already running at 60 fps and 4kcb on the PS5. You dont need to recompile it on anything. Just add a toggle for 60 fps in the PS4 version and the PS5's BC mode will run it just like it does now.

Top Bottom